leo's on here would you confiscate weapons? - Page 5

leo's on here would you confiscate weapons?

This is a discussion on leo's on here would you confiscate weapons? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by chuckusaret How can you say that? I believe that it could happen, but only if the local police were attempting to confiscate ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: leo's on here would you confiscate weapons?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    How can you say that? I believe that it could happen, but only if the local police were attempting to confiscate weapons. I don't believe if an AWB/confiscation is approved that local authorities would be directed to confiscate weapons and/or assist the federal authorities until the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is amended or repealed. Remember the DOJ disallowed enforcement of federal laws by local authorities.
    I said it by using my fingers to type it in.
    SIXTO likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I said it by using my fingers to type it in.
    IMO, your reply is not at all funny. So it is just an assumption on your part that any type of gun confiscation by federal authorities would cause residents to take action against local departments. I do believe I would be working with my state, county and local authorities to assist in preventing federal authorities from implementing any form of weapons confiscation. Remember local LEO's did swear ".....to uphold the laws......"
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Katrina happened 8 years ago and we've witnessed members of this forum giving some pretty harsh treatment to an officer that was in the area but did not participate. I don't know what the intended purpose of that treatment was, but it is a mistake.
    We're just not a warrior culture and I don't see any evidence of the population as a whole changing. Remember we're still a country of 310 million and fewer than 117 million found their way to the polls on election day. (And 59 million of those voted for the guy wanting to come after guns.) Unless I see some sort of dramatic public awakening in the near future I'll be left wondering where all of the opposition is going to come from. Maybe I'm missing something.
    It wasn't harsh treatment and wasn't meant as disrespectful; it was education about what actually happened. It's easy to be in the middle of something like that and not have knowledge of everything that is going on around you. What you're missing is that only about 10% of colonists participated in the Revolution. 10% of the population that voted against the guy coming after guns still far outnumber those in the military that count as "infantry boots on the ground" and even that number has to be reduced to those that would be willing to open fire on Americans under an unconstitutional order. Also, there's a huge population after all these years at war of those with military training.
    Not saying that there's a high probability of that taking place or that it's desirable, just that that's how those numbers play out.

I think the LEOs on this forum skew the actual numbers. This is a very Pro 2A forum and LEOs and civilians with those same beliefs post here.
    I believe the majority of LEOs are swayed by public perception the same way the general public is.
    I think that there would be plenty of LEO that would obey a gun confiscation order for “the overall public good”.
    Also,
    If there are insufficient numbers of local Leo to do it, there are plenty more like the TSA, ATF, etc, that would be called into the task.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    You're correct that a majority of colonists did not participate in the revolution. I could argue the 10% number but won't. I will simply state that 10% of our current population would be over 30 million people. I see no signs of 30 million people being willing to actively engage the forces of government power grabs. In honesty I'd say we're looking at more like 3 million that have are really ready to leave the comfortable life and fight for their rights.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    IMO, your reply is not at all funny. So it is just an assumption on your part that any type of gun confiscation by federal authorities would cause residents to take action against local departments. I do believe I would be working with my state, county and local authorities to assist in preventing federal authorities from implementing any form of weapons confiscation. Remember local LEO's did swear ".....to uphold the laws......"
    OK friend since you insist on a response, I'll respond. I was replying to a specific post made by SIXTO who is a local LEO. HE SAID that he would not accept such an assignment because it would be a death sentence. I was agreeing with him. That's all, nothing more.

OBVIOUSLY if local police were NOT the ones going door to door then they wouldn't come under fire.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    In honesty I'd say we're looking at more like 3 million that have are really ready to leave the comfortable life and fight for their rights.
    Compare that to the 100 thousand American infantry less those that wouldn't obey an unconstitutional order. If you believe the study on youtube that 25% of Marines would follow such an order and extend it to all branches, that's 3 million fighting civies vs 25 thousand infantry. Good luck with that.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    OK friend since you insist on a response, I'll respond. I was replying to a specific post made by SIXTO who is a local LEO. HE SAID that he would not accept such an assignment because it would be a death sentence. I was agreeing with him. That's all, nothing more.

OBVIOUSLY if local police were NOT the ones going door to door then they wouldn't come under fire.
    Sorry, but it appeared, without quoting SIXTO input, that you were replying to my post. I did not insist on a reply, just asked for clarification of your reply, frankly I could care less if you replied or not.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

If something like this ever did happen, I'd open the door and say come on in. Guns... what guns?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Never again!

Here are two videos to watch to answer the question!

NRA Never Again - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

NRA Never Again Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

NOW THERE IS YOUR ANSWER!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Compare that to the 100 thousand American infantry less those that wouldn't obey an unconstitutional order. If you believe the study on youtube that 25% of Marines would follow such an order and extend it to all branches, that's 3 million fighting civies vs 25 thousand infantry. Good luck with that.
    There's a lot more to worry about than the infantry... more to the point your average administrative Marine is going to be better armed and better trained than most citizens- so the infantryman you point to doesn't necessarily matter. More to the point, you're leaving out the people that would be doing most of the actual work. The ATF, FBI, and other federal agencies.

As I've said on this forum before- the gun community isn't organized like the Colonists were in 1776. We don't have an established legislative body, we don't have known leaders, and we're not working on a national army. There is no General Washington in place to take the reigns and lead us to victory. Further we're a community with semiautomatic pistols and rifles. We're not equipped to deal with armor, air power, and the other aspects of modern warfare. I simply don't believe that we're going to see the types of things you read about on this forum.

One other item has been bothering me. Clearly some on this forum ARE prepared to start shooting at any cop they see if the gun confiscation fantasy comes true. That tells me that if the BATFE raids a house or ten in your city the local LEOs are likely to be in trouble. If you start shooting at my friends as they respond to a traffic accident or a domestic dispute I don't know how to claim you're still a "law abiding" citizen. Once you've chosen to engage a law enforcement officer that is not attempting to disarm you you've lost the legal high ground and should expect a pretty harsh response from LEOs that would have never attempted to take your weapons from you.
    Hopyard and ErnieNWillis like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

LEO will do as they are told. They will not risk a pension for you. What do they care they have a gun.
    Heck they been doing it already.

Join Oath Keepers and help them educate the military and law enforcement. Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic I know, some will throw rocks at me for this suggestion but I doubt they have a better idea. I keep hearing "maybe the younger ones will". How are you going to reach them if some group like Oath Keepers doesn't do it? There is no other organized group that I've ever heard about.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    LEO will do as they are told. They will not risk a pension for you. What do they care they have a gun.
    Heck they been doing it already.
    OldVet and 64zebra like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    No Sir. Law abiding citizens don't need their weapons taken away. I said that "we" meaning agents that worked for me, took guns off the streets, mainly from looters and/or burglars.

As I said in my reply, there were some weapons taken from people that shouldn't have, by a couple of the local law enforcement agencies, and have since acknowledged that they were wrong in doing that. There wasn't any mass confiscation, as some would have you believe.
    They only apologized after they got "spanked" in court. Until then, they refused to even consider returning weapons. Also, several weapon's were mysteriously "lost." Several heirloom rifles were ruined due to improper storage. It was a disgrace, all the way around. And I would venture to say there were more weapons confiscated than what you are attempting to imply.
    64zebra and oneshot like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links