leo's on here would you confiscate weapons?

This is a discussion on leo's on here would you confiscate weapons? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some police will and others won't same with the military. You have those men and women in Uniform who will blindly follow orders without question ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: leo's on here would you confiscate weapons?

Some police will and others won't same with the military.

You have those men and women in Uniform who will blindly follow orders without question even if they don't feel good about it or know its wrong.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Dude..

Your post is patently racist, and very offensive. You claim to have been a police officer? I'd wonder how fair and even tempered you were. All police Officers are sworn to protect and uphold the constitution of the U.S. and the constitution of the individual state... ALL OF IT!. The police dont get to pick and choose what law they will enforce, or who they will protect.
    Sorry but LEO pick and choose what law to enforce everyday. If a law Is not PC in their eyes it is not enforced. LE allows and encourages drug dealing with in limited areas in every major city . LEO do not arrest undocumented citizens in most parts of the country now.
    No LEO enforces a law the DA does not agree with or refuse to prosecute.
    TheConcealer and Sandpiper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Sorry but LEO pick and choose what law to enforce everyday. If a law Is not PC in their eyes it is not enforced. LE allows and encourages drug dealing with in limited areas in every major city . LEO do not arrest undocumented citizens in most parts of the country now.
    No LEO enforces a law the DA does not agree with or refuse to prosecute.
    Its more of Spirit of the law versus letter of the law.

But you aren't wrong about picking and choosing.

Administrator
    This thread has nothing to do with race. The notion is completely stupid from both sides, so knock it off. I've deleted 15 posts. Let that serve as the first and final warning.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I worked with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS/ICE/Investigations) in New Orleans when Katrina struck. Myself and hundreds of other ICE Special Agents acted as the POLICE in two precincts, from two days after the storm, until the third week of December 2005.

Yes some guns were confiscated by local law enforcement authorities that shouldn't have been. Those agencies have since apologized, and I believe compensated the victims of these illegal seizures. I know, it doesn't make it right. We took a few guns off the streets during that timeframe as well, but those weapons were on the persons of people breaking the law (looters & burglars).

I guess my reason for replying was to counter the misimpression that there was widespread gun confiscation along the affected area. Just isn't true.
    Sorry but apologizing isn't enough. They should be held accountable for the criminal confiscation, and stand before a jury imo...
    64zebra likes this.

VIP Member
    back to the original question posed by the OP.....
    I'm a LEO and have no reservations about giving my opinion on this.....NO, heck NO I will not participate in gun confiscation if ordered
    If the Feds say I can't enforce immigration law since its federal, then I can't enforce a gun grab order either.

Everyone has to remember that the opinions of LEOs are going to differ depending on where they are at the time.
    At our department, due to conversations I've had or overheard, of our 340 or so sworn personnel, there are probably 5 to 10 that slant towards thinking people shouldn't have certain type of guns or no guns at all. The rest are just like me, have been gun owners for years, have collections/ammo, hate the ideas of the antis or a gov't that would think that way.
    OldVet likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqking View Post
    would the leo's on here go door to door to confiscate weapons if told to?
    When they start going door to door, it won't be to confiscate weapons.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Ok, as a LEO, here's my thought (I know, not much grey matter to use). Hummm, I would only "confiscate" M1 garands and carbines (in good working condition), an original M1911, I'd like an old Sharps, ohhh and a Barrett .50 BMG would be AWESOME! Ok, ok! I know! That's illegal! (I would have to wonder if I'd get in trouble for "losing" a M-16 and "acquiring" a M1 though). But on a serious note, if firearms became outlawed, I see more people "selling" them and "forgetting" who they "sold" them to. But I know, I don't want to have to try to enter a house to attempt to take a weapon from a honest, hardworking, AMERICAN! (for MY safety reasons, that is!)

Already had this discussion with a few fellow officers in my department, all have said the same, that our duty belts,weapons and badges would be on the bosses desk if we got that order.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Administrator
    The last time I checked my local LEOs have cousins and inlaws and sons and daughters and wives and grandfathers and grandmothers and friends and fishing buddies and business associates and folks they have served in the mil with and a favorite bakery........etc etc etc.
    I don't think they are going to be all too keen on disarming the public in general.

I am fairly confident that my local LEOs would NOT EVER go along with a general firearm confiscation order.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Obama wants to use UN slugs to take you weapons not local leo.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

In a more serious note on this matter, although our boss hasn't made an official statement, many of my co workers agree that we would not attempt to disarm the citizens our parish. We are also in agreement to believe that any attempt to do so would bring to a massive loss of lives. I feel that the first life lost would be the old WW2 vet or retired police officer, who raises his M1 garand or duty weapon one last time. And being a respected member in the community, other citizens will rush to his or her defense with their rifles. This will start a chain reaction of communities coming together and forming their own "militias" throughout the United States. Yes, in my heart, I believe this. Yeah, I have to believe, the last force that tried to disarm the citizens were the British and the rest is history.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRTEAGLE357 View Post
    Obama wants to use UN slugs to take you weapons not local leo.
    I can't type my thoughts on that on this forum.....for political reasons and what I would do to the blue beret or helmets....nope, I can't type it
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Odd, I had this very conversation with my good friend a retired Navy Seal, turned Police Officer the other day
    He flat told me that in his opinion the LEO's would not be the ones picking up everyones guns
    The Army Soldiers would be given the job because they Government knows too well that the LEO's don't have the manpower or the will to enforce a Constitutionally wrong law like this
    And with the new reduced standards for Army Soldiers, most won't know the Constitutional Rights of American Citizens anyway!
    Plus they have more firepower to quell any resistance if need be!

His thought's were that they'd just do what they are told!

Barring that, the UN would be their backup!

welcome to the third world nation of America!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links