NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons - Page 2

NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons

This is a discussion on NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LEO union dues greatly helped put the current crop of gun grabbers into NY Senate/House/Gov. mansion. Now they expect concern about the results of their ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons

LEO union dues greatly helped put the current crop of gun grabbers into NY Senate/House/Gov. mansion. Now they expect concern about the results of their own actions.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    According to NYSPL, and CPLR NY police officers re completely exempt from any gun laws, including this latest foolishness.
    I'd like to know where they read that (or "interpreted") from the latest foolish law no one read, but passed with enthusiasm.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I'd like to know where they read that (or "interpreted") from the latest foolish law no one read, but passed with enthusiasm.
    Google NY Penal law section 265.00

"The Tactical Model"

"Gun reform must prevent criminals and the deranged from getting illegal weapons—not restrict law-abiding retired cops from protecting themselves and the public," Palladino said.

I guess the rest of us little people just haven't earned the right to defend ourselves. I mean c'mon they are RETIRED, so officially they are protecting the public in the same capacity that anyone else who carries a gun is.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Google NY Penal law section 265.00
    I stand corrected.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I think it makes more sense to restrict NYPD than citizens given their 12 citizens to 1 criminal hit ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I think it makes more sense to restrict NYPD than citizens given their 12 citizens to 1 criminal hit ratio.
    Police of course should be armed with magazines designed for their guns, since they are obliged to respond to situations that are often dangerous. When they do respond it is usually in force with several officers who carry fully loaded handguns as well as long guns in many cases. Remember, they are responding to a crime scene where a serious crime has happened already or is still actively occurring. They are called the first responders. The person who just had his/her head bashed in or who was just stabbed or shot is the true first responder. They responded to the violent act by dying.

Even the most dangerous police situations such as traffic stops are now being treated in a different fashion than before and back-up with another officer is now becoming more and more popular, as it should.

Hidden dangers seem to be everywhere hiding behind bushes, lurking in shadows or hanging out in broad daylight just waiting to take something from you or do something to you.

Who needs more protection? Is it the politician, the movie star, the multi-millionaire ( THE ELITES ), who have armed security, often times police, with no limitations on their magazine capacity, or is it the everyday man or woman who is just trying to enjoy a peaceful normal life?

For every ONE criminal willing to take on one of the ELITES or an armed police officer to mug, rob, carjack or commit any number of everyday violent crimes against him/her, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands more, who will and do select targets that offer less if any defense against their violent acts. YOU and ME, the general public, are the targets of the criminal and we are the ones having limits placed on our ability to protect our families.

How many high rise apartments or mansions surrounded with high fences and high tech security systems have had the pleasure of a home invasion?
    How many carjackers choose a limousine over a 3 year old Honda?
    How often do 2 or 3 creeps attempt to beat up and rob a cop for the cash in his or her wallet?
    How many ELITES have to walk home from a bus or subway station in the dark of night or walk through a darkened parking lot with a loaf of bread or quart of milk?
    How many ELITES work the late shift at convenience stores or gas stations?
    How many ELITES get killed or have their skulls bashed in while delivering a pizza or a bucket full of pork fried rice?

OMO

bosco
    oneshot, msgt/ret and oakchas like this.

Things appear to be rapidly reaching the point where a decision is going to be made. Are we ( the people ) going to live as "citizens" or "subjects". The weaker we ( the people ) are at that decision point, the less we will have to say about it. We shouldn't fool ourselves. The elite in this country have always been exempt from the rules that govern commoners. How much freedom we are able to keep depends to a large extent on how hard we are willing to fight for it. In this instance, "MIGHT" will prevail over "RIGHT". We are becoming weaker by the day, and the fact that we are "RIGHT" will soon not mean very much. I encourage you to think about it. I sure have been.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Police of course should be armed with magazines designed for their guns, since they are obliged to respond to situations that are often dangerous. When they do respond it is usually in force with several officers who carry fully loaded handguns as well as long guns in many cases. Remember, they are responding to a crime scene where a serious crime has happened already or is still actively occurring. They are called the first responders. The person who just had his/her head bashed in or who was just stabbed or shot is the true first responder. They responded to the violent act by dying.

Even the most dangerous police situations such as traffic stops are now being treated in a different fashion than before and back-up with another officer is now becoming more and more popular, as it should.

Hidden dangers seem to be everywhere hiding behind bushes, lurking in shadows or hanging out in broad daylight just waiting to take something from you or do something to you.

Who needs more protection? Is it the politician, the movie star, the multi-millionaire ( THE ELITES ), who have armed security, often times police, with no limitations on their magazine capacity, or is it the everyday man or woman who is just trying to enjoy a peaceful normal life?

For every ONE criminal willing to take on one of the ELITES or an armed police officer to mug, rob, carjack or commit any number of everyday violent crimes against him/her, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands more, who will and do select targets that offer less if any defense against their violent acts. YOU and ME, the general public, are the targets of the criminal and we are the ones having limits placed on our ability to protect our families.

How many high rise apartments or mansions surrounded with high fences and high tech security systems have had the pleasure of a home invasion?
    How many carjackers choose a limousine over a 3 year old Honda?
    How often do 2 or 3 creeps attempt to beat up and rob a cop for the cash in his or her wallet?
    How many ELITES have to walk home from a bus or subway station in the dark of night or walk through a darkened parking lot with a loaf of bread or quart of milk?
    How many ELITES work the late shift at convenience stores or gas stations?
    How many ELITES get killed or have their skulls bashed in while delivering a pizza or a bucket full of pork fried rice?

OMO

bosco
    So, man, you're like, sayin' that the ELITES are gettin' all the bennies. And the rest of us, like 99% are left to fend for ourselves while them fatcats get all the gravy? So that, like, makes them the 1%... right?

So maybe we ought to do something, you know like "occupy" their turf, man... Like say we oughta go down to Wall street, and camp out... and we maybe ought to do it in Hollywood too, huh? And maybe like at the congress building and like D.C. too huh?

Why those liberal, commie pinkos.. .occupying wall street! protesting against the supposed one percent... dummies!

Ya know, it's like deja vu, all over again... everybody has a point... it's all in how you look at it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links