NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons

This is a discussion on NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have any of you ever read The Onion? This seems like an Onion story. Even the quotes are excellent satire. Cops Are Outraged That New ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: NYS Magazine Ban LEO Respons

Have any of you ever read The Onion? This seems like an Onion story. Even the quotes are excellent satire.

Cops Are Outraged That New York's New Magazine Limit Could Apply to Them - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    BLUF: A number of NYS polic agencies are upset about the lack of an exemption for then int eh new legislation.

My favorite part: One has to wonder: If, as Seabrook says, the new magazine limit will have no impact on criminals and if, as Seabrook and Palladino agree, more than seven rounds sometimes are necessary to "save lives," what justification can there be for imposing this arbitrary restriction not just on "law-abiding retired cops" but on law-abiding citizens in general?

VIP Member
    If john Q public must suffer the consequences of stupid legislators, why should the police be any different.
    My heart goes out to them, but many of them probably put these idiots in office in the first place.
    atctimmy, ctr, Mjr_Fail and 6 others like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

This really is too funny.....IMO......the Left Ass Hats again in action.

If the NY legislature wants to encourage class distinctions, they're going about it the right way.

I'm all for discounts for active LE, but I never thought I'd see the day where non-LE folk had to take a back seat with respect to the arms that police carry.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Democrats pass a bill and do not know what is in it . So what is new about that kind of the norm for them.
    It does not madder they are not going to limit the LEO that protect them they work that out.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I am really curious if the NYS politicos that have armed guards are going to limit their own guards to 7 rounds.

I just wrote the following email to Gov. Cuomo's office: "The rest of the country is watching what happens in NYS with interest. I am really curious about one particular issue. With the passing of the new law regarding a 7 round maximum magazine capacity: Do the Governor's Body Guards follow the new law? In other words, is the Gov. willing to personally live with the new law?"

It will be interesting to see if I get a response (I'm not holding my breath)
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Democrats pass a bill and do not know what is in it
    Ya know, ANY politician that passes a bill without reading or knowing the contents ought to be tried for deriliction of duty.

Isn't that one of their main jobs? You voted for them because you though that they might best represent your issues and convictions, and then you find out that they are passing crap without looking at it?

This country is getting so out of balance that its like a motor beggining to shake and shake and shake. It can only go on for so long before it eats itself.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

All fed, state, and local law enforcement should lead by example. They all should be limited to 7 the round capacity magazines. As far as that goes why do they have those evil black rifles (assault rifles). Think about it for a minute they are a protective service, why do they need an ASSAULT weapons.

I can see it now. NYPD starts carrying 6 shot 38s.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    I can see it now. NYPD starts carrying 6 shot 38s.
    If you look at Feinsteins bill you'll see the military will be going back to bolt actions. Bans the "import and manufacture of all assault weapons"

Distinguished Member
    If you still can't believe there is an undercurrent of political subversion going on, you must be ignoring the facts. Folks, the wheels are fixin' to come off this train. Hope I am wrong.
    mg27 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think New York would be much safer if everyone is restricted to airsoft only. Real bullets cause serious injury or even death. If a criminal shoots you with airsoft, you have a very good chance of surviving. Of course, police should have real bullets, because they're the good guys!
    goawayfarm likes this.

According to NYSPL, and CPLR NY police officers re completely exempt from any gun laws, including this latest foolishness.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I am really curious if the NYS politicos that have armed guards are going to limit their own guards to 7 rounds.

I just wrote the following email to Gov. Cuomo's office: "The rest of the country is watching what happens in NYS with interest. I am really curious about one particular issue. With the passing of the new law regarding a 7 round maximum magazine capacity: Do the Governor's Body Guards follow the new law? In other words, is the Gov. willing to personally live with the new law?"

It will be interesting to see if I get a response (I'm not holding my breath)
    IF you get a response, you know what it is going to say, something like:

Thank you for inquiring about my safety. I am taking steps to amend the law to remove the restriction from active and retired LEO. The safety and security of the elite ruling class is far more important than that of you peons. Without us you would have nowhere to send your tax dollars to be wasted, you would have no one to look to hand you your scraps of liberty you think you need, and most importantly, you would have no one to bow down to and grovel at their feet.

Again, thank you for your inquiry.

Signed,

Your Benevolent Ruler
    msgt/ret and Chaplain Scott like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

O Snap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links