Act 235 discussion

Act 235 discussion

This is a discussion on Act 235 discussion within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey Everyone, I just registered at LEASOT Academy in Philadelphia and I have heard a lot of good things about that particular school. Has anyone ...

Act 235 discussion

Hey Everyone,

I just registered at LEASOT Academy in Philadelphia and I have heard a lot of good things about that particular school. Has anyone gone through their program?

I also wanted to know what the range qualification consists of? I am a novice shooter but I am really interested in changing that and going into law enforcement, body guard or something of the sort.

Thanks and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

I went through it in 2007, But It wasn't the same school.. When I went it was 4 days 10 hours each. basic stuff , How to not Infringe on people's rights, The differnece in reasonable suspicion and probable cause, some law, Tactical hand training, then if I recall the last day was shooting. They scored you out of 150 and I think you needed 110 points to qualify. We got two chances to shoot incase the first time around we didnt make it. You shoot from 7 yards, then 15 then 25 yards. Use 10 rounds for each of the 3 differnt yard lines. Like I said that was in 2007 I dont know if its the same way now..

Good Luck

Is this a four day police academy?

Links