Women Officially in Combat Roles

This is a discussion on Women Officially in Combat Roles within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu Oh come on! DOn't be bashful...most forum violations will expire in 90 days LOL That's true! My expired yesterday!...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Women Officially in Combat Roles

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Oh come on! DOn't be bashful...most forum violations will expire in 90 days LOL
    That's true! My expired yesterday!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Obviously, this whole topic is being used as a political tool. I say we need to register all 18 year old girls for the draft, starting now. If it's really about equality, then you have to go all the way. It's not.

The problem is that drafting girls wouldn't gain any votes.
    rolyat63, suntzu and Doghandler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Is it a bad idea to have women Leo as well?
    This is a bad idea for several reasons. A man is more likely to put himself in harms way if they think the female soldier is in danger. It's like we all want to protect our mothers. Additional cost to provide for separate quarters. Distraction from a tight pair of fatigues will get you killed. If the woman on the front like gets captured she better be wearing a chastity belt. Can a woman hump a 40 pound ruck on a 15 mile march. I'm not going to carry her. Equal opportunity will get involved and may drop the physical requirements for women's equal rights. When the SHTF I don't want to hear please hold me. Do I need to go on. Ladies, I apologize in advance if I have offended any of you but this will cost lives, men and women.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 24th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I think that no matter how "PC" the "progressive" Left wants to be, there are certain societal and cultural factors that just simply cannot be changed, at least not at this point in time.

If I were in the military, I could trust a woman, I could depend on one, and I could fight side by side with a woman. I have 3 daughters, and I have always been impressed by their abilities. While they may not always bring brute physical strength to the table, women ocharacteristly often bring other valueable traits to the fight. What I'm trying to say here, is that in no way shape or form doubt the bravery and abilities of women in a combat role.

However, while I could fight side by side with women, what I just could not psychologically handle, is if that woman were to be wounded, killed, or captured by the enemy. It would just mess me up. And that, would comprimise my abilities as a male soldier/sailor/marine. Of course a male comrade casualty would possibly mess me up too, but not nearly to the degree of a woman. That is just because how I am culturally and biologically programmed after thousands of years of human instinct.

A man is more likely to put himself in harms way if they think the female soldier is in danger. It's like we all want to protect our mothers.
    OK, so a mothers maternal instict to protect her younf might distract an older NCO female in protecting a 18 yr old kid
    Additional cost to provide for separate quarters.
    Depending what unit you are in and what you are doing they share may also share the same tent/quarters. As far back as I could remember during field probles we had females in the same tent as us and sometime seperate tents.
    Distraction from a tight pair of fatigues will get you killed
    That is just ignorant
    Can a woman hump a 40 pound ruck on a 15 mile march. I'm not going to carry her
    Agreed
    When the s**t hit the fan I don't want to hear please hold me.
    I have no idea where and when you served but you served with a bunch of females that are not the norm (my experience)
    Equal opportunity will get involved and may drop the physical requirements for women's equal rights.
    That may be true and a valid reason for not having women serve as 11, 18 series.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Obviously, this whole topic is being used as a political tool. I say we need to register all 18 year old girls for the draft, starting now. If it's really about equality, then you have to go all the way. It's not.

The problem is that drafting girls wouldn't gain any votes.
    I agree, that (registering for the draft) is where this will be going.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's a pretty narrow-minded view. Some may dream of serving their country to their fullest; that's pretty compatable with defending the country.
    Serving ones country does not necessarily mean compatibility with capability, military readiness or even need. There are nearly unlimited ways of serving, and serving with honor, in all branches. I served 20 years in the Navy. Originally I "dreamed" of being a Seal. It was much more a dream than a reality. I ended up a Senior Chief Signalman with a wonderful, fulfilling career. If one demands self-actualization find a therapist or a life coach. Don't place fellow soldiers/sailors/airmen or the country in danger just to attain one's dreams.

VIP Member
    Go for it, give them a all female fire fight squad kicking down doors and getting to the bad guy.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I can't tell you how much I am against this! The military is not the place for social experiments and it's placing our country in jeopardy.

No matter how many push-ups, sits ups and planking, women will never have the upper body strength of males. That's just the way it is and to deny it is absurd.

There are plenty of important and valuable jobs in the military for women but the front lines isn't one of them!
    Well I'm a military police officer I am a soldier I have deployed with women and have been in fire fights with women by my side fighting same as I do it's hard to lose any of your battle buddy's I believe it's a good thing god bless our troops
    torgo1968 likes this.

If that sounded rude I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound rude

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg1217 View Post
    If that sounded rude I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound rude
    Not at all, I admire your passion and confidence in women. Again, I'm not saying women shouldn't be in the Military in many different disciplines. I don't think the front line is one of them.

I also I'm completely against women who have minor children being deployed overseas for more than 3 months at a time. But, that's a whole other thread.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Serving ones country does not necessarily mean compatibility with capability, military readiness or even need. There are nearly unlimited ways of serving, and serving with honor, in all branches. I served 20 years in the Navy. Originally I "dreamed" of being a Seal. It was much more a dream than a reality. I ended up a Senior Chief Signalman with a wonderful, fulfilling career. If one demands self-actualization find a therapist or a life coach. Don't place fellow soldiers/sailors/airmen or the country in danger just to attain one's dreams.
    Because you didn't fulfill your "dreams" doesn't others can't. I don't think anyone is demanding anything, only the opportunity to prove themselves. It is not up to either of us to set the boundries of who can exceed at what.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I almost fell over - the news tonight said that women will be allowed in combat units...IF they can meet the same physical standards as the men.

Huh.

Maybe there is some sense left in the DoD after all.

Still think it is a distraction that is not needed, and there are other hygiene etc issues as well...but...if the women have to meet the same physical standards as the men, there will be precious few women in the combat arms.

In other words, this was all political theater.
    DPro.40 and Jeanlouise like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Isn't it all anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Keep yer eyes on da shell with the ball. Any trick to take the eyes off the ball. Carnival tricks. Has been for as long as the carnies have been in the show.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links