Women Officially in Combat Roles

Women Officially in Combat Roles

This is a discussion on Women Officially in Combat Roles within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can't tell you how much I am against this! The military is not the place for social experiments and it's placing our country in ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Women Officially in Combat Roles

VIP Member

Women now going into combat positions in the military

I can't tell you how much I am against this! The military is not the place for social experiments and it's placing our country in jeopardy.

No matter how many push-ups, sits ups and planking, women will never have the upper body strength of males. That's just the way it is and to deny it is absurd.

There are plenty of important and valuable jobs in the military for women but the front lines isn't one of them!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Also, think of the mental stress placed on male soldiers when they see a woman who has been killed or severely wounded in combat...

Totally agree with you Jean!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Demi Moore made a more believable SEAL than Charlie Sheen.
    Regoria75 likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I don't agree either. It's a mans natural instinct to protect a woman, and this will lead to big problems.

Additionally, if they lower the fitness standard, which there already is two separate physical standards, then we will be in trouble on the battle field.

And furthermore, I do not think this country is prepared to see it's daughters, mothers, and wives return in Goverment caskets.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I can't tell you how much I am against this! The military is not the place for social experiments and it's placing our country in jeopardy.

No matter how many push-ups, sits ups and planking, women will never have the upper body strength of males. That's just the way it is and to deny it is absurd.

There are plenty of important and valuable jobs in the military for women but the front lines isn't one of them!
    Agreed! Plain and simple there is just no way that this is a fit!!

i agree this is a bad idea, but, there is no draft and the women sign up for this.so I guess its their choice to make.

Re: Women now going into combat positions in the military

Is it a bad idea to have women Leo as well?

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Demi Moore made a more believable SEAL than Charlie Sheen.
    Pee Wee Herman makes a more believable SEAL than Charlie Sheen.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    And furthermore, I do not think this country is prepared to see it's daughters, mothers, and wives return in Goverment caskets.
    I am not sure how you missed it, but this country has already seen woman military return in caskets.
    3wggl and Regoria75 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    You could certainly make an argument for that, however I think we can safely say a combat military role carries much, much more risk than that of your average LEO.
    NRA

...women were made to give life, not take it...(in spite of what my Mom said: "I brought you into this life, and I CAN take you out!:)
    ...when they told me they were giving me a female officer to train...I told them I'd turn in my badge first...and they finally believed me...many cases where the female officer just couldn't believe the BG was going to do something and waited just long enough to get the male officer hurt/killed...I hold women in the highest regard, appreciate all that they go through to give us children, know that their intelligence and maturity and capabilities in a lot of areas FAR exceed mine...but to put them out there stopping evil...NO...it's not a matter of" less than"...it's a matter of "different than"...there are many roles in military and LEO work that women fill with excellence...but toe-to-toe combat is not one of them...

Well said Snub44.
    NRA

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    My thing is I could not care less about it. My deal with it is that the military brass say they are doing this to be fair. If fairness is the issue then why are the military physical fitness requirements different for men and women among all branches?

Army Physical Fitness test (APFT)
    Spirit51 likes this.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    No, because it's a rare time that she would (as a LEO) have to spend weeks or months in the field, marching with 70 pounds of supplies on her back and be put in the situation where she might have to drag another soldier to safety. That's not to say she wouldn't want to and wouldn't try her darndest to do it, but it's a physical reality.

Women are great in brainy situations but not brawny situations.
    nick060200 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Having been one of the first women on a metro paid Fire Department in the early 70s, women can do many things. Of course we were more Paramedic than Firefighter, but still had to do the training and be able to fill that job. I have gone into a burning building and retrieve a down Firefighter on several occasions and "manned" a hose line and taken equipment to the "Pumper crew" and repelled with a patient down the side of a building, but was mainly a Paramedic. As I like to say, "I was a Firefighter/Paramedic for 15 years....light on the Firefighter....heavy on the Paramedic. This being said...

I do believe that women in combat along side men is NOT a good idea. Of course if you have a squad of women alone...that might work. Some women can be very aggressive and combative, but along side of men it would make the men feel like they had to "protect" the women as women and not as fellow squad members. Is this really necessary in today's Military??
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links