Now when it says LEO and Mil only

This is a discussion on Now when it says LEO and Mil only within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Most places around here extend the offers to military retiree's as well as AD. Ask, the most they can do is tell you no....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Now when it says LEO and Mil only

VIP Member
    Most places around here extend the offers to military retiree's as well as AD. Ask, the most they can do is tell you no.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    AS I said we include former Military in our interpetation of the discount. Arent disabled vets retired? A Veteran may have done several tours in combat, not been wounded, and decided to seperate from the military before his retirement date... is he or she any less a national treasure than someone who stayed in?... Our opinion is no.. they are no less a national treasure. The only thing required is an honorable discharge.
    I have a 100 percent rating and I haven't been told by anyone military or VA that I'm retired. I was only in for 4 years (8 if you want to count that inactive bit) so I wouldn't be retired in that sense ether.

That's awesome that you guys give that discount though.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Lol yeah they told me no. However the retired LEO wasn't there when I went. So it still may be possible.

First let me say THANK YOU! Thank you to our military personnel.

Now, I am also a professional photographer and when I know someone served in our military, it doesn't matter to me if they are active, retired or just out and now former military, they get a discount. What our military does for us is irreplaceable. There are not enough thank yous to be said. I was also a volunteer firefighter in NY, so our military has a special place in my heart. We lost 343 good men and women that day, some instructors, a guy in my fd lost his brother, so THANK YOU AGAIN for what you do or did!

Sorry, off on a tangent there.

Be safe!
    mulle46 likes this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post

Now, I am also a professional photographer and when I know someone served in our military, it doesn't matter to me if they are active, retired or just out and now former military, they get a discount. What our military does for us is irreplaceable. There are not enough thank yous to be said. I was also a volunteer firefighter in NY, so our military has a special place in my heart. We lost 343 good men and women that day, some instructors, a guy in my fd lost his brother, so THANK YOU AGAIN for what you do or did!

Be safe!
    Seconded^^^ Thank you to ALL that have served, in ANY capacity.

As for Glock's, this is who they allow to use LEO discounts:

*All sworn Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) State, County and City
    *All Federal Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) FBI, US Marshals, DEA etc
    *All Retired LEO with "retired" credentials including Federal, State, County & City
    *State Licensed Securtiy Companies (ie. Loomis Fargo, RAM, Securitas, etc)
    *State/City licensed Security officers
    *Active Military personnel-all branches
    *National Guard personnel-all branches
    *Military Reserve personnel-all branches
    *Legitimately retired military veterans with "retired" military ID
    *All TSA employees
    *Licensed Paramedics and EMT's
    *Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate ID
    *Commercial Pilot license holders & Federal Flight Deck Officers
    *Court Judges
    *District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys

The discounts can be pretty significant. Around here, with this discount, I can get one for $425 out the door. It's not bad, at all. If you're able to, snatch it.

Good deal! I bought my Glock 27 in 1998 for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Guns, A shop close by had some new glocks going for 430 but it was leo/mil only

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post

Be safe!
    You're welcome. Thanks for your support!
    AZ_Larz_NY likes this.

Not to hijack the thread, but speaking of LEO and Military use only stuff, here's the T-Shirt Mr. ColionNoir was wearing in his last YouTube video. I love it.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    From a pure economic stand it would be difficult to justify giving a discount to everyone that served 4 years and bounced. That's a very large segment of society that you're offering special prices to. (In fact I'm not sure how special the price would seem. I have a feeling you'd be blamed for charging more to people that didn't serve than credited for giving a discount to those that did.) I signed up not expecting to get any special treatment. Just because I'm out now doesn't change that- I still don't expect anything special.

I salute each and every vet I see. But you'll still pay full price if I'm selling something.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Our local mil/leo gun shop honors retired mil, too. I buy most of my stuff there.
    I think I know the one you are talking about and I LOVE the store. Their other one next door not so much. granted the discount is not for AD family members (that would have been nice for the wife). I'm going up there in a week or two to grab an AR lol well to get on the waiting list :(

GH
    Streicher's in Butler, WI, among other locations, lets Security, any Military (active duty, Guard, Reserve) & Military retirees use their LEO pricing.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I have a 100 percent rating and I haven't been told by anyone military or VA that I'm retired. I was only in for 4 years (8 if you want to count that inactive bit) so I wouldn't be retired in that sense ether.

Are you service connected "disabilty" and rated at 100% ??
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

Most of those who have served our country in the various militaries have served proudly and with honor. A 20 year career is not for everyone. Most combat vets left the military after their TDY's. While they may not be retired after 20 or so years, they certainly have paid their dues. They deserve our respect, and any consideration given to any other solder.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Are you service connected "disabilty" and rated at 100% ??
    Yes sir, service connected 100%. Thank you for the info in the pm it is most helpful.

Agreed secret spuk.

Lead Moderator
    Most places will specify what they mean, if not you can always ask.

I think in most cases just having been in the military is not what they mean since there are so many it might prove cost prohibitive. Most companies will state some form of current active duty (to include Reserves or National Guard), or Retired, which usually means 20+ years or medical (DD Form 2 Identification card). So, no your one tour in the military (3-6 years) may not qualify.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links