Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems?

This is a discussion on Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg An attacking invader would only need to start in Mexico OK-- so let's say that attacking invader is ????? The only ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    An attacking invader would only need to start in Mexico
    OK-- so let's say that attacking invader is ????? The only power sufficient to even think about it
    would be China. N Korea lacks the ability to project force. So too probably CHina at this point.

While Iran and terrorist organizations can sneak operatives in, and maybe try to get them in to our
    country through that border, these will hardly be stopped by an air defense.

Then let's talk about Cuba. Their sponsor country Russia isn't interested in playing right now.
    And Cuba is interested in a long and slow thaw with us.

Venezuela? The old boy is going to be croaked soon.

No one is going to mess with us--as in attempt to directly invade the way Japan once considered doing,
    and that's the case whether we have a particular air command or not.

Cold war is over folks. Keep your eye on the S. China Sea.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I thought I read somewhere that al Qaeda was amassing a large presence in Mexico and that would be the most likely entry point for their next terrorist attack when (not IF) it comes.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If they are letting Illegals in some states,and cities, like Chicago,get a driver's license,nothing these politicians do surprises me any more.

VIP Member
    From article;

An Exelis employee close to the TARS project had this to say about the closure of the sites:

“Not only will this closure mean hundreds of people will be out of jobs, but it also means our borders will not be safe, especially along the remote U.S. Mexico Border like in Texas.

These defense radars detect low flying aircraft infiltrating our borders.

Without these defense radars, low flying aircraft will go undetected.

It will be open season for any drug/gun/slave smugglers, terrorists flying in with nukes, low altitude missiles, or even a full scale low elevation invasion/attack against America.”
    END.

B.O.H.I.C.A.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Just when I think this moron cant get any dumber he does
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    OK-- so let's say that attacking invader is ????? The only power sufficient to even think about it
    would be China. N Korea lacks the ability to project force. So too probably CHina at this point.

While Iran and terrorist organizations can sneak operatives in, and maybe try to get them in to our
    country through that border, these will hardly be stopped by an air defense.

Then let's talk about Cuba. Their sponsor country Russia isn't interested in playing right now.
    And Cuba is interested in a long and slow thaw with us.

Venezuela? The old boy is going to be croaked soon.

No one is going to mess with us--as in attempt to directly invade the way Japan once considered doing,
    and that's the case whether we have a particular air command or not.

Cold war is over folks. Keep your eye on the S. China Sea.
    Better tell Putin the Cold War is over. The Russians and the Iranians WILL start something. Just wait, it's coming.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Better tell Putin the Cold War is over. The Russians and the Iranians WILL start something. Just wait, it's coming.
    I don't doubt it, but I don't particularly see where having a heavy southern air defense will contribute toward
    defending the things those two are likely to try. Neither Iran's missiles (if they had them) nor Russia's (if they chose
    to use what little they have left) would enter our airspace from the South.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Maybe he is preparing for the Fast and Furious 2.
    msgt/ret and Buckeye00 like this.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't doubt it, but I don't particularly see where having a heavy southern air defense will contribute toward
    defending the things those two are likely to try. Neither Iran's missiles (if they had them) nor Russia's (if they chose
    to use what little they have left) would enter our airspace from the South.
    I dunno about that. Read about Russian attack submarine slipped past US Navy and patrolled Gulf of Mexico for weeks undetected | Mail Online

Hasn't he seen Red Dawn?
    pittypat21 and Darrow75 like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Hopyard - It doesn't matter who. If we have a weakness, it will be exploited by someone wishing us to do harm. We should not assume that something unlikely is an impossibility.

We are not all-powerful and should not act as if we are.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." -Prov 16:18
    KoolBreeze, Tzadik, mg27 and 1 others like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

These statements about doom seem to be coming from the foks that will be losing a contract...hmmmmm...when did corporate America get so patriotic? Just saying. Does anyone here know how effective the system was (bang for the buck) and if there is another technology or sytem being used in its place? Just saying again...we go off the deep end without all the facts and a one sided doomsday prediction from the folks that will lose money from this deal.

I don't know. I do know that we have the technology to know if China or Iran and Russia are building up invasion forces in Mexico. I think we would have time to react with other assets to check for low flying aircraft. Look how long it took us to get troops in place for the first Desert Storm. It don't happen over night and certainly without our knowledge.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Hopyard - It doesn't matter who. If we have a weakness, it will be exploited by someone wishing us to do harm. We should not assume that something unlikely is an impossibility.

We are not all-powerful and should not act as if we are.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." -Prov 16:18
    Truth here^

This following the F-16's to the Muslim Brotherhood and it's kinda hard not to be a little worried.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

I can almost guarantee that at least part of the reason that this happened was that the govt of Mexico probably wanted these gone. Mexico sure doesnt want sophisticated cameras of all types along the border peering deep into Mexico, the camers on the fence line weren't a good as these.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links