Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems?

This is a discussion on Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ctr I dunno about that. Read about Russian attack submarine slipped past US Navy and patrolled Gulf of Mexico for weeks undetected ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Government to shut down Souther Air Defense Systems?

VIP Member
    Well if we know about it per the story, it was detected; No? Look the Russians still occasionally tweak our nose with
    flights along the coasts which incur; we tweak them back. But there aren't any realistic threats from the South for which
    large fighter fleets supported by tankers and backed by bombers need to be maintained.

I say put whatever assets we possess in the places where they do the greatest good. And if it is thought my DOD
    that having them elsewhere from where they are at the moment, that is fine with me. I'm for whatever works and doesn't cost
    more than our piggy bank has or is likely to have.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

If you walk onto a new playground and you want to prove to the entire playground who the toughest kid is on the playground, who do you pick a fight with?

You pick the biggest baddest toughest looking kid you can find. You hit him quick and hard and you give him a beating like nothing he has ever experienced before...you beat the snot out of him and make sure everyone sees you doing it.

Who is the biggest baddest toughest "kid" of the United States that you don't want to mess with?

Now, if you were already one of the "kids" on the playground but you fear the biggest baddest toughest "kid", what do you do?

You try and get other kids to be on your side and you try to get a new tough "kid" to come to the playground and challenge that big bad tough "kid" to a fight.

How do you get the new "kid" to come?

You give him something that he wants and you leave the gate open.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I dont think Russias missiles can be predicted as to which way they would come from any more than ours can. Russian ballistic subs can move to and launch from any where in the world as can ours.
    Not saying I think Russia wants to tangle with us alone. But downgrading our defenses in todays world seems as one said opening the gate and inviting trouble.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Cold war is over folks. Keep your eye on the S. China Sea.
    We would lose at least one carrier or have one badly damage like in the Sum of All fears. If not carrier then definitely a cruiser or destroyer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links