Army training in Houston?? - Page 3

Army training in Houston??

This is a discussion on Army training in Houston?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker That makes sense. But so did Area 51's weather balloon story. I thought civilian protection was a police responsibility until ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Army training in Houston??

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    That makes sense. But so did Area 51's weather balloon story.

I thought civilian protection was a police responsibility until martial law is declared?
    Even then, it is not supposed to involve the normal Military, but the National Guard.

They are violating FAA flight rules, and low level flight rules over populated areas, and performing any training drills in populated areas.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Being AD currently, I would not accept an order that went against the constitution or my own morality. I can say 90% of the people I work with feel the same way. The other 10%, I dont know well enough. I was a part of the first C-SMRF mission. It was the first time American Soldiers had been "deployed" on American soil, or so they said. We didnt "deploy" anywhere. We did one training mission at an abandoned airfield in FL. We did convoy our wheeled vehicles from GA to FL, but that was to save time/money. We did receive non lethal training and crowd control certification, but the mission was in the wake of Katrina and is supposed to support a CBRN attack, the type of which includes natural disasters.

Maybe some people do need to see the military in their cities. Perhaps you wouldnt have had people shooting at the troops from rooftops after Katrina. I would not enter a place to help people and not return fire if fired upon. All it takes is one nut job and a video camera and some editing to turn a self defense situation into troops slaughtering civilians.

That is what I am scared of. Go to help and someone saw a video that went viral and now everyone thinks its us VS them. The American population doesnt know its military so it would be afraid. Why? Why shouldnt the population become a bit more comfortable with what we do? Yes answers and warnings need to be given, but Americans need to start seeing troops so if we do come to help they remember that time when they met PVT Snuffy and that guy was OK.

Sure you could flip that around, but you can put a spin on anything.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    As for tin foil, it makes for better liners for baking and grilln' for easier clean-up than govt. mind control prevention.
    That's true. Tin isn't that good of a conductor for electronic waves. For true protection, you need gold foil, but us common folk can't affort that, only the elitists can.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    Being AD currently, I would not accept an order that went against the constitution or my own morality. I can say 90% of the people I work with feel the same way. The other 10%, I dont know well enough. I was a part of the first C-SMRF mission. It was the first time American Soldiers had been "deployed" on American soil, or so they said. We didnt "deploy" anywhere. We did one training mission at an abandoned airfield in FL. We did convoy our wheeled vehicles from GA to FL, but that was to save time/money. We did receive non lethal training and crowd control certification, but the mission was in the wake of Katrina and is supposed to support a CBRN attack, the type of which includes natural disasters.

Maybe some people do need to see the military in their cities. Perhaps you wouldnt have had people shooting at the troops from rooftops after Katrina. I would not enter a place to help people and not return fire if fired upon. All it takes is one nut job and a video camera and some editing to turn a self defense situation into troops slaughtering civilians.

That is what I am scared of. Go to help and someone saw a video that went viral and now everyone thinks its us VS them. The American population doesnt know its military so it would be afraid. Why? Why shouldnt the population become a bit more comfortable with what we do? Yes answers and warnings need to be given, but Americans need to start seeing troops so if we do come to help they remember that time when they met PVT Snuffy and that guy was OK.

Sure you could flip that around, but you can put a spin on anything.
    I agree with most of what you said but the part about needing to see the troops more to make folks comftorable. Honestly, there is a very small tinfoil crows out there like the Alex Jones's that use these events to "prove" their conspiracy theories that the government is planning martial law or whatever. 90 percent (I made up the percentage) do not beleive that the government will us troops against US citizens nor have martial law, nor go around and consficate guns (as part of a wider conspiracy), nor intern trouble makers in "FEMA detention facilities".

The citizens in Houston were not scared about troops taking over the city, they were concerned that there was an attack or something else going on.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    agree with Suntzu
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The citizens in Houston were not scared about troops taking over the city, they were concerned that there was an attack or something else going on.
    first off I have to say they should have advertised this to let people know what was being conducted to avoid the shock/reactions that they should have known would take place

I don't know this for sure, so this is just my opinion just like everyone else is expressing.
    My opinion is based on my training classes that I've taken covering this stuff.

My first reaction to this thread and news story is 2 words:

1. Beslan
    2. Mumbai

Beslan, Russia 2004
    Terrorist attack at an elementary school. First day of school, parents taking part in tradition of bringing gifts and flowers to teachers. Attackers forced men and older boys to be labor and fortify entrances then killed them. Women and girls raped. Group took over school for 3 days, over 300 young kids, parents, school staff killed. Sniper in elevated position picked off young kids when they escaped and went to a water fountain in the school yard since they had not been allowed to drink for 2 days. Terrorist groups (including al-Qaeda) have said this was a practice run for schools in America.

Mumbai, India 2008
    Terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba (who has expressed they wanted to get more notoriety than al-Qaeda through their acts of terror) sent 10 killers via hijacked boat into this port city. They killed the boat's crew, except the captain, forced him to navigate until they were ready to take over and beheaded him. They then split up into 2-man teams and proceeded to attack various highly populated targets across the city. This group and others have hinted that this type of attack is being planned for port cities here in the U.S.
    And we all know how well our borders and ports are secured.

just food for thought
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links