DHS Confiscates Gun Collection

This is a discussion on DHS Confiscates Gun Collection within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If they want you they will get you it does not madder if you did anything wrong or not. We have a whole new justice ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: DHS Confiscates Gun Collection

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,245
    If they want you they will get you it does not madder if you did anything wrong or not.
    We have a whole new justice system now.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Member Array GeorgiaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East of Atlanta
    Posts
    414
    Nothing that guy can do would likely equal and Attorney General with the approval of POTUS delivering USA arms to drug cartel that are used to murder innocent people and US law enforcement personnel. Before they go after any gun dealer or collector with possible shady dealings they need to look in the mirror.

    And honestly if they ever pass heavy gun bans like other countries, the USA will be chocked full of criminals that were previously law abiding cits, collectors, dealers. And foreign countries will supply all the illegal arms and ammo we can buy in the black market and crime will sky rocket.

    Chorizo, when they come to your neighborhood with armored vehicles, sniper detecting aircraft and drones overhead and body armor, then please explain how they are cops.

  4. #33
    Senior Member Array KBSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I understand this guy looks fishy and those in the LEO know of the case might well be correct. HOWEVER, You had better be darned sure when you confiscate private property that 1) You are ready to charge said person with a crime punishable under the current laws of the USA, and 2) be ready to defend that in court.

    So far, it seems these knuckleheads have neither and this is where our legal system is screwed up. These officers, right or wrong intentions, HAVE VIOLATED SOMEONES RIGHTS. Charge the man, back it up in court, or give him his property back.
    You are wrong Sir, and calling the LEO's knuckleheads doesn't make your case any stronger. Read up on your law, or view my post #25 on this thread for help. You have a fraction of the information available on this case, from a dubious source, and you're accusing these LEO's of violating "SOMEONES RIGHTS". From the little bit of information available, a reasonable person couldn't draw this conclusion IMHO.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array USM1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    You are wrong Sir, and calling the LEO's knuckleheads doesn't make your case any stronger. Read up on your law, or view my post #25 on this thread for help. You have a fraction of the information available on this case, from a dubious source, and you're accusing these LEO's of violating "SOMEONES RIGHTS". From the little bit of information available, a reasonable person couldn't draw this conclusion IMHO.
    There's a lot of that LEO bashing going around...isn't it great to criticize something one knows little of except for television and what some reporter allows you to know ??
    KBSR likes this.

  6. #35
    Member Array foxytwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    488
    This sounds 1000 times more important than securing our borders and a lot of other minor and unimportant things.

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    You are wrong Sir, and calling the LEO's knuckleheads doesn't make your case any stronger. Read up on your law, or view my post #25 on this thread for help. You have a fraction of the information available on this case, from a dubious source, and you're accusing these LEO's of violating "SOMEONES RIGHTS". From the little bit of information available, a reasonable person couldn't draw this conclusion IMHO.
    There are plenty of laws on the books, and plenty of courts past to uphold them. That doesn't make them any more right. And as to not charging someone so they can avoid "running down the clock" is just despicable in more ways than I can even begin to list here.
    Here's an example for you. The government for whatever reason decides to raid your home and confiscate your home under the argument that you were running a prostitution ring(lets say you had lots of women coming and going from your home at all hours). You are not charged with a crime yet because heaven forbid, the prosecutor or the police executing such actions didn't have their ducks in a row yet and weren't ready for court. You cannot live in your home. Your property has been taken. Is that our fine justice system at work?

    There is NO DIFFERENCE between the guns being taken and my scenario.

    As for the other cop bashing comment, I usually am the last to "cop-bash". I actually write my local LEO's Sheriff or send in op-eds for the local paper THANKING local officers for their hard efforts as opposed to the typical whine and moan attitude most take. Hell I even sent a letter thanking them for giving me a ticket once!
    Original article referenced.
    Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

    I'll give them one credit that they got a search warrant first. That doesn't negate that they have taken someone's property WITHOUT EVEN CHARGE OF CRIME. I don't give a rats behind if 20 courts before said it's ok. IT'S NOT! Charge the man and give him his day in court.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  8. #37
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    There is NO DIFFERENCE between the guns being taken and my scenario.
    Actually there are significant differences.
    The house in your scenario is not portable is it? The weapons are. Is the house in and of itself evidence of the alleged crime? The weapons are.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  9. #38
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Actually there are significant differences.
    The house in your scenario is not portable is it? The weapons are. Is the house in and of itself evidence of the alleged crime? The weapons are.
    I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I want to see what develops here, and I am in NO WAY defending the practice of taking people's guns unless they are a criminal

    however, another angle to look at the property vs guns things from above, I have another analogy: since a warrant was obtained that means some sort of investigation is ongoing and a judge saw enough probable cause in the documents and/or testimony presented to him/her and signed the warrant for the search
    the same thing happens with drugs, we go in and seize the dope, the same practice can be applied and wait to file the charges on the people
    should it be this way? IMO no, does it happen a lot? no
    this will be a good one to keep track of, I know I'll be watching for updates
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  10. #39
    Senior Member Array KBSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    There are plenty of laws on the books, and plenty of courts past to uphold them. That doesn't make them any more right. And as to not charging someone so they can avoid "running down the clock" is just despicable in more ways than I can even begin to list here.
    Here's an example for you. The government for whatever reason decides to raid your home and confiscate your home under the argument that you were running a prostitution ring(lets say you had lots of women coming and going from your home at all hours). You are not charged with a crime yet because heaven forbid, the prosecutor or the police executing such actions didn't have their ducks in a row yet and weren't ready for court. You cannot live in your home. Your property has been taken. Is that our fine justice system at work?

    There is NO DIFFERENCE between the guns being taken and my scenario.

    As for the other cop bashing comment, I usually am the last to "cop-bash". I actually write my local LEO's Sheriff or send in op-eds for the local paper THANKING local officers for their hard efforts as opposed to the typical whine and moan attitude most take. Hell I even sent a letter thanking them for giving me a ticket once!
    Original article referenced.
    Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

    I'll give them one credit that they got a search warrant first. That doesn't negate that they have taken someone's property WITHOUT EVEN CHARGE OF CRIME. I don't give a rats behind if 20 courts before said it's ok. IT'S NOT! Charge the man and give him his day in court.
    With all due respect Sir, you are still wrong. Your analogy is apples, and we were talking about oranges (guns/houses). Whether you agree with the way the courts work or not, is really beside the point. Ask anyone in law enforcement, or any attorney who practices criminal law, and you'll get the same answers. He'll get his day in court, after being indicted by a grand jury, when the prosecutor (I'm assuming a United States Attorney) is ready to do it. It is the way it is.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

  11. #40
    Senior Member Array Tzadik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, Virginia
    Posts
    608
    How the heck are you supposed to use things as evidence if you don't seize it?

    I'm not getting the outrage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

atf confiscate gun collection
,
dhs colorado gun confiscation
,

dhs confiscates

,

dhs confiscation

,
dhs firearms collection centers
,
dhs is confiscating guns
,
homeland security confiscates gun collection
,
homeland security confiscates imported
,
homeland security gun confiscate
,
homeland security to confiscate guns
,
is the dept. of homeland security collecting guns in fresno ca.
,
why is it illegal to have a gun collection? why did they charge this man
Click on a term to search for related topics.