DHS Confiscates Gun Collection

This is a discussion on DHS Confiscates Gun Collection within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He Hasn't Been Charged With Any Crime! Quote [KRQE in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reports that the Department of Homeland Security the federal agency initially ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: DHS Confiscates Gun Collection

He Hasn't Been Charged With Any Crime!
    [KRQE in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reports that the Department of Homeland Security the federal agency initially established to protect the United States from terrorists and respond to natural disasters has used its ICE division to bust a gun collector. Federal Homeland Security Investigation agents raided ...]

Link
    Department of Homeland Security Targets Gun Collector | Tea Party

Wow, no charges and still confiscated! Sounds like Obama is getting started to me....
    USM1976 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    He Hasn't Been Charged With Any Crime!
    Yet, but it certainly appears that he's under investigation for a couple.
    Hopyard and kb2wji like this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I think that the main thing that bothers me about this is that it seems to be a case of "guilty until proven innocent."
    atctimmy, 3wggl, mano3 and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Just remember, like anything else, there are at least 2 sides to every story. We are only getting 1 side and it isn't from an unbiased source.

I'll wait for the rest of the story before I make a decision.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ditto. There's something else behind this story.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It's not likely the rest of the story will ever be told by a truthfully media.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Should read "no charges as of yet"
    If I had to take random guess perhaps he is behaving like a gun dealer in action but not doing it right. I'll bet a judge will be taking a look at if his actions are that of a dealer or of a collector.

VIP Member
    ATF Online - Firearms - Guides - Importation & Verification of Firearms, Ammunition and Implements of War - Firearms Verification Overview

It sounds to me like he was buying guns without serial numbers or possibly buying guns from south of the border without the approved marking of serial numbers. If so, that would have precipitated the actions of DHS Customs branch.

Those laws were in place LONG before the current gun grabbers were in place.
    Hopyard likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCO View Post
    Should read "no charges as of yet"
    If I had to take random guess perhaps he is behaving like a gun dealer in action but not doing it right. I'll bet a judge will be taking a look at if his actions are that of a dealer or of a collector.
    That is my thought also. Or maybe his volume of transactions made the government think he was a dealer, I was stationed with an individual at Altus that was constantly buying and trading cars until he received a letter from DMV informing him that he needed a dealer’s license.
    OldVet likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Just remember, like anything else, there are at least 2 sides to every story. We are only getting 1 side and it isn't from an unbiased source.

I'll wait for the rest of the story before I make a decision.
    Exactly, There's more holes in that story than you can count and it's obviously bent on making the "collector" look like an oppressed innocent. In reality if they've confiscated over 1,400 firearms from one person, there's a high possibility that his status as a "collector" might just extend into something less legal.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

After seeing a report on his involvement in a whistleblower operation, it will be nice to see all of the info come out.
    I can see that there is a wealth of info begging to come out, and I do not even begiin to think we willl be getting all of the
    true facts coming out of Washington DC.
    Wait and see! $.02 worth.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    ATF Online - Firearms - Guides - Importation & Verification of Firearms, Ammunition and Implements of War - Firearms Verification Overview

It sounds to me like he was buying guns without serial numbers or possibly buying guns from south of the border without the approved marking of serial numbers. If so, that would have precipitated the actions of DHS Customs branch.

Those laws were in place LONG before the current gun grabbers were in place.
    Not all guns have S/Ns yet they are legal. I can see a collector having many guns with no S/Ns.
    oneshot and ep1953 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not all guns have S/Ns yet they are legal. I can see a collector having many guns with no S/Ns.
    I have antique arms that were produced by the manufacturer without SNs. I also have one Italian firearm and one French that both have the exact SAME SN. If registration became a requirement, how would the govt account for those?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I ain't alking about antiques folks, I am talking about guns that have come in and do NOT follow ATF guidelines. I am also not talking about one or two antique guns.

Get a grip, folks. If DHS Customs is involved, it isn't about Obama starting a gun grab. Read here if you think it is: The TRUTH About Black Helicopters!

By the by, DHS does NOT have troops. They have agents....that is Law Enforcement Officers. Posse Comitatus greatly limits Federal Military Troops from being used for Law Enforcement purposes against citizens.

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links