SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones - Page 3

SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

This is a discussion on SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm I did look in the mirror, and I look damn good for my age. I was just thinking the same thing ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I did look in the mirror, and I look damn good for my age.
    I was just thinking the same thing about mahself.

No self-esteem problems here.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Once you throw on the turban and grow an out of control beard,youre guilty by association unfortunately.... for some

I did look in the mirror, and I look damn good for my age.
    That would be a matter of opinion LOL....unless you are the elephant in the avatar

BTW: have you caught up on your sleep? Not saying you have been cranky or anything LOL j/k
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    It's called Theatre of operations, which has been established. They host, we toast.
    Please to post when and where that was approved. If so why did Pakistan post a grievance, for the lack of a better word, over the Osama Ben laden attack?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    I just read this article. I would hope that those in charge would at least do their "due diligence" before the decision to pull the trigger is made. That being said, how many times have the cops blown innocent people away because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or the cops had the wrong address. The government already has the right to shoot first and ask questions later...Ready, Fire, Aim!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Please to post when and where that was approved. If so why did Pakistan post a grievance, for the lack of a better word, over the Osama Ben laden attack?
    Does this country ask permission of any country to go after and kill someone responsible for the deaths of 4000 Americans on their own soil doing nothing but going about their daily lives.

And I never got into the politics. And I don't care. You harm American citizens in this country as an act of terror, and I'd be glad to send them to Hell regardless of what hole they crawl in, no matter the country.

If it were up to me, Iraq, Ahfganistan and Pakistan would either be smoldering heaps or the 51st, 52, and 53rd states.

The problem with the bleeding hearts of this country is they lack the will or intestinal fortitude to do what needs doing. And we are weakening as a nation because of it.
    wmhawth, WHEC724 and multistage like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I just read this article. I would hope that those in charge would at least do their "due diligence" before the decision to pull the trigger is made. That being said, how many times have the cops blown innocent people away because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or the cops had the wrong address. The government already has the right to shoot first and ask questions later...Ready, Fire, Aim!
    That's just about as stupid as I have ever heard.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

JD
    Administrator

Re: SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

That's just about as stupid as I have ever heard.
    But not 100% inaccurate either.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    What if other countries were to use drones to take out their exiled past dictators now living in America who they view as a threat to their country. Any attack on a foreign nation, without given permission, is an act of war and retaliation would be justified. Question; how many countries would give their permission to kill one rogue American by drone attack and put the safety/lives of their citizens at risk?....
    We have unfortunately encountered a parallel. Iran it has been claimed used agents here to assassinate its former
    citizens. War (open or in secret) is nasty stuff.

re: Part in bold. I think both Yemen and Pakistan have at least privately given the permission. Outwardly the Pakistan
    government moans and groans, but if they really objected they would be much more vigorous about it.

Yemen to my surprise seems to act more like an ally than an enemy.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    It wasn't was a silly assumption. It was a straightforward inference derived from your obvious willingness to forego due process.
    And what "due process" do the terrorists comply with?
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And what "due process" do the terrorists comply with?
    The point of all this is that the President can make this call on judgement, without consent or a court order depending on his interpretation of the meaning of "immediate harm" and "threat", and without tangible proof. Last I knew, it's every American citizen's Constitutional right to be afforded due process, even when we dislike them, their beliefs or their actions. Sticking to this standard may mean that some bad people walk free, but that in my mind is a lesser evil than taking a life by fiat.
    Hopyard and packinnova like this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    What's the difference in offing an American coming into your house to kill you, or one that just wants to kill your entire city?
    None, I suppose, provided you are the one piloting the drone.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Every 2nd Amendment supporter is just one executive order and a bit of media spin away from being deemed a domestic terrorist, to be dealt with in the harshest of terms.
    bombthrower77 and OD* like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

The thing that strikes me as odd is that for a lot of folks that do not trust our current POTUS they fully support and trust his decision making ability to order the killing of a US citizen....which BTW makes him look very good politically.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Does this country ask permission of any country to go after and kill someone responsible for the deaths of 4000 Americans on their own soil doing nothing but going about their daily lives.

And I never got into the politics. And I don't care. You harm American citizens in this country as an act of terror, and I'd be glad to send them to Hell regardless of what hole they crawl in, no matter the country.

If it were up to me, Iraq, Ahfganistan and Pakistan would either be smoldering heaps or the 51st, 52, and 53rd states.

The problem with the bleeding hearts of this country is they lack the will or intestinal fortitude to do what needs doing. And we are weakening as a nation because of it.
    And the problem with being a bully is that lots of people wind up hating the bully's guts for being one.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    William T. Sherman

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links