SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

This is a discussion on SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bombthrower77 This is a slippery slope. Using today's interpretation the founders were terrorists. That is the narrative they are pushing...If you stand ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    This is a slippery slope. Using today's interpretation the founders were terrorists.
    That is the narrative they are pushing...If you stand in opposition to those in power, if your beliefs differ from those in power, if you want to be free, if you think you have Rights, if you support a political party that opposes those who are currently in power, if you belong to an organization that is not approved by those in power, then you are labeled (not proven to be) a domestic terrorist and you will be immediately EXECUTED.
    gunfan and bombthrower77 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress - Washington Times

There are 30,000 drones planned for the skies over the continental U.S. by 2020 - for surveillance purposes.
    I wonder when they will decide that it will be OK to arm just a few of them?
    Just in case...you know....possibly a Tea Party Rally filled with people who are now considered to be potential terrorists gets out of hand.
    This is what concerns me.

Scott

i have no problem with the offing of US citizen terrorists residing overseas. Terrorists like Anwar Awlaki will find that hell is very hot and eternity is long. We should assist those terrorists in getting to hell ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by EdJean View Post
    I agree with bombthrower77. Define terrorist. Chuck Schumer recently said that the NRA is a “fringe group ... they are a very extreme group."
    Oh Really Chucky?? I think you got a shifty look bub...perhaps a Drone should be dropped on you huh??
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Well they said they could target them any where even right here.
    The director of DHS said it loud and Clear without any question.
    " veterans are the biggest threat to America" .
    Would you not target you biggest threats first?

Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    This is what concerns me.

Scott
    yeah well...they might think this isn't so great an idea when they use it in a place like the US where there's plenty of us with the know-how and the gear to spoof the GPS among other things and take control of their drone and redirect it!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    yeah well...they might think this isn't so great an idea when they use it in a place like the US where there's plenty of us with the know-how and the gear to spoof the GPS among other things and take control of their drone and redirect it!
    Sir, I would bet my life savings that you or any other civilian has the ability or equipment to, as you say, spoof a drones guidance system. Based on your statement if you do I surely would not boast about it on the forum. Keck, big brother may be watching.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Who is buying the ammo? I am trying to connect the miliraty generals and limus test with ammo. If you are talking about DHS ordering the ammo I fail to see the correlation with that and DOD. I would think that even in a tinfoil world that IF the military were to fire on US citizens thay they would bring their own ammo.
    Let's see what we have if we look at just a small piece of the big picture. Litmus test for our senior military officers, International Arms Treaty, National Defense Authorization Act, Homeland Security's purchase of thousands of personal defense Assault rifles, billions of rounds of JHP ammo, TSA expanded security role, Drones watching over us, drone attack on a US citizen without due process, drone attacks on a allied country without prior approval of the country or our congress, and the reduction of our military readiness. The one that bothers me the most is the present administrations continuing willful violations of our rights under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Especially the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments and in the very near future the 22nd amendment.

I would suggest that you check the events starting in October 1933 that led to Hitlers rise to power. We have an administration that is taking America down the same path and without a shot being fired.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Sir, I would bet my life savings that you or any other civilian has the ability or equipment to, as you say, spoof a drones guidance system. Based on your statement if you do I surely would not boast about it on the forum. Keck, big brother may be watching.
    There's no worry of "boasting" on an open forum. This has been common knowledge for a few years.

One of the main methods of nagivation for various drones including the Predators is GPS. GPS can be and has BEEN REPEATEDLY PROVEN to be spoofed for the purpose of redirecting drones. Matter of fact the DHS actually challenged TX university researchers about a year ago over the researchers claims they could do it... Not only could they do it, but they proved it with COTS gear on the cheap. It's also assumed that at least one of the drones dropped in Iran was done so by intercepting and jamming the GPS. Although researchers at Cornell are currently working on a fake signal detector.

They also run their video feeds UNENCRYPTED which means if you know the frequencies and you have a receiver capable of receiving said frequency and within range to pick it up, you can view the video feeds real time as well. Supposedly there's a plan in the works to get the drones overseas upgraded for encryption by the end of 2014, but at the rate the Gov works...

Take a look at any of the local hacker and maker spaces in your area. Odds are there are at least 10% of the people there can pull it off. Many of us play with building our own RC drones and build our own gear. Nothing new.

Far too many in this country have this misconception... "The government built it or someone built it for the government therefore it must not be easily compromised". Bull pucks! If a man built it, another man can build it, or even break it as well.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links