SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

This is a discussion on SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like I should REALLY adjust my tin foil hat... Drone strikes against Americans living abroad, if said Americans are just 'believed' to be helping ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: SO now Americans living abroad can be taken out with drones

Looks like I should REALLY adjust my tin foil hat...

Drone strikes against Americans living abroad, if said Americans are just 'believed' to be helping terrorists. Wonder how long it's gonna take that policy to be put in place HERE?

EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans - Open Channel
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

" Ride with an outlaw, die with an outlaw".
    wmhawth, Hopyard, SCXDm9 and 6 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

You mean like this fine young *American* who, was no doubt really a good boy who just fell in with the wrong crowd? Pity.
    Attached Images
    Hopyard, JDE101 and tacman605 like this.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    You mean like this fine young *American* who, was no doubt really a good boy who just fell in with the wrong crowd? Pity.
    Based on this comment, I suppose you are ok with all the 2A infringements our representatives want to put in place.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

What's the difference in offing an American coming into your house to kill you, or one that just wants to kill your entire city?
    tacman605 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Terrorists are terrorists; there's no nationality involved.
    wmhawth, dV8r, JDE101 and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What's the difference in offing an American coming into your house to kill you, or one that just wants to kill your entire city?
    One is being done by a private citizen and the other is a government policy which does bypass due process. As a LE professional I would think you would know the difference LOL.

Is it OK for LE to take out suspected crimminals without them in the act of putting someone in imminent danger? That is what the government policy is doing.

I am just stating the difference...not my opinion on the policy.
    bombthrower77, mkh and RoadKill like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Based on this comment, I suppose you are ok with all the 2A infringements our representatives want to put in place.
    That's just a silly assumption.

I don't agree with allowing people who align themselves with terrorist organizations who make war on the US to hide behind that very US citizenship when accounts come due. Want to be a terrorist expect all the consequences any terrorist can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This is a slippery slope. Using today's interpretation the founders were terrorists.
    OD*, EdJean, 8th ID and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    I don't like this particular practice or law, but as I often say, we live in a practical world. And as a practical matter
    these "extrajudicial" acts are necessary for our protection from terrorists.

Congress of course has to keep a close eye on who and why and the guidelines, and must never allow such
    to happen within any of our States or territories.

The sad thing is we can all predict that the day will eventually come when some mix up of identities, some
    false or erroneous intelligence, will lead to an extrajudicial execution of someone who doesn't need it. (But then again
    that happens even after we give full trials and appeal rights; Murphy hangs around everything- even the Superbowl.)
    tacman605 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That's just a silly assumption.

I don't agree with allowing people who align themselves with terrorist organizations who make war on the US to hide behind that very US citizenship when accounts come due. Want to be a terrorist expect all the consequences any terrorist can expect.
    It wasn't was a silly assumption. It was a straightforward inference derived from your obvious willingness to forego due process.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't like this particular practice or law, but as I often say, we live in a practical world. And as a practical matter
    these "extrajudicial" acts are necessary for our protection from terrorists.

Congress of course has to keep a close eye on who and why and the guidelines, and must never allow such
    to happen within any of our States or territories.

The sad thing is we can all predict that the day will eventually come when some mix up of identities, some
    false or erroneous intelligence, will lead to an extrajudicial execution of someone who doesn't need it. (But then again
    that happens even after we give full trials and appeal rights; Murphy hangs around everything- even the Superbowl.)
    I would argue that the possibility of increased terrorism is a fair tradeoff for maintaining a strictly limited government. If you read the opinion, it's clear that this justification can be used against anyone, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    This is a slippery slope. Using today's interpretation the founders were terrorists.
    I agree with bombthrower77. Define terrorist. Chuck Schumer recently said that the NRA is a “fringe group ... they are a very extreme group."

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

I couldn't agree more! Link yourself to Al Qaeda and you better keep one eye on the sky!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links