Duty belt questions.

Duty belt questions.

This is a discussion on Duty belt questions. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First of all I want to disclose that I am not a LEO. I recently attented a Citizens Police Academy and have joined the Citizens ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Knightrider
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn
  • 2 Post By sigmanluke

Thread: Duty belt questions.

Duty belt questions.

First of all I want to disclose that I am not a LEO.

I recently attented a Citizens Police Academy and have joined the Citizens Police Auxiliary (A group of volunteers who assist our PD with traffic control, crime scene control, etc.).

They issue us a duty belt with liner belt. Duty belt carries OC spray, handcuffs, flashlight, and gloves. Sadly, no pistol , The belts are Bianchi Patroltek with the liner belt having an outer covering of one half of the velcro combo. The duty belt has the other half, what am I saying, ya'll know how this works.

What I am looking for is a liner belt that has some kind of a buckle instead of velcro closure. I know it may sound bulky but I am not comfortable with my pants being held up with velcro and I'm used to a good, sturdy, snug, buckled Crossbreed belt holding up my pants and EDC daily. The liner belt I have is just a pain to get on snug and even then it doesn't like where I put it and it moves to where it is comfortable. My pants haven't dropped yet but I've only worn the set up twice. I've looked around and haven't found what I'm looking for just wondered if someone may know of what I'm looking for.

Thanks for doing what you do and stay safe out there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I use a SpecOps "better BDU belt". The velcro inner's were too thick for my liking. I also use 5 belt keepers to keep it in place. Make sure you have the outer duty belt adjusted so its very snug. It wont go anywhere.

The SpecOps belt is cheap and well made. I've had mine about 5ish years now. I wear it on duty as an inner belt, and off duty as my gun belt. It has a very high resistance to "rolling" over itself, thus making it a great gun belt. It's also very light and has a plastic buckle so you dont have to remove it going through airport security (for whatever thats worth LOL)

Even though the outer belt has velcro lining, dont feel that its necessary. As long as you have your belts adjusted properly, it wont go anywhere. If you are looking for a velcro inner with a buckle, not sure if i've ever seen one. Good luck either way

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    My inner belt is held on by velcro. I was a little unsure about having the velcro hold on to my pants but after almost a whole year of wearing this set up, they have yet to fail on me. My outer belt (attached to my inner belt by belt keepers) holds two handcuffs, gun, flashlight, taser, 2 extra mags, and radio. Your set up is much lighter than mine and I doubt it would be used has hard as mine. You should be ok with the velcro IMO
    sigmanluke and 64zebra like this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

J_B

Duty belt questions.

Have run Velcro inner belts since I can remember.

Always have 6 belt keepers.

A few guys on my shift run rigger's belts. It is just too bulky for me. The buckle that is.

VIP Member
    I was worried about the weight of my duty belt and unsure about the hold of the inner velcro belt at first. I've been wearing it the way it's designed for several years now and have had no issues at all. I carry a heavy belt (heavier than most) with keys, pistol, Asp, 2 cuffs, flashlight, radio, Taser and 2 extra mags. Although I wear a much thicker belt off duty, the thin, velcro, inner belt is not designed to carry the weight, only to help hold the outer belt in place, along with the keepers. I personally keep my outer belt VERY tight so that it stays where I want it.

Give it a chance to get used to it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

sigmanluke +1,

I'm an Auxiliary as well, and I guess I cheat! I use a gun belt by The Beltman. I just hang all the gear on my regular belt - I hate having a duty belt on top of my regular belt.
    joker1 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    10thmtn:

That's the nice thing about the thin velcro inner belts, once the outer (duty) belt is on, you don't even know the inner belt is on. That's why they make them thin.
    Knightrider and 64zebra like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    10thmtn:

That's the nice thing about the thin velcro inner belts, once the outer (duty) belt is on, you don't even know the inner belt is on. That's why they make them thin.
    We got issued the old style duty belts - kept on the regular belt with keepers. I hate the darn thing. Much prefer to use my standard gun belt.

Maybe some day our department will catch up with the times.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    10thmtn:

This.

I can't even feel my inner belt until I take off my duty belt.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Rigger's Belt | Tactical & Military Belts | SPEC.-OPS Tactical Gear

i was issued one like this, its got velcro on one end to make it exactly the length you want, so when i have a full CRL on it dosnt move an inch or stretch and can be removed about 3 seconds with practice. and its wide enough so hall the hang ons look neat and orderly

i have a bianchi accumold with a velcro inner belt and i too was a little worried that it wouldnt hold up. i have a gun, oc spray, asp cuff, baton, flashlight, taser, 2 mags, and a radio on mine. i personally keep my outer belt tight and snug so it doesnt move. i think you should be fine with the velcro inner belt, you will be surprised with how well it works for you!

VIP Member
    my inner is velcro, outter is held in place by keepers and I have no issue with it even with all the gear (pistol, 2 cuffs, radio, OC, baton, taser, 3 spare mags, spare taser cartridge)

and we really appreciate our group here that comes out to direct traffic and help with security at major wrecks and crime scenes, it frees us up to handle calls and they also help as trained weather spotters during tornado season
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links