Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

This is a discussion on Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While I have not read the mission statements for the LA area police departments I would assume it says something along the lines of protecting ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

While I have not read the mission statements for the LA area police departments I would assume it says something along the lines of protecting the citizens. They appear to have become more of a danger to the citizens than Dorner. The cops just have to worry about Dorner. The citizens have to worry about Dorner and the cops. I would much prefer to just protect myself from Dorner than all the LA area cops. It is matter of time before someone ends up in shootout with the cops just procting themselves. Of course the offical report will not read like that. I can see the head lines now "man fires on police, killed".
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

The cops just have to worry about Dorner. The citizens have to worry about Dorner and the cops.
    Now that there is funny
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Out of control................lack of training.............and just plain S _ _ _ _ scared.......hello Lawyers......good bye x-LEO's.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    cowardice...fear...panic...Those guys are really scared.

I would like to hear from LEO's out there. Can you fathom from what we have in the news how on earth these two shootings happened? I am not dogging LE but I have seen better target selection and self control in Iraq and Afghanistan where collateral damage is more acceptable than shooting up the streets of CA.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

How do you open fire on two vehicles without first identifying whose in there..............Unbelievable Gross Neglegence.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They had "Seconds" to make a decision...really,were they being fired on?,was the truck trying to run them over?,They know they screwed up,but now the Chief is making excuses for the incompetence of his Officers.
    If the try to minimize something like this that is all over the National News it makes you wonder how many "Bad Shoots" they sweep under the rug
    Duk

While I have been involved in and had associates involved in split second decisions, neither of these arise to that status. The first event were the "Personal Protection" Detail fired 15, as I counted, shots into the rear of the ladies truck I serious doubt that they were about to be run down. Nor was any weapon, other than a folded news paper, found in the vehicle.

This second event, that I heard when leaving the PD I'm consulting for on Thursday doesn't even come close! To have officers ram a truck with their cruzer, then open fire on the vehicle they just rammed go to the point the attorney was making, the officers were intent on killing the driver of the vehicle, no questions about it.

Don't get me wrong there are times when we all make a mistake, but neither of these are a mistake, there pure NEGLIGENT acts.

Now when they do find the REAL Mr. Dorner, I fear the officers will hesitate due to their fellow officers playing Cowboys. I just hope it not anyone I know!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

He probably also had a surf board hanging out the end of his truck. Hard to miss that.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And now the LAPD Chief has reopened an investigation into Dorner's firing. Could it be he wonders if they brought this upon themselves by doing the wrong thing to the wrong person?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

They did not bring it on themselves by firing Dorner, even if they wrongfully fired him. He is a whack job that deserves to be put down.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

No disputing that.............but, the LA LE is obviously out of control opening up on innocents with no provocation.....NG.

Next question.........how did they fire that many rounds and not hit their intended targets ?

didnt he set his truck on fire a few days ago or did I miss something

Quote Originally Posted by pocar View Post
    didnt he set his truck on fire a few days ago or did I miss something
    Yes he did.

Best quote, "the police chief offered a rental car"
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    They did not bring it on themselves by firing Dorner, even if they wrongfully fired him. He is a whack job that deserves to be put down.
    My intent wasn't to justify Dorner, but to make a point that they may have wronged a person who reacted dangerously to being wronged.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadsmiles View Post

Best quote, "the police chief offered a rental car"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links