Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

This is a discussion on Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by chuckusaret This statement is very bothersome to me, and I quote; ""In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    This statement is very bothersome to me, and I quote; ""In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle." In other words wounding or killing of an innocent person is appropriate action and can be expected in cases such as this.
    Pretty silly, agreed. It's not as though the driver's actions (driving his car) constituted a threat of any kind. Thus it's impossible to believe that attempting to kill the man was the only "split-second" option available. It's hard to see how firing upon a non-threat was considered an option at all.

It's tantamount to one of us firing upon someone "daring" to walk towards us on a sidewalk in our neighborhood.

Assuming what's been reported in the news and stated by the department is true, this is gross incompetence in the extreme, IMO. Time to be extremely heavy handed in going after those responsible for such actions, including the leadership/trainers that failed in their duty to instill any sense of judicious citizenship on these people. They hired to protect us, not to kill us in cold blood.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

The best protection the citizens of the LA area have right now is the apparent dismal marksmanship of the people sworn to "Serve and Protect" them. Kind of makes you wonder just how much that sworn oath really means to them. Granted, they need to get Dorner, but the newspaper ladies and baggage handlers should be relatively safe from them. The law of averages favors it not being much longer before someone is killed by reckless shooting?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    This probably has nothing to do with it, but I can't help wondering if the California Cops will start enforcing the law against tinted side windows.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

From the article....
    But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

Cop #1 -- Hey its the wrong color.

Cop #2 -- He must have painted it.

Cop #1 -- But the guy in the pickup is white.

Cop #2 -- He must have on some sort of makeup. Open fire!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes sense to me...
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links