Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

This is a discussion on Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As I stated in my previous thread, here is the rest of the story: Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

As I stated in my previous thread, here is the rest of the story:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Looking at the guy sitting in the chair, I guess I could confuse him for a 6'-1", 270lb, Black Male! NOT!

Again we have a group of shoot first and we'll check after we kill him!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For sure the two women will never have to deliver a newspaper again, and I suspect this guy will also achieve an early retirement, all compliments of the City of Los Angeles. Glad to see he was not shot, and I hope he's otherwise not harmed.
    Last edited by OldVet; February 10th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Shoot first ask questions later, Good iob LAPD. Im glad to see there was nothing to those corruption allegations.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRTEAGLE357 View Post
    Shoot first ask questions later, Good iob LAPD. Im glad to see there was nothing to those corruption allegations.
    Please note this was the Torrance* Police not LAPD, but it is still a cause for concern!

*Torrance is an incorporated City south of Los Angeles.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

They had "Seconds" to make a decision...really,were they being fired on?,was the truck trying to run them over?,They know they screwed up,but now the Chief is making excuses for the incompetence of his Officers.
    If the try to minimize something like this that is all over the National News it makes you wonder how many "Bad Shoots" they sweep under the rug
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Perhaps it is time to take away those dangerous weapons from the police, they don’t seem to be able to handle the responsibility of them.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

It isn’t shoot first and ask questions later, its shoot then cover it up.

Standard operating procedure.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    This statement is very bothersome to me, and I quote; ""In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle." In other words wounding or killing of an innocent person is appropriate action and can be expected in cases such as this. Actions such as these are why many people fear our own police officers. This country has tried and convicted our military personnel for combat offenses far less then the actions of these LEO's. Will the officers pay for their unwarranted actions?, No, the taxpayers will.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Although the police haven't been trained to "hunt one of their own", you would think they've been trained to identify gender and race. Apparently not.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Attention to detail. It is everything on the street.
    OnePlink likes this.

They obviously need mandatory training before they can handle a firearm to make these things not happen
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

The 'perp' was a baggage handler at LAX - off to an early morning surf

Damn fine shooting

According to the police department, Perdue's car was headed directly for one of their patrol vehicles and appeared not to be yielding. When the vehicles collided, Perdue's air bag went off, blocking the view of the driver, and one officer fired three rounds.

The Torrance police chief apologized to Perdue and offered him a rental car and payment for his medical expenses, the statement said.

Situation Charlie Foxtrot in LA. What rules of engagement have these officers been given?

Distinguished Member
    If the truck was "headed directly" for one of the patrol vehicles, why is the only damage to the truck from the side? I hope the lawsuits are astounding. This sounds like something from behind the Iron Curtain in the cold war days. Can you say Gestapo?
    nedrgr21 and Poseidon like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Second Case of LA Fire Fire Zone finally in the news

This case will be the makings for the best Frontline ever!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links