"The Man who shot Osama bin Laden...is screwed" - Page 2

"The Man who shot Osama bin Laden...is screwed"

This is a discussion on "The Man who shot Osama bin Laden...is screwed" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TX expat Esquire article wrongly claims SEAL who killed bin Laden is denied healthcare - The Ruptured Duck - Stripes Apparently so... ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: "The Man who shot Osama bin Laden...is screwed"

Apparently so... It seems the SEAL was unaware of the benefits available to him. Does that make the whole story a lie? Suspect, yes... a total lie? time will tell.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I thought is a bunch of bunk from a different angle. In the interview with Anderson Cooper, the writer of the story tells the story at the end about the shooter giving the woman on the Bin Laden task force the magazine from his gun and then opening the body bag and showing her Bin Laden. I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, but I did see the docudrama that was made about the raid that aired back in November. There was no reference to her being over in Afghanistan and being there when Bin Laden was brought back in a body bag. She was at CIA HQ in Langley when this all went down. I might be all wet on this but this seem way too sensationalized for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Drudge links to "twitchy" who only corrected the portion on his transitional health care... similar to COBRA for private sector folks. And, if I left my employer under less than amicable terms, whatever they may be.. and was denied benefits, even if due to my own ignorance of the regulations... I might say "they screwed me" too... I'd like to see more facts, more of the story... short of having the serviceman air his grievances publicly, how do we determine the veracity of the entire story? Hard to do.

Rush Limbaugh? whodat? A fraud calling someone else a fraud? Don't waste my time quoting him. And, I usta be a ditto head, who advertised his own business on the Rush Limbaugh Show, daily (because I believed in what he said).

As to "... thought it would be a good story" what journalist who gets a story, true or not, doesn't think it'd be a good story?

If you wanna quote El Rushbo, why not quote O'Reilly, too? I mean O'Reilly is suggesting national registration, and selective allowances for "Assault weapons." Yet another fraud, who is touted as a spokesperson for the right wing.

There is no one source for news... I am willing to consider them all... and frequently do.

But, the bottom line for me on this one is... We don't know all the facts... and we may never... I'm for personal accountability... but if this is "the guy who pulled the trigger" we should afford him some protection. otherwise, he's not entitled to special treatment.
    Try checking out Tx expat Link from Stars and Stripes then. Esquire article wrongly claims SEAL who killed bin Laden is denied healthcare - The Ruptured Duck - Stripes

I see you also don't trust anything certain people say. I know how you feel....I trust nothing from a Liberal/Progressive/Democrat. (Blue Dog Dems are dead....Progressives put them "down".)

I would trust El Rushbo ( and I don't "buy" just anything that comes out of his mouth) more than anyone in the Present Administration, especially the Clown in Chief.

O'Relly depends on what he says and what guests he has. I would guess I don't agree with about half of what he says. He is more left leaning than he wishes to admit. Sound familiar??

BTY...I didn't comment on it before because it just "smelled" bad from the beginning. I thought from the "get go" that it was a steaming collection of bovine poo. Didn't add up.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    There is a difference between "Screwed" and "Stupid".

Life is hard, but it is even harder when you are stupid.

SEAL who killed Bin Laden reportedly knew he?d lose benefits | Fox News
    Hopyard and Spirit51 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I seriously doubt that he did not know what VA benefits were available to him, the benefits are common knowledge thru out the military. Many service members enlisted for one reason, to obtain the earned education and medical benefits that are available to them after discharge.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

My brother-in-law left the Navy with 18 years in. (A Lt Cmdr that had a disagreement with an Admiral) He put in 4 years in the Reserves to make his 20, and retired as a Cmdr. That might be something this SEAL is planning on as well.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

i feel really bad about the man who shot osama. the fact is, we all got obama, and until that is settled, were all screwed.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

From the ny post article I read, I thought it was fishy. With the health problems listed for the shooter, he's not medically retired? My wife and father both are medically retired from military with less issues than this SEAL. And getting out at 16 years if you still physically able? I haven't read the esquire article but the post article makes me suspect. OMO
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    From the ny post article I read, I thought it was fishy. With the health problems listed for the shooter, he's not medically retired?
    Makes you wonder how much of that is true also, doesn't it?

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Re: "The Man who shot Osama bin Laden...is screwed"

At least he got out with his health and his life, lots of people don't get out with that. I do think they need to protect him though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BLUF:

He CHOSE to get out. If you 'ETS' before you 'RETIRE' you don't get retirement benefits...

It is THE LAW that every servicemember getting out goes through 'ACAP' (transition assistance) where they spell it all out for you....something in this story doesn;t wash.

Quote Originally Posted by tsp_2177 View Post
    At least he got out with his health and his life, lots of people don't get out with that. I do think they need to protect him though.
    I too agree about the protection part. But, he will probably write a best selling book and do quite well for himself.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Protect him? From what, his own stupidity? People make choices in life, he took his path and now he wants to cry about it. I did 21 years and was finally disabiity retired for injuries received in the first Gulf War that kept me from doing my job. He knew what he was giving up when he left, he has 5 years of medical care coming to him from the VA (who BTW does a great job for me and many others who I know), but if he thinks he is "special" and wants "special" benefits for his family and for himself and get retirement benefits 4 years short of the mark all of us need to serve or have served, then he is truly "Special" in the mental sense.

If he has a medical issue tied to his service, then he needs to file a disability claim with the VA.....oh yeah, that's right, he already did that as he had to do that when he received his out-processing and his briefing that he would receive 5 years of free medical care from the VA. Come to think of it..............this clown isn't "special", he is a fraud and a crybaby.

As was said of crybabies when I was active duty, "If he wants to find sympathy, he needs to look between s**t and syphillus in the dictionary".
    Last edited by Chorizo; February 16th, 2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: The more I think about it, the madder it makes me.
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    ........Rear Adm. Sean Pybus told Navy Times the SEAL knew what he was giving up in leaving the service with 16 years of service, shy of the 20-year retirement mark.

“Concerning recent writing and reporting on ‘The Shooter’ and his alleged situation, this former SEAL made a deliberate and informed decision to leave the NAVY several years short of Retirement status,” Pybus said. “Months ahead of his separation, he was counseled on status and benefits, and provided with options to continue his career until Retirement eligible. Claims to the contrary in these matters are false.”

Read more: SEAL who killed Bin Laden reportedly knew he?d lose benefits | Fox News

Administrator
    And besides...these days it's the firearm and the hi-cap mag...and NOT the shooter.
    It was the rifle that killed Osama and a high capacity magazine was involved in that shooting also.
    His rifle was responsible - he had nothing to do with the death of that terrorist.
    If the assault rifle and the magazine take all of the BLAME - then the assault rifle and the magazine get all of the CREDIT.

Logically....You can't have it both ways.
    Chorizo and Spirit51 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links