Our hypocritical government?

Our hypocritical government?

This is a discussion on Our hypocritical government? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just as it says Is our government hypocritical? Obviously our members here are very in tuned to what is going on politically and what the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Our hypocritical government?

  1. #1
    Member Array bigtime_077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    60

    Our hypocritical government?

    Just as it says Is our government hypocritical?

    Obviously our members here are very in tuned to what is going on politically and what the media is saying.

    My question is why is our government condemning every other government in the world that is portraying acts of tyranny on its citizens when our's is doing the same thing?

    Lets look at what was done about Egypt. Our government condemned the leadership there for turning against its people and we even aided its rebels in overthrowing its government.

    In Libia it was the same thing. We condemned there dictator for killing his own people and again we supported the "rebels" there to overthrow and eventually kill the dictator.

    Now I here today that we are sending $350 some million in aid to Syria to aid their rebels in overthrowing its tyrannical government.

    Now don't get me wrong, I still think we have it much better here than what their citizens have but are we not heading towards the same demise? We have a commander in chief that believes he should play god and give the word to kill Americans that may have defected to the enemy by using drones. Again I am not against taking out America's enemies and do it before they get here. However doesn't our Constitution give its citizens due process before just killing them? Why is our government sending a ton of money to another nation to help it overthrow its government while campaigning on capital hill that we can't cut $85 billion from the budget. Why do we aid citizens of other countries to overthrow their governments while ours tries to butcher our Constitution all while condemning supporters of the Constitution which have pretty much been labeled as "rebels" for not going along with the current administrations agenda?

    I leave you my new friends and collegues with a few thoughts:

    If it gets to the point that our government commands too much power Do Not expect outside help to control it as we have provided to other countries. Most of them do not want us or think we should have the rights we have. We will have to rely on each other and hopefully our brothers and sisters in our military to uphold there oath to protect the citizens of the US and its Constitution and not to defect to the tyrannical rule.

    Lastly what makes our government think that would never happen here or has this been the case all along. If we are armed then we can fight back. I am not into conspiracy or anything like that as you may see on the Internet talking about FEMA camps and things of that source. I do think without a doubt our rights are under attack but I also think that there are the 5% that think anyone should have a gun, a tank, or whatever and you also have the 5% on the other side that think no one should have any protection and just let the government think for them. The rest of us I believe are in the 90% in the middle. Do I believe that anyone should have a gun? Hell no! I don't want the psycopath down the road that has prior felonies to own weapons. I do believe however that any law abidding citizen should not be restricted of their rights.

    This is what gun control does. It limits our rights to protect ourselves. Let me be the first to say I would be for some gun control if it actually worked. History has proven it does not. How often do you here about tight budgets causing police forces to be reduced yet I am suppose to give up my rights for protecting myself. As many Liberals have stated we do live in a different world now than when the Constitution was written. I couldn't agree more. I really don't think that our founding fathers ever dreamed of the weapons we have now. Does this make the Constitution void? Hell no! The Second Amendment never had a clause in it that said once the first cartridge type ammo becomes available citizens are not allowed to have that technology because it's too deadly. That amendment was written so that the law-abidding citizens had the same means to defend itself as the military to overcome a tyrannical government.

    So in closing yes things are different now than when the Constitution was written so on that point and only that point are the Liberals correct. The point that they are missing is that in the time of the writing of the Constitution the tyrant was in England. Difference now you ask.

    THE TYRANT IS IN WASHINGTON
    Pistology likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,215
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,418
    "Which is better - to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants one mile away?"

    - Byles Mather, loyalist clergyman in Boston during the Revolutionary War
    Pistology likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 11,650'
    Posts
    13,133
    I do believe you're preachin' to the choir, but I like the points you made.
    NONAME762 likes this.


    The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array RickyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    2,364
    Agreed. The problem is that our fellow citizenry continues to elect the same types of people. I believe that a majority of Americans are either too self absorbed or too wrapped up in what they can get from the tyrant to do what is right.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array KyBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    540
    "Do I believe that anyone should have a gun? Hell no! I don't want the psycopath down the road that has prior felonies to own weapons. I do believe however that any law abidding citizen should not be restricted of their rights."

    When the government declares you a felon for not turning in your gun's will you feel the same way, having now become the felon down the road?

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,630
    The point behind all this BS is that it is already against the law for that psyco felon to own a gun, or buy a gun, or be around a gun. There are enough laws on the books now to cover all this crap their talking about. and it works on the 98% of the poulation that respects and obeys the law. The other 2%, we'll call them the dirt bags to distiguish them from the sheepdogs, don't obey these laws nor will they obey any other laws these freedom haters pass. Psyco killers are always going to be with us,always have been and it will never change. It's a sad part of the human condition. There is and always will be a % of the population who are sociopathic or psycopathic and prey on whatever society they live in. These stupid laws as we all know only hurt the ones who are going to obey them.
    RichB70 and vilecanards like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

    The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    "Which is better - to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants one mile away?"

    - Byles Mather, loyalist clergyman in Boston during the Revolutionary War
    It's really funny that you posted that quote directly below the picture of Mel Gibson as William Wallace, because while I was reading it, I was hearing Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin saying it in "The Patriot".
    Walk softly ...

  9. #9
    Member Array bigtime_077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    60
    I do get your point KyBill but in order to deem people as felon's for not turning in their guns I believe they will have to make laws that are unconstitutional to do so. So if the law is unconstitutional does that really make you a felon for not following an unconstitutional law. In their eyes yes and it won't really matter so your point is well taken. I almost believe that is part of New Yorks plan all along because you know not all of those people are going to turn in their "assault weapons" so that will make them felons. Then they have a reason to take all of their guns that they otherwise could not before like handguns because the US Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in both DC and Chicago. I believe when all this is said and done there will be a lot of dead people in both citizens and law enforcement trying to take them back. My only hope is that it gets sorted out in court before there is any bloodshed. I truly believe that if New Yorks goes to court over the new law at least some of it will be overturned because it is unconstitutional.
    I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

  10. #10
    Member Array trackstarpre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    231
    couldnt agree more with what was said...hopefully the rest of America wakes up!

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I do believe you're preachin' to the choir, but I like the points you made.
    Not unless it's a choir of cats.
    Some of you talk about psychos and felons. And one morphs into the other: A "psycho" with a gun is a felon. And, look out, a "psycho" with the wrong drug is a felon. Lumping "psychos", or what we should be calling, "the mentally ill" as all murderers whose rights are forfeit or felons we haven't charged yet is wrong of us; and it's wrong of the lawmakers. We should leave the diagnoses to the doctors and be judicious in who's a felon (Some of the poison-pushing shrinks may qualify, IMO).
    As a libertarian, I think that we can expect government to have grand solutions to grand problems caused by grand government in the first place. For example, there's a push in CA to tax gun buyers to pay for an ongoing government gun buyback so that citizens can easier get rid of guns that they don't want to get them off of the streets and make the streets safer for the children.... But if government weren't such a wedge between the transfer of guns between honest citizens, this "solution" would not be necessary.
    Back to "psychos". The government is dangerously on the verge (not there yet), with the inadvertent helping voice of the NRA, in declaring guns and drugs too dangerous for society because there are psychos and felons, and so, because government is best able to protect you, just let's control these things for a more secure society - in spite of the fact that such control grows government at the expense of society and the individuals between the government hammer and their personal circumstances.
    Government is the problem. Vote for less government, less taxes, and empowerment of individuals. I've been a voice in the wilderness long enough to know not to wait for a choral refrain. Thank you for not "ignoring".
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array NONAME762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    About 235M out of The Palouse WA
    Posts
    8,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I do believe you're preachin' to the choir, but I like the points you made.
    Actually there's No Law that says you CAN'T own a TANK. You just need a certain type of ATF permission if you want to use the Main Gun with explosive rounds. If the main gun rounds are solid projectiles no special ATF permission is necessary.

    Do a search for Military Vehicles Magazine or MERRIMACK VALLEY MILITARY VEHICLE COLLECTORS or VINTAGE MILITARY LOCATION SERVICE or the 1st Michigan Arsenal of Democracy Chapter MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND SWAP MEET.

    That should keep you busy and out of trouble for a few minutes.

    HUA
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array Richard58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte area of North Carolina
    Posts
    2,244
    What ur average voter looks for in a candiate now is a lot different then most of u all want. That's just the facts. Change is coming but at what speed is all according to how much we protest it.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,366
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime_077 View Post
    THE TYRANT IS IN WASHINGTON
    Actually, it's not entirely. The tyrant is EVERYWHERE. The tyrant is your next door neighbor, your 5th grade "social studies" teacher, your postman, your preacher/reverend/priest, your ex wife, etc... Our country is now mostly made up of the 99%, the evil moochers and looters of "society". Don't believe me? Look what kinds of representation keeps getting elected in this country from the lower levels of local government to the halls of Congress and the Presidency.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array wdbailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Actually, it's not entirely. The tyrant is EVERYWHERE. The tyrant is your next door neighbor, your 5th grade "social studies" teacher, your postman, your preacher/reverend/priest, your ex wife, etc... Our country is now mostly made up of the 99%, the evil moochers and looters of "society". Don't believe me? Look what kinds of representation keeps getting elected in this country from the lower levels of local government to the halls of Congress and the Presidency.
    This is asinine...the Government is owned by the 1%

    You recall the furor over some congress critter referering to a female lobbyist as a "K Street Whore"?

    That's because the 30,000 or so registered lobbyist in DC for the most part dress like pimps. He didn't mean anything by it, just force of habit.

    Who do you think pay 30,000 lobbyist millions each per year. Sure isn't my ex wife :P
    oakchas likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hypocritical government/laws

Click on a term to search for related topics.