USBP Pay Cuts

This is a discussion on USBP Pay Cuts within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone heard confirmation of a heavy pay cut hitting Border Patrol Agents? I’m hearing about a 40% cut with overtime cuts and furloughs. Hitting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: USBP Pay Cuts

USBP Pay Cuts

Has anyone heard confirmation of a heavy pay cut hitting Border Patrol Agents?
    I’m hearing about a 40% cut with overtime cuts and furloughs.
    Hitting the ‘Agents’ (green, internal US) more than the ‘Officers’ (blue, border stations).
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Time to remind them you get what you pay for. Honestly, I think it's more chest-thumping than anything. Sure, their wil be some cuts, some job losses, buy the government will go on.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Considering the rate at which we are releasing illegal immigrants, I can't see any reason to even have Border Patrol agents.
    atctimmy, ANGLICO, suntzu and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

If it was Illegal to hire them or enroll them in school and they quashed the birther law,gave them no welfare,then arrested US Citizens that broke the law by hiring them we wouldn't have an immigration problem since there would be no reason for them to come here
    hogdaddy, Ducmonster and KBSR like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I doubt that they will have pay cuts, but a hiring freeze, early retirements, forced transfers and reduced overtime will be forthcoming. This is based on comments by a relative that is an agent.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Yes , Border Patrol Agents are receiving a 42% pay cut starting April 7. Here are the numbes border patrol has 21,300 agent annual buget of 1.4 billion and will be receiving a 245 million dollar cut. Customs has 21,700 officers annual buget of 3.2 billion and will be receiving a 35 million dollar cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Eugenics View Post
    Yes , Border Patrol Agents are receiving a 42% pay cut starting April 7. Here are the numbes border patrol has 21,300 agent annual buget of 1.4 billion and will be receiving a 245 million dollar cut. Customs has 21,700 officers annual buget of 3.2 billion and will be receiving a 35 million dollar cut.
    so you mean border patrol agents will be making less than walmart employees? thats fantastic. Maybe the nazi's will learn to leave us alone now that they don't get paid for crap.

Furloughs coming for IRS workers here. Don't expect your tax refund in a timely manner this year. Again.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TrevX View Post
    so you mean border patrol agents will be making less than walmart employees? thats fantastic. Maybe the nazi's will learn to leave us alone now that they don't get paid for crap.
    Yes the "nazi's" the man and women of the USBP who put thier life on the line daily are the only line of defense between POEs to stop terrorist, terrorist weapons, drugs, drug smugglers, gang members, illegal immigrants, child molesters and all other type of criminals out will now leave you alone.
    Last edited by Beer_Eugenics; March 3rd, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Chaplain Scott and KBSR like this.

I would be suprised if over time does not get cut for at least a couple of months.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Good...military, IRS, DOE, Dept of Education, can all use cuts. Goverment is WAAAAY to big.
    R040607 and steffen like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

USBP Pay Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Good...military, IRS, DOE, Dept of Education, can all use cuts. Goverment is WAAAAY to big.
    Agreed.

I believe that our law enforcement officers (incl. BP, Customs, etc.) are public servants if the highest order. But our gov't is bloated, and there need to be cuts. Since no one can agree exactly where, everywhere should be cut. That will likely get the attention of lawmakers through the populace they work for.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevX View Post
    Do you also believe that the military man and women of United States Coast Guard are nazis?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If it was Illegal to hire them or enroll them in school and they quashed the birther law,gave them no welfare,then arrested US Citizens that broke the law by hiring them we wouldn't have an immigration problem since there would be no reason for them to come here

^Pow^^^^^^^^^

Nailed it!

Nothing like the idiots in congress to roll out a red carpet to welcome the moochers, thugs and criminals from other societies/countries, instead of the hard workers and contributors, like what happened around 1900-1940.

The objective is to water down and "allow" the illegals from across the border to infiltrate our country, so that a few years from now the Feds can say, well we tried, but alas we might as well abolish the border.

This from here;
    Definite Plan to stop the U.N. and the NWO in its tracks!
    In their 95 page preliminary document, the U.N. is spearheading not only
    the reformation of the United Nations organization but, with all nations
    automatically and INVOLUNTARILY relinquishing their sovereignty, and with all
    NATIONAL BOUNDARIES being DISSOLVED, the U.N. will now DIRECTLY CONTROL ALL
    INDIVIDUALS within its new global, unboundaried community. The U.N. plans to
    accomplish its goals via a system of comprehensive security through total
    worldwide disarmament, demobilization, and demilitarizaton. (Brutal military
    force).
    AND here; CFR/Bilderberg Plan To Erase US Borders Finally Gets Attention (June 21, 2006)

The open plan to merge the US with Mexico and Canada and create a Pan American Union networked by a NAFTA Super Highway has long been a Globalist brainchild but its very real and prescient implementation on behalf of the Council on Foreign Relations has finally been reported on by the Associated Press.
    END.

Sadly, most of the naysayers will say, gosh, I thought they were only joking, I had no idea.

Poeple need to wake up.
    Yes, there have been those wealthy individuals who have wanted world domonation for centuries, but with automation, Technology, Stock market going to H.E. Double Hockey Sticks in a handbasket, your home losing 1/2 its value or more and self-enslavement(mortgages and financed[ccards] to the hilt) like never before, their dream will come to fruition sooner, not later.
    We are losing this battle.

Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car
    keys to teenage boys.
    P.J. O'Rourke

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor
    people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
    -- Douglas Case

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Hermann Goering:
    Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Anyone been to an airport lately? Holy crap, there's like 30 TSA agents at even the small check points! I know how important it is to have them, but come on. There's maybe half of them doing actual work while the others are BSing with each other and yelling at travelers. I think we can make do with a few less TSA agents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links