Jelly Bellies Memo means the loss of a job.

This is a discussion on Jelly Bellies Memo means the loss of a job. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is absolutely ridiculous. I'll censor the rest of what I want to say. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/01/jel....ap/index.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jelly Bellies Memo means the loss of a job.

Jelly Bellies Memo means the loss of a job.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I'll censor the rest of what I want to say.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/01/jel....ap/index.html

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    That is extermely sad. Now wonder Cops and doughnuts go together

Wimp's!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

No One Wants...

'constructive' criticism, advice, or comments that might take away from one's self-exteem...puke...

Our society is crumbling from the inside out...

It is NEVER 'your fault'...there are always excuses for our short comings, mistakes, or just plain bad actions...
    McDonald's makes us fat...
    Cops just stereotype...
    Teachers just 'pick' on kids...
    Rules were made to be broken...

OK...I'm done!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hmm; they must be pretty satisfied with their fat-boy image. Must be a real sensitive lot.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Can anyone say "entitlement job." Like most gov't work the opinion is once you have it you have it until death or retirement. Bottom line is police NEED to be in passable physical shape not only for the publics benefit but their own. Some 80 pound overweight cop in horrible condition is going to have problems if he gets into a solo scuffle with an in shape person.

Hopefully another department picks him up!

I think what they have there....is a failure to communicate....

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I'll censor the rest of what I want to say.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/01/jel....ap/index.html

I read that story in our local paper, and found it infuriating!

If the cops who had their poor widdle feewings so hurt are that sensitive, *** are they doing working as COPS?!

Yeah, that's right, fatty, I'm talkin' to you! If you're sensitive when someone says that the fat guys and girls on the force should take some well-intentioned advice and slim down some, and they don't single you out by name or description to be embarrassed, it's your guilty conscience telling you you're fat! How DARE you bring about the end of a good man's job?!

That chief needs to be reinstated, with back pay and a raise and a promotion.

If the cops who had their poor widdle feewings so hurt are that sensitive, *** are they doing working as COPS?!
    Hmph. One would think the prevalence of doughnut jokes would be prima facie evidence of the overall problem.

That group is going to need a good cleansing. Hard-nosed criteria for the physical fitness requirements, and actively culling those who don't measure up. Belt size doesn't matter, of course: it's the failure to perform. tests can easily show this. Obstacle courses and well-designed fitness qualifications are great equalizers. Once it's seen as serious, there will be serious commitment to meet the standards. While whiney SOB's like this get to knock a few heads off the pedestal, instead, it'll allow them to remain on duty and in an active role of protecting (?) others. May that town/county get its collective head out of its lower parts and do something about it ... 'cause it's their necks when push comes to shove.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

In the military you need to constantly qualify and keep in shape. In the police force you have to pass the physical at the acadamy and then you are set for life. It's really sad that there are so many fat cops around. They are less effective in protecting and serving and they are more likely to get themselves killed.
    -Biker

Senior Moderator
    That is pathetic that someone would loose their job for encouraging his troops to get into better health and shape. It is interesting that if he had been bringing in doughnuts to the troops everyday, he'd still have his job. Somethin's wrong isn't it.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    "This is officer Farva! Do you need my assistance!"

This is just plain discraceful. This man is a strong leader, acting as an example to those under him, trying to encourage the police force (of all people) to be the best it can be, and he gets forced to resign? I hope some other PD sees this and offers him a job.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the wording of the video link?
    "Watch what people who depend on cops to protect them said about the memo"

Another example of creeping sheepism. Though not surprising from CNN.

Administrator
    I agree that LEO's should try to stay in good/decent physical condition for their own benefit.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    PT testing is being implemented in many dept's. Perhaps the chief should have started there, instead of a memo. reality is that PD sit most of the day, not get out and physically work.
    How many of you sitting behind the computer criticizing are in any better shape than most PD? How many of you work static jobs , then go work out to stay in shape?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    I believe like in most cases there is more to this story than what has been reported on this incident.

I think most people would agree that serving full-time police officers should maintain a certain level of conditioning not seen in all departments. However, I see no information that this chief was particularly good at his job. I agree with his stance on the weight issue for his officers, but what other information is presented that he is a good man or a good cop? None.

If he was this abrasive on the weight issue then you can bet it extended to other aspects of his management style. My company had a VP who was ultimately fired for lack of revenue results. That was the excuse. The fact that he was a misogynist, a screamer and threw things at people were the real reasons. However, those things look really bad in a press release. The fact that the chief resigned tends to tell me that someone showed him something that would come out about him if he did not resign. Such is the political world at that level.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links