Defense: Shooter feared for his life so he killed officer.

This is a discussion on Defense: Shooter feared for his life so he killed officer. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I didn't want to tarnish the other thread that reported Sgt. Morales' death with this latest trash. The shooter's defense is that Sgt. Morales rammed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Defense: Shooter feared for his life so he killed officer.

I didn't want to tarnish the other thread that reported Sgt. Morales' death with this latest trash.
    The shooter's defense is that Sgt. Morales rammed his car and fearing for his life the BG got out of his vehicle and killed the LEO. GIMMIE A BREAK!@#%$@

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...held-wi/nWdbw/

Well, Mr. Tisdale will be fearing for his life...just one more time, then it will be over.
    sebring, darbo and IBGoodToGo like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Does Florida still use the electric chair, or do they use lethal injection now
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well, Mr. Tisdale will be fearing for his life...just one more time, then it will be over.
    I hope you're right.
    Badey, msgt/ret and mano3 like this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Tisdale said the deputy (Morales) walked up to his vehicle and told him to get out and get on the ground. He said he was in fear for his life because of the deputy’s tone and the fact that he had his hand on his gun. Tisdale said he fled the scene, and the deputy pursued him, ramming into his car during the chase. He later said his actions were in self-defense, but could not offer specifics to justify those actions, the affidavit says.
    Hm. History of drug trafficking, flees the scene, takes "offense" of the ramming in attempt to stop him, fires upon the officer and the second responding officer moments later, then flees that one too. Didn't want to get caught, so he calls his actions "self-defense." Classic.

I'm betting a Grand Jury doesn't buy the "stand your ground" claim he's bound to make. I'm hoping there's some lawyer, any lawyer, heck even a court-appointed one, who'll talk him out of that one.

He'll be learning a couple new languages soon, I think: sayonara, hasta luego, bend over spanky ...
    mprp, msgt/ret, mano3 and 2 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Does Florida still use the electric chair, or do they use lethal injection now
    Lethal injection is now used, but I always wonder why they clean the injection site with alcohol...to prevent infection?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Self defense doesnt apply when Law enforcement is involved. Give him the chair.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Self defense doesnt apply when Law enforcement is involved.
    It certainly does in justifiable cases. But certainly not this one, a garden variety traffic stop with fleeing, assault and murder.
    Snub44, darbo and dukalmighty like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Another "ice" freak who was hearing voices ????
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Welllllllllll, he will now be a ward of the state for a few years and the long hair will make him somebody's sweet thing
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Based on the news article I think Mr. Tisdale is in deep dog squeeze.
    Morales suffered at least three gunshot wounds, including one to the side of his head, the affidavit says. He was still sitting in the driver’s seat, and his gun was still in his holster.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Welllllllllll, he will now be a ward of the start for a few years and the long hair will make him somebody's sweet thing
    Are you "dancing banana" the idea of someone being prison raped? Is that an expression of approval? Is that envisioned rape coupled with guard incompetence or with guard corruption?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hm. History of drug trafficking, flees the scene, takes "offense" of the ramming in attempt to stop him, fires upon the officer and the second responding officer moments later, then flees that one too. Didn't want to get caught, so he calls his actions "self-defense." Classic.

I'm betting a Grand Jury doesn't buy the "stand your ground" claim he's bound to make. I'm hoping there's some lawyer, any lawyer, heck even a court-appointed one, who'll talk him out of that one.

He'll be learning a couple new languages soon, I think: sayonara, hasta luego, bend over spanky ...
    good one..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

The main problem is that many of our youthful offenders this one included always, I stress always, place blame on anyone except themselves.

It's always someone elses' fault they fell into a life of crime and had that Officer not attempted to arrest him, he would not have had to "defend" himself against such aggression.

Ok, that was kind of true and sarcastic. This "person" in this person died long ago. He ceased being human at some point in his miserable life and his redeeming qualities have been flushed into the sewer. Rabid animals are put down for good, this one is no exception. No reguard for any life except his own, so if he thinks of his life being way more important than others, then DENY him his life and put him down like the creature he has become.

It sounds heartless, cruel and whatever the ACLU could come up with. I say it is merciful because obviously he hates the living and cannot deal with life other than his own. Execution would be his "rehabilitation."
    mkh likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

More info on this incident than usual, I think there is sufficient information to conclude there will be a conviction.

Prayers for the family of the slain officer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links