More Drones - Holder says Obama can legally attack Americans with drones!

This is a discussion on More Drones - Holder says Obama can legally attack Americans with drones! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Reported today at various news outlets, AG Holder says it would be technically legal for Obama to order drone strikes against American on American soil. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: More Drones - Holder says Obama can legally attack Americans with drones!

  1. #1
    Member Array woodstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    153

    More Drones - Holder says Obama can legally attack Americans with drones!

    Reported today at various news outlets, AG Holder says it would be technically legal for Obama to order drone strikes against American on American soil. Here's one link to the story: Eric Holder: Drone Strike To Kill U.S. Citizen On American Soil Legal, Hypothetically.

    This administration gets more scary by the day. Forget impeachment, they all need to be committed.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

    George Washington

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Array Str8upguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,144
    Do you really think that the government is just going to open fire? That being said, what's the difference between sending police officers into an extremely dangerous situation to get an American born bad guy, or sending a drone to dispatch the bad guy? Personally, I'd rather see the drone get hurt rather than risking the policemen. At some point, we have to stop being paranoid about everything.
    yooperdug likes this.

  4. #3
    Member Array tflhndn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    406

    More Drones - Holder says Obama can legally attack Americans with drones!

    The last time I checked, it has been a while since any US court has issued a Dead or Alive Warrant.... THAT is the difference between sending in the police v. a drone strike.

    Pretty arrogant hypothetical for Holder to offer IMHO....

    Though I am only surprised that he said it, not that he thought it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,827
    TheBlaze broke this story earlier today.

    REVEALED: HOLDER SAYS PRESIDENT COULD AUTHORIZE MILITARY DRONE STRIKES INSIDE U.S. IN EMERGENCY
    Mar. 5, 2013 3:59pm Billy Hallowell

    This morning, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) told Glenn Beck’s radio team that he had some new information about the U.S. government’s drone program — information that some individuals might find troubling. Later in the day, TheBlaze obtained letters that were sent to the senator by Attorney General Eric Holder and President Barack Obama’s chief counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan...

    Here is the story on TheBlaze: Revealed: Holder Says President Could Authorize Military Drone Strikes Inside U.S. in Emergency | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    Do you really think that the government is just going to open fire? That being said, what's the difference between sending police officers into an extremely dangerous situation to get an American born bad guy, or sending a drone to dispatch the bad guy? Personally, I'd rather see the drone get hurt rather than risking the policemen. At some point, we have to stop being paranoid about everything.
    An officer might be trying to apprehend the BG (we are still a land of laws and due process BYW). An officer might enter the place where the BG is held up and realize their are innocents there. A drone is meant to kill something.

    If you seriously think that using drones is good right now for an extreme situation, I can garuntee you that it will be used with less stricter rules after each use.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  7. #6
    Member Array Sandpiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Posts
    117
    Personally...I don't care. I would like them to target me about 2AM...They already have my address. This is the government elected by the majority of Americans. Sometimes you get what you ask for. After the ballot is cast, everybody gets to enjoy what the freedom of elections brings. If most Americans are stupid and unteachable, we get what "America" wants....Stop whining. I can speak with some authority....Police work to some is a calling. To the rest, a job. LE is not a superior humanity...they are men and women who "choose" a profession. Some are good...some are idiots, like the rest of us. Long gone is the idea that those in Political power are representatives of "Old" America.....Today is a new day....the rules have changed. It may be ugly, but it's the truth. Get over it. The Obamas and the Holders are in control....if that doesn't work for you, develop a new hope, or better coping skills. Sandpiper

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,627
    Eric Holder is the AG in name only and only does as directed by Obama, just another obama lackey, and is a habitual liar as proven during his testimony during the Fast and Furious investigation.

    Folks we are in deep trouble and it is only going to get worse unless we stand against Obama and his administration. E-mails and letters to our representatives are falling on deaf ears. Without well organized and well attended demonstrations Obama will keep stripping away our rights one at a time until we become "SUBJECTS" without any rights.

    What I fought for as a soldier is all but gone and it is very disheartening to see the country very quickly becoming just another third world country.
    msgt/ret, DVido and GoPackman like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    Do you really think that the government is just going to open fire? That being said, what's the difference between sending police officers into an extremely dangerous situation to get an American born bad guy, or sending a drone to dispatch the bad guy? Personally, I'd rather see the drone get hurt rather than risking the policemen. At some point, we have to stop being paranoid about everything.
    Do you really think the people have granted the government the authority to execute US citizens without first charging them with a crime and finding them guilty in a court of law?

    The difference is the police are sent in to serve a warrant, arrest the US citizen, charge the US citizen with a crime and have the accused US citizen stand trial in a court of law. A drone strike executes the US citizen without doing any of those things.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Do you really think the people have granted the government the authority to execute US citizens without first charging them with a crime and finding them guilty in a court of law?

    The difference is the police are sent in to serve a warrant, arrest the US citizen, charge the US citizen with a crime and have the accused US citizen stand trial in a court of law. A drone strike executes the US citizen without doing any of those things.
    Obama has already killed at least one American without due process, what will keep him from doing it again? Have you read the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that was recently signed by Obama? I suggest you do so.
    bombthrower77 and pittypat21 like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  11. #10
    Member Array ZOMBIEvs42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Personally...I don't care. I would like them to target me about 2AM...They already have my address. This is the government elected by the majority of Americans. Sometimes you get what you ask for. After the ballot is cast, everybody gets to enjoy what the freedom of elections brings. If most Americans are stupid and unteachable, we get what "America" wants....Stop whining. I can speak with some authority....Police work to some is a calling. To the rest, a job. LE is not a superior humanity...they are men and women who "choose" a profession. Some are good...some are idiots, like the rest of us. Long gone is the idea that those in Political power are representatives of "Old" America.....Today is a new day....the rules have changed. It may be ugly, but it's the truth. Get over it. The Obamas and the Holders are in control....if that doesn't work for yoy, develop a new hope, or better coping skills. Sandpiper
    the problem i have with that is your statement that the president is voted in my the majority of americans when, in reality its a minority. and putting faith in the electorial collage to vote the way we want them too is somewhat disturbing. but, back to the OP, whats the diffrence of using drone strikes or a SWAT team? its about the impression that you give a crap about lives..."oo lets use drone strikes..save the police from a dangereous situation" but what i fear the mass public will come to realize too late is that , collateral damage will happen..and when there is no one to take the blame for little susie being in the wrong place at the wrong time, no one to expliain to her parents that the tech doing interface control pressed 1 instead of I and now that drone is 3 degrees from what its is relaying back to the "pilot" and he drops a payload on the neighbors house instead of the bad guy..then american will see.. as for the prezes legitimacy to use drones on US soil? its no diffrent then telling Homeland Sec to raid the bad guys compound, from his perspective..just another tool in the box.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    the problem i have with that is your statement that the president is voted in my the majority of americans when, in reality its a minority. and putting faith in the electorial collage to vote the way we want them too is somewhat disturbing. but, back to the OP, whats the diffrence of using drone strikes or a SWAT team? its about the impression that you give a crap about lives..."oo lets use drone strikes..save the police from a dangereous situation" but what i fear the mass public will come to realize too late is that , collateral damage will happen..and when there is no one to take the blame for little susie being in the wrong place at the wrong time, no one to expliain to her parents that the tech doing interface control pressed 1 instead of I and now that drone is 3 degrees from what its is relaying back to the "pilot" and he drops a payload on the neighbors house instead of the bad guy..then american will see.. as for the prezes legitimacy to use drones on US soil? its no diffrent then telling Homeland Sec to raid the bad guys compound, from his perspective..just another tool in the box.
    He wone the popular vote and electoral colleg...not sure what you mean.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,827
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Obama has already killed at least one American without due process, what will keep him from doing it again? Have you read the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that was recently signed by Obama? I suggest you do so.
    Impeachment.

    Yes.
    msgt/ret, Goat_Guy and goldmaster like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    4,125
    Well, then it's also legal for me & the boys to create a good recipe for cornmeal breaded, deep-fried drone. I'm bettin' a good goose load will bring 'em down (over decoys).
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  15. #14
    Member Array Sandpiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Posts
    117
    "Do you really think the people have granted the government the authority to execute US citizens without first charging them with a crime and finding them guilty in a court of law?".......1MoreGoodGuy. Welcome Boys and Girls to the New America.........The US Constitution is no longer the anchor on which its citizens can hope. What IS new, and not really new :) is that the Government will do what it likes, and unless challenged in the Courts (the next anchor to fall), it will succeed. I'm a firm believer in the rule of law. However, I no longer believe that my Government does. It's about "winning". Many of us think that Charlie Sheen and his signature are idiotic.....I'm convinced that our government is about "winning" at any cost. I'm so thankful I'm in old. Republicans, Democrats, Independents....all shades of the same color. It's about power, wealth, and domination, as opposed to "we the People." When "We the People" are different than those people of the Foundation of the Nation, you get what you have. I have a couple cool movies in the queue, I love my Wife, I'm ordering a Pizza......You need to know when you're whipped....Too little, too late. Fatalism? Maybe...but there are far too few young and wise to carry the fight....Most of them don't know what needs to be fixed....this is "normal" to them...... Pizza anyone? Sandpiper
    bugboy likes this.

  16. #15
    Member Array ZOMBIEvs42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    He wone the popular vote and electoral colleg...not sure what you mean.
    How the Electoral College Works - YouTube

    watch this simplified version, and youll see why im disturbed.

    The Trouble with the Electoral College - YouTube

    part 2
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

an obama attack citizens with drones?
,
drone legally president authority holder
,
drones free to fire on us soil
,
drones to attack americans?
,
e holder says obama can use drone strikes
,
is obama going to atack american with drones
,
obama can attack americans
,

remington drone loads

,
what's the difference between a police officer and a drone
Click on a term to search for related topics.