Crooked deputies sold guns, drugs to public

Crooked deputies sold guns, drugs to public

This is a discussion on Crooked deputies sold guns, drugs to public within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Speechless http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/02/sh...ted/index.html "It was disgraceful corruption," said U.S. Attorney John L. Brownlee. "These were drugs and guns that were seized as part of their law ...

Thread: Crooked deputies sold guns, drugs to public

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Angry Crooked deputies sold guns, drugs to public

Speechless

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/02/sh...ted/index.html

"It was disgraceful corruption," said U.S. Attorney John L. Brownlee. "These were drugs and guns that were seized as part of their law enforcement duties that were then stolen from the property room and put back out on the streets."
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    Sad fact of life - there is room for corruption, at all levels and in all professions. This sorta thing is despicable.

The majority of folks are honest and hard working but the few in each case - the bad apples - make it that much harder for the honest majority.

Genuine and proven bad apples, should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, sufficient at least, to make examples of them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Wait...You mean the criminals didn't get their guns from the massive Virginia "gun show loophole" that NY complains about so much lately? It does seem a bit ironic that the criminals still get their guns from the same source bloomy says are the only ones that should have guns.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Sorry, I have to post again,

What really gets my goat, is that I have been turned down by 4 different LEO agency's, one of them twice, No degree, and not impeccable credit, but a very SOLID work history, and always a hard worker, then to read about this kind of stuff, and to have my wife holler out while watching cops "I went to school with that guy" "he got beat up in school for trying to sell drugs in another guys territory". and you guessed it, he was the COP not the guy getting arrested.

Rant off,

I know that these "Bad Apples" are a very small minority, and that 99.94% of LEO work to the best of their ability to do the best job possible. I personally want to thank each and every one of you, it's just disheartening to see the ones that do get the chance, to go and throw it away.

I say throw the book at them, then pick it up, and throw it at them again.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    We have a similar issue going on near here

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Prison. General population. Maximum sentence. No parole.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I consider it a tremendous honor to wear my department's badge, and I hold the oath as sacred. I have no sympathy for anyone who dishonors the badge and what it represents in any way. Police officers should be held to a higher standard than those they are sworn to serve and protect, and as such, the penalty for dishonoring or discrediting the badge and oath should be more severe. As LEO's, we can only function with the trust and respect of the public, and cases like this and many others tear down in one fell swoop, what it took years to build up and earn, and takes even longer to regain once it is lost. Incidents like this are a black mark for all of us who do serve and protect and uphold to the best of our abilities.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Sponsored Links