Very professional trooper (Tazer vid)

This is a discussion on Very professional trooper (Tazer vid) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tazer vid I copied this link from a post by stretch3 on Sig Forum. I really liked to thank all of the LEO's that have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tazer vid

I copied this link from a post by stretch3 on Sig Forum.

I really liked to thank all of the LEO's that have this much patiences and professionalism. If it was me the 3rd time he said no or as soon as he tried to resist being cuffed I would have nailed him till he cried like a little girl. Maybe it a good thing I didn't go LE.:P

DC Founder
    That is a wild video. The guy did pretty good taking repeated shocks and still having the will to resist.

OMG, That was a great video. Now How many of you think that without the camera that BG would be dead? Personally when he got up the second time I\'d of shot him.

As close as I can count, it took 5 hits to get the guy to stop resisting. Some are just slow to learn I guess. :)

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    I love how he dropped on thie first hit. ZAP! AAAAGGGHHH!!

Senior Moderator
    How many of you think that without the camera that BG would be dead? Personally when he got up the second time I\'d of shot him.
    And its likely you would be doing time for excessive force...

I think the trooper did a great job controlling him. I dont think for a second that he would have had to use his gun.

You cant just shoot someone for refusing to obey verbal commands. Although the guy refused to heed warnings, that still dosent justify use of lethal force. In this case, the Tazer did its job and did exactly as it was designed to do. It got the guy under control and got him cufffed without either one of them getting hurt. Sure he might have had two itty bitty holes in him but I guarantee you that was minor compared to the azz whooping he would have recieved if the Tazer wasnt on site.
    Sure the guy was drunk and stupid and got put in jail...it still dosent justify getting shot.

Pretty typical. Wish we had tasers years ago. The situation you saw in the video would get real bloody in the 70's through 90's.

Lead Moderator
    Perfect job done. Can't let a drunk drive off, and use of force was just enough to stop him.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    You cant just shoot someone for refusing to obey verbal commands. Although the guy refused to heed warnings, that still dosent justify use of lethal force. In this case, the Tazer did its job and did exactly as it was designed to do. It got the guy under control and got him cufffed without either one of them getting hurt. Sure he might have had two itty bitty holes in him but I guarantee you that was minor compared to the azz whooping he would have recieved if the Tazer wasnt on site.
    Sure the guy was drunk and stupid and got put in jail...it still dosent justify getting shot.
    He definately was not resisting to the point of using deadly force.

However, in the days before Taser, he would have been clubbed like a baby seal......

Matt

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    If only life were like the movies. The guy runs and is chased by bullets.

I was thoroughly surprised when I learned what constituted the use of deadly force.

A little story of an MP chasing a drunk. It was a routine stop that ended up DUI. The guy was getting out of the military like the next day. He was stupid and ran. The MP chased him, they fought. He ran some more, they fought some more. The guy ends up jumping off some stairs and breaks his back. They fight some more, About 5 minutes into all of this, the idiot finally reaches for the MPs gun. The MP draws, and ends the situation. No shots.

He still caught flack over drawing his piece. But he didn't get into trouble.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

We still don't have the Tazer and that situation would have most certainly led to a beat down. As for the traffic stop/DUI arrest it was pretty mild when you consider the level of resistance most of us are experiencing anymore making physical custody arrests. I guess I am just getting jaded to violence after 20 + years of LEO work which is not good either.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    That was great...just goes to show how stupid some people are!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

That was great

VIP Member
    Oh my God that was classic!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

The taser can be a very effective tool in the right circumstances. I have some concerns about the lack of Officer Safety used by the officer. He is fortunate this guy didn't drop him when he put both of his hands behind his back to put his flashlight away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links