Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens

This is a discussion on Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The Govt has contingency plans for everything else. Why not this?

I predict the same success as securing the border.

I would also suspect that they greatly underestimate the resolve of the "enemy".
    Ghost1958, Eagleks, 84160 and 3 others like this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Given the people who work for TSA, the DHS threat isn't that scary, either.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I said this before, DHS is the future national police force with powers over local authorities...
    niks likes this.

So someone writes a Facebook post interpreting the fantasies of the tin foil hat crowd and it is posted as if it is news. A sad commentary on America I think.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

...denying the symptoms doesn't cure the disease...
    mg27 likes this.

Having a hard time with this one, he retired z Captain in the Army, that doesn't saw much for his career or his credibility.

The tin foil fantasies of today sometimes turn out to be the history lessons of tomorrow. Paranoia becomes foresight when that happens. We might be wise to ease up a little on the tin foil crowd; just in case we need to ask their advice later on.
    mr.stuart, atctimmy and mg27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...denying the symptoms doesn't cure the disease...
    Unless you're a hypochondriac, in which case it by definition cures it.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Having a hard time with this one, he retired z Captain in the Army, that doesn't saw much for his career or his credibility.
    Looks like he was enlisted before (he has GCM's). But after thirty years you wonder why the highest award he has is an Army Commendation Medal?
    Also, as an infantry officer it seems odd no CIB or EIB. He is or was with the 82nd. I also noticed no star on his airborne wings. Most decent officers (11 and 18) tend to go to jumpmaster school and have at least 30 jumps to get their star.

Looks like he wants his moment of fame. He started his FB page 3/23/13 and has himself listed as a public figure.

Now, some folks might say it does not matter about his service, but the message is still correct. As the younger folks say "whatever". If that is the case then the title of the articl should say "A person warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens"

not

"Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens" which tries to lend some credibility to the souce as if he has some insight regular folks don't.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

the big problems with all of this is the people that work at dhs. you got three groups of dhs workers. one group that will not go against the people, no matter what they are told to do. this is the older agents that have been around. then you got the second group that are not worth a damn and everything they do does not work out. this group would not have a job if they worked in the real world. then you got the third group, this bunch will do what they are told. this group is getting larger each year. groups two and three are low information voters.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Frankly, I think there were a number of valid points made in his letter. DHS has become a many-headed Hydra with far-reaching powers and a boss-lady that will follow HER boss's orders without question. That's a scary combo right there. There are enough ex-military just-follow-order types in DHS to worry the heck out of me too. And no, the tin foil is not on.
    Jeanlouise and mkh like this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Looks like he was enlisted before (he has GCM's). But after thirty years you wonder why the highest award he has is an Army Commendation Medal?
    Also, as an infantry officer it seems odd no CIB or EIB. He is or was with the 82nd. I also noticed no star on his airborne wings. Most decent officers (11 and 18) tend to go to jumpmaster school and have at least 30 jumps to get their star.

Looks like he wants his moment of fame. He started his FB page 3/23/13 and has himself listed as a public figure.

Now, some folks might say it does not matter about his service, but the message is still correct. As the younger folks say "whatever". If that is the case then the title of the articl should say "A person warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens"

not

"Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens" which tries to lend some credibility to the souce as if he has some insight regular folks don't.
    All of your points are possibilities. But it could also be that the guy obtained only moderate success in the military because he wasn't PC enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. As is the case at this moment in time. That having been said, discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.
    oneshot and OldCorps like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    All of your points are possibilities. But it could also be that the guy obtained only moderate success in the military because he wasn't PC enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. As is the case at this moment in time. That having been said, discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.
    Nah...I live by Occam's Razor LOL...I knew many folks that went against the grain and butted heads and they seemed to end up getting something higher than an ARCOM after 30 years. I mean seriously, you have to go out of your way to not get something higher. My bet is he was a mediocre soldier, has no real credentiels, started a FB page to promote himself, and likes to garnish attention by being a right wing ultra conservative. You don't have to be PC to get an EIB, and the man was an infantry officer. Guess he could have been a 5 jump chump as far as the airborne wings. But most officers that are in airborne units strive to become jumpmasters (at least when I was in).

As far as :
    discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.
    I could probably find some actual decent ideas that Hitler had also....but I doubt I would be using him as a source for anything LOL.....I am not comparing him to HItler in case someone does not grasp the idea. I think it would mean more if it came from a "decorated" (dang, I hate that too LOL) war hero than someone trying to promote themselves. Come on...on his FB page he put "Public Figure".....

EDIT: I am going to predict this man will be on Infowars in the near future.
    wdbailey and JDE101 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Nah...I live by Occam's Razor LOL...I knew many folks that went against the grain and butted heads and they seemed to end up getting something higher than an ARCOM after 30 years. I mean seriously, you have to go out of your way to not get something higher. My bet is he was a mediocre soldier, has no real credentiels, started a FB page to promote himself, and likes to garnish attention by being a right wing ultra conservative. You don't have to be PC to get an EIB, and the man was an infantry officer. Guess he could have been a 5 jump chump as far as the airborne wings. But most officers that are in airborne units strive to become jumpmasters (at least when I was in).

As far as :

I could probably find some actual decent ideas that Hitler had also....but I doubt I would be using him as a source for anything LOL.....I am not comparing him to HItler in case someone does not grasp the idea. I think it would mean more if it came from a "decorated" (dang, I hate that too LOL) war hero than someone trying to promote themselves. Come on...on his FB page he put "Public Figure".....

EDIT: I am going to predict this man will be on Infowars in the near future.
    So what is your opinion of his assertions regarding DHS?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links