Pinkerton would be proud!

This is a discussion on Pinkerton would be proud! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A local news report on a growing trend in our area. Houston neighborhood turns to private security firm for protection | khou.com Houston I was ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 3 Post By pgrass101
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By nathanjns
  • 1 Post By nathanjns
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: Pinkerton would be proud!

A local news report on a growing trend in our area.
    Houston neighborhood turns to private security firm for protection | khou.com Houston
    I was talking with this company before I accepted an offer from my current employer.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

More security is cool, but there's still a problem.

"When a young mother in the neighborhood was recently stabbed multiple times in front of her children, a Seal security officer was the first to arrive on scene."

Nothing beats 'being personally armed'. Yes, more security is useful, but in this case, they were just in time to make the report instead of putting the dirtbag into the coroner's van.

Had the young mother been armed, she could have perforated the assailant right on the spot.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Look for more of this as government can no longer afford to provide services at the same level that it previously did.

Expect more potholes and longer disruptions in services after a disaster.

Of course no one in political office will admit that the coffers contain nothing but promises and unicorn dust.
    goldmaster, OD* and atctimmy like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    More security is cool, but there's still a problem.

"When a young mother in the neighborhood was recently stabbed multiple times in front of her children, a Seal security officer was the first to arrive on scene."

Nothing beats 'being personally armed'. Yes, more security is useful, but in this case, they were just in time to make the report instead of putting the dirtbag into the coroner's van.

Had the young mother been armed, she could have perforated the assailant right on the spot.
    I think you meant "perforated the assailant. But as you chose to use the word "perorated," her
    peroration might have been, "stop or I'll shoot, bang!" That would have been an appropriate
    grandiloquent finale to her oration on the matter.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Contracted police force..Interesting....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think you meant "perforated the assailant. But as you chose to use the word "perorated," her
    peroration might have been, "stop or I'll shoot, bang!" That would have been an appropriate
    Yep, 'perforated'...old eyes...
    IBGoodToGo likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

grandiloquent???
    AHA!! A new word for us to pontificate on. Just wish I knew what 'grandiloquent meant.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    AHA!! A new word for us to pontificate on. Just wish I knew what 'grandiloquent meant.
    No worries. It is just a rather silly word, the use of which rarely adds clarity to a statement and implies that the user probably spends too much time alone in dark closets. Sorry for the run-on sentence Hopy.
    Hopyard and commonground like this.

So what's wrong with spending time alone in a dark closet?
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Company police or police is good but a security guard is only a paid set of eyes to call 911. If a security guard does anything more then he or she is stepping out of the bounds of their job description.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A neighborhood that can afford hired security is too rich for my blood. I am my own armed security team.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by commonground View Post
    So what's wrong with spending time alone in a dark closet?
    Depends on what you are doing in there.
    commonground likes this.

VIP Member
    Nicely done Sir. Yet I fear your bombast has derailed this thread.
    Hopyard likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Company police or police is good but a security guard is only a paid set of eyes to call 911. If a security guard does anything more then he or she is stepping out of the bounds of their job description.
    That all depends on the job they were hired for. A lot of people are learning that private contractors are a better option for them than LEOs. Not being the government the Constitution does not prohibit us from doing things that the police can't do. We can enforce your policies. If the cops do it it is called official oppression.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Sharpstown in Houston , rough neighborhood. My wife used to work in a gated office complex there. At night i would pick her up... Even the Hookers looked tough.

Links