Veterans...BEWARE of Health Survey

This is a discussion on Veterans...BEWARE of Health Survey within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may be nothing, BUT, thought I'd toss it out to the Veterans here on DC. I received a packet from the VA today, with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Veterans...BEWARE of Health Survey

This may be nothing, BUT, thought I'd toss it out to the Veterans here on DC.

I received a packet from the VA today, with a Survey questionnaire. The title of the survey is "the Million Veteran Program". Here is how this program is defined: The Department of Veterans Affairs Million Veteran Program (MVP) is a national, voluntary research program. MVP is designed to help researchers better understand how genes affect health and illness, with the goal of improving health care for Veterans...

All of this supposedly is under the reasoning of: improving treatment, why some treatment works for some and not for others, why some Vets are at risk of a specific illness and not others, how can they prevent certain illnesses in the first place.

Now, all of this, to this point sounds viable and workable doesn't it?

Well, when I opened up the survey, it starts out with basic questions: DOB, gender, race, WHERE ANCESTORS ORIGINALLY FROM, education level, marital status, how many in household, income category, right or left handed or both, height/weight, color of skin, natural hair color, natural eye color, branch of service, type service, where served, where stationed, IN Gulf War, in OEF or OIF, exposed to Agent Orange, exposed to chemical or biological agents, given Anthrax vaccine, taken anti nerve agent pills, current physical fitness status, how physical is your work, how often do you exercise, how often do you drink alcohol, how many drinks per day, how often six or more drinks on one occasion, have you smoked/how much, what is your general health, are you limited by your general health.

Then the questions got interesting, as they started to ask about EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS, FEELING DEPRESSED, EXPERIENCING ANXIETY. They asked about have you felt calm and peaceful, DOWNHEARTED AND BLUE. Has your physical health OR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS interfered with social activities..How would you rate your EMOTIONAL HEALTH..

The survey then continues with primarily health questions.

I guess I am extremely wary concerning the MENTAL HEALTH questions. Especially in regards to the current regime's push concerning mental illness laws, and some within the regime trying to deny veterans their 2nd Amendment rights because of PTSD or depression after returning from deployments.

Anyway, maybe I'm just reading too deep.

Anyone received one of these packets yet? Did you return it? What do you think about this in general...

I personally did not return, nor even acknowledge receipt and refuse to participate...
    RichB70 and MasterGadgets like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

When they start getting into questions about what you ingest (the alcohol and tobacco questions), they're getting too personal. Not to mention "where did your ancestors come from." I don't know how I would answer that one. One side of the family came over on the second boat, the other side showed up 300 years later at Ellis Island. All are white Europeans. I think "Garden of Eden" would be the best answer I could provide.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

We were avoiding seeking "help" before all of this new wave of "gun violence" came up for fear of gun confiscation. Either we were all paranoid or smart. Maybe both.
    Either way, it's funny that the only thing that happens when you start talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people with mental problems is a lot more people not seeking the care they may need for fear of loosing their rights.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post

Anyway, maybe I'm just reading too deep.

yup--
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    yup--

I don't think he's reading too deep at all. I wouldn't return the packet.

Why would you want to fill out ANY government survey?
    Keep your affairs very private.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    I don't think he's reading too deep at all. I wouldn't return the packet.
    No I wouldn't return it..
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member
    Lots of questions to which the answer should be NOYFB!

I would round file that document and disavow any knowledge of it's existence

@@ BlackBerry 10 Mobile Messaging @@
    atctimmy and Sky Pilot like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Saw the survey. Decided NOT to answer after reading the questions. I've been around for 59 years... four of them in the U.S. Air Force... they already know TOO MUCH about me.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

VIP Member
    Haven’t seen that survey yet but with those questions and it not being sent REG mail it will immediately be sent to the circular file.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    yup--
    How can you say that after the recent confiscation in New York? Or the ongoing confiscation in California? All based on mental health info obtained by the government.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I haven't received any surveys from the VA since I first applied for medical care from the VA in 1977 or have I been asked to take any when I visit the local VA hospital. Based on my families military service we should be one of the first to get their surveys because we served multiple tours in Vietnam and I do have a disability for combat injuries and the same for my older brother who spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and has a 100% disability for combat injuries from both the Korean conflict and Vietnam and has also never received a survey. My younger brother died in the VA hospital from the effects of Agent Orange.

Would I answer and return any VA surveys received? No!!!!
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Never ever send those surveys in, never ever answer questions on phone survey's, never ever answer questions by in the street survey people.

Military health care ask how much one drinks and how much one smokes EVERY single visit. They said they tally results each day and then dump the questionnaires. So as far as they are concerned, I don't smoke (I did quit over 30 years ago) and even though I have a couple of drams of single malt scotch sitting on my lap at this moment, I don't drink either. No one business what I do, what I drink or if I smoked. As has been stated, the Govt has too much info on me already...

Other than that, have fun...
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

I have heard the VA is scheduling "wellness checks" for veterans.........
    All Vets Are Under Suspicion? Using ?Wellness Checks? To Confiscate Veteran?s Guns | Tavern Keepers
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

They do not need your information for anything but to use against you. I quite doing phone surveys a year or two ago, even those wondering about my news sources, etc.

I find it interesting they asked about the Anthrax vaccine and the anti-nerve agent pills. I wonder if they are worried about having used the Gulf War 1 vets as a testing ground for those and more.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Laws do not stop criminals, bullets do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links