Boston Bombers revealed??? What do you guys think?

This is a discussion on Boston Bombers revealed??? What do you guys think? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 4chan ThinkTank - Imgur Compelling evidence. Keep this civil please....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Boston Bombers revealed??? What do you guys think?

4chan ThinkTank - Imgur

Compelling evidence.

Keep this civil please.

it'll be interesting to see if the prediction by "anonymous" comes true. Guess we will know where we stand if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by floggindave View Post
    it'll be interesting to see if the prediction by "anonymous" comes true. Guess we will know where we stand if it does.
    Lol so you know about "anonymous" huh?

The pictures are crazy considering how they picked those guys out of the crowd and focused in on them, they do look suspicious and up to something.

Then again they could be reaching and just trying to find something or someone to blame for this.

The pictures are interesting but its either or.

OD*
    Interesting indeed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Someone on another forum said it looks like they are just picking out random guys with back packs or bags and labeling them as the bombers. They also said that the guys with the Tan BDU pants could be emergency workers.

Where did they get these pictures?

VIP Member
    Here is a link to the story on CNN, not much info just more speculation. As was stated by others in the other thread I believe the bomber is just some lone wolf nutcase trying to make some kind of statement like Timothy MacVeigh, Eric Rudolph or Ted Kaczynski.

First on CNN: Authorities believe they have identified a suspect, source says

(CNN) -- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.

The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.

Earlier, a federal law enforcement source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told CNN that a lid to a pressure cooker thought to have been used in the bombings had been found on a roof of a building near the scene.
    First on CNN: Authorities believe they have identified a suspect, source says - CNN.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The backpack the older guy is carrying definitely looks like the one in the street. He also seems to be alone and looks out of place.

http://i.imgur.com/bFb5azLh.jpg

I'd like to see timestamps for some of the other photos, particularly these:

http://i.imgur.com/49Mx665.png

If the left one was taken after the explosion, it's pretty obvious those backpacks weren't the bombs.

This one where they show him without a backpack looks like he might just be holding it in front of him.

http://i.imgur.com/Jn82qarh.jpg
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    Well they've arrested someone. Pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing that the 'person of interest' that they were guarding at the hospital got upgraded to 'suspect'.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    The backpack the older guy is carrying definitely looks like the one in the street. He also seems to be alone and looks out of place.

http://i.imgur.com/bFb5azLh.jpg

I'd like to see timestamps for some of the other photos, particularly these:

http://i.imgur.com/49Mx665.png

If the left one was taken after the explosion, it's pretty obvious those backpacks weren't the bombs.

This one where they show him without a backpack looks like he might just be holding it in front of him.

http://i.imgur.com/Jn82qarh.jpg
    The big problem as I see it, with these images, is you can make a ton of guesses about what is going on in a still photo, but without anything that is factually concrete, it's just a guess. For example, in the first photo, it's a black backpack with gray flat webbing. I don't actually see any grey flat webbing on the blown up backpack. I see a gray area, but there's no way of telling what that actually is and the rest of the dangling webbing appears black to me. Also, the guy could look out of place because he's trying to find a bathroom, or his family, or a ton of other things, or he's holding the backpack for his kid or wife who is looking for a bathroom. Heck, put me in a crowd of that many people and I'd probably look more suspicious because my SA would be going bonkers!

Also, on the third image, while it appears the guy isn't wearing the backpack any longer, look at his arms and shoulders. Were I a betting man, I'd say he was holding it in his hands. Maybe he just took it off to rest his shoulders a second, or got tired of people bumping into it. Once again, just my guessing, but I think that plausible innocence can be imagined as easily as suspicion.

All that said, now watch them highlight those photos in their next press conference and identify those guys as the bombers!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Suspect nabbed in Boston Marathon bombing

DEVELOPING: Investigators have arrested a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing, a federal source confirmed to FoxNews.com.

The suspect was seen on surveillance footage and showed a young man carrying – and perhaps dropping – a black bag at the second bombing scene at Monday’s Boston Marathon. The camera at Lord & Taylor, located directly across the street, has given investigators clear video of the area, according to the unnamed official.

“The camera from Lord & Taylor is the best source of video so far,” said Dot Joyce, a spokeswoman for Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino told the Boston Globe. “All I know is that they are making progress.”

Fox News has learned that the circuit board suspected of being used to detonate the at least one of the bomb has been recovered, and that FBI investigators continue to scan and analyze the cell phone tower records to identify positive hits for signs of calls that may have triggered both explosions remotely.
    Suspect nabbed in Boston Marathon bombing | Fox News
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    The big problem as I see it, with these images, is you can make a ton of guesses about what is going on in a still photo, but without anything that is factually concrete, it's just a guess. For example, in the first photo, it's a black backpack with gray flat webbing. I don't actually see any grey flat webbing on the blown up backpack. I see a gray area, but there's no way of telling what that actually is and the rest of the dangling webbing appears black to me. Also, the guy could look out of place because he's trying to find a bathroom, or his family, or a ton of other things, or he's holding the backpack for his kid or wife who is looking for a bathroom. Heck, put me in a crowd of that many people and I'd probably look more suspicious because my SA would be going bonkers!

Also, on the third image, while it appears the guy isn't wearing the backpack any longer, look at his arms and shoulders. Were I a betting man, I'd say he was holding it in his hands. Maybe he just took it off to rest his shoulders a second, or got tired of people bumping into it. Once again, just my guessing, but I think that plausible innocence can be imagined as easily as suspicion.

All that said, now watch them highlight those photos in their next press conference and identify those guys as the bombers!
    I completely agree. Looking closer, the blown up bag doesn't seem to have as much gray webbing as the one he is holding. The photo of the blown up bag was leaked from the FBI, so I suspect they have it in hand and know exactly what the original looked like. I've also read that it was a duffel bag. So who knows, maybe it was placed before any of the people in the pictures were even there.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

One of the best qoutes I have heard so far:

"If your experience and your expertise is Middle East terrorism, it has the hallmarks of al Qaeda or a Middle East group," former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes said. "If your experience is domestic groups and bombings that have occurred here, it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bombings."
    Keep an open mind and include all, exclude none, if you are investigating or doing intel for this dump any bias.
    thephanatik, TX expat and 84160 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

Keep an open mind and include all, exclude none, if you are investigating or doing intel for this dump any bias.
    ^ This, from a guy who also posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Quite honestly my first thought was a nut job, not Muslim at all, but a right leaning nutcase. We have enough nutcases here on the left and right without having to suspect it is a Muslim terrorists all the time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links