Is this prep for things to come?

This is a discussion on Is this prep for things to come? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking that as horrible as this Boston Marathan bombing was, that it was a test case to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Is this prep for things to come?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Is this prep for things to come?

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking that as horrible as this Boston Marathan bombing was, that it was a test case to desensitize people to the military completely taking over American cities. Because it was an emergency situation, no one objected to the huge police and military presence everywhere, cops going door to door and no doubt the trampling of Constitutional rights.

Oh, great, I have just been tagged by DHS, no doubt.

Here are just a few pictures from Google search:

gty_boston_swat_police_manhunt_suspect_thg_130419_wblog.jpg
    AP536379149996_620x350.jpg
    0419armedpolice6.jpg
    Boston-manhunt-G-620x362.jpeg
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    No, I don't think it was a test case.

What would you have had the police do in that situation?

There was a threat on the loose who had detonated bombs in a large crowd, carjacked, killed a cop, and had exchanged shots with several other cops in a residential area. What else could they have done to apprehend this guy?

The only thing that came to mind was,i'm glad they got this nut job in cuffs.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking that as horrible as this Boston Marathan bombing was, that it was a test case to desensitize people to the military completely taking over American cities. Because it was an emergency situation, no one objected to the huge police and military presence everywhere, cops going door to door and no doubt the trampling of Constitutional rights.

Oh, great, I have just been tagged by DHS, no doubt.

Here are just a few pictures from Google search:

gty_boston_swat_police_manhunt_suspect_thg_130419_wblog.jpg
    AP536379149996_620x350.jpg
    0419armedpolice6.jpg
    Boston-manhunt-G-620x362.jpeg
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that LE was not searching people's home for what the residents might have (evidence), but was actively searching for a bombing suspect known to be in the area. Big difference.
    SIXTO, NONAME762 and mcp1810 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yikes! I've been truly shocked at peoples acceptance of the blatant constitutional violations that occurred yesterday. Our country is in far worse shape than I imagined as people are so eager to trade liberty for security. Yesterday was a sad day for America and we should all take a couple steps back, put on our thinking caps, and reflect on what is really important. The real terrorism was not the death of three and maiming of 200 but the tyranny from our government on 2,000,000 Bostonians.

www.getcorded.com
    ksholder, ctr, fail_187 and 4 others like this.

Howdy!

"Constitutional Rights" next thing is you let this Terrorist lawyer up. 48 hours of interrogation then he's off to GETMO.

"Happy Trails"
    Chiefneon

Let me say this bombing and aftermath was a tragedy and anyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. With that being said I watched several hours of this coverage and saw law enforcement agencies tripping over each other at times. In one incident about a dozen cars had to be moved for they could get a vehicle out while another 20 or so officers stood and watched. This is not meant to criticize how this was handled but I'm convinced that with all the plans, playbooks and preparation you just can't rehearse for the real deal. It was handled quickly but mostly through the help of the public and in the end it was Mr John Q Citizen that called and said, hey if you want this guy he's sitting outside your perimeter bleeding to death in a boat in my backyard.
    "We cannot resort to simplistic or extreme solutions which substitute myths for common sense". JIMMY CARTER

I was impressed by the reactions of all the first responders. The cops were actively searching hard to find known armed shooters and bombers. They went towards the gunfire. People had been killed. Why criticize. They even took him alive.

I've been truly shocked at peoples acceptance of the blatant constitutional violations that occurred yesterday
    There have been no reports of illegal searches or violations of law committed by LEO's. Why try to make it into a conspiracy issue? If the cops ask to search and you say yes, no violation has occurred. Until there are verified reports of illegal searches, it is not an issue. Not everything is a conspiracy. The problem is that now the accusation of illegal searches will appear on web sites everywhere, based on nothing.

Unfortunately, the terrorist is protected by the same laws and constitutional rights that protect the rest of us. But between the bullet holes in his body, the photos and videos, and other evidence, Miranda will not be an issue.
    StripesDude and ActionA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwheels View Post
    Let me say this bombing and aftermath was a tragedy and anyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. With that being said I watched several hours of this coverage and saw law enforcement agencies tripping over each other at times. In one incident about a dozen cars had to be moved for they could get a vehicle out while another 20 or so officers stood and watched. It was handled quickly but mostly through the help of the public and in the end it was Mr John Q Citizen that called and said, hey if you want this guy he's sitting outside your perimeter bleeding to death in a boat in my backyard.
    I'd like to know how, with all the police present at the first major shootout, after the escape vehicle was riddled with bullets not one police vehicle was able to persue the Mercedes SUV.

When the SUV was located and blood was found indicating Suspect #2 was injured and probably leaving a blood trail not one dog was put on the trail??

How far from the abandoned SUV was Suspect #2 found ( BY THE HOMEOWNER ) hiding in the boat??

Just a few questions.

bosco
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Dont know, but if I was the guy they carjacked, none of what happened yesterday would have been necessary.

Except for the coroner needing to be called to the scene.

I truly and honestly wonder do the people,who actually lives in that area,had any problem,with the way things were carried out?The only ones who seems to have a problem,with the way it was carried out,doesn't live there.

It already happened in New Orleans after Katrina. No big surprise...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Where it's good to be a little paranoid (and we certainly have reason to be), I really don't think it was an attempt to desensitize us.

I think this particular incident was an excellent response and action taken by law enforcement.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I'm not a US citizen, so I don't have any place to speak about constitutional rights or criticize the American government. Nonetheless, I feel that the way that law enforcement officials acted was appropriate and the military's participation was justified. An armed and dangerous terrorist on the run in a huge city like Boston is not something to take lightly and I think that the people of Boston were glad to see such a huge display of security. I would give an arm and a kidney to have such security and professional law enforcement in my country!
    StripesDude likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links