People who support our Second Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others

This is a discussion on People who support our Second Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; “Domestic terrorists tend to be on the far right.” - Chris Matthews “NRA helping the Boston Marathon bombers get away.” – Lawrence O'Donnell “Let's hope ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By 2700

Thread: People who support our Second Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others

People who support our Second Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others

“Domestic terrorists tend to be on the far right.” - Chris Matthews
    “NRA helping the Boston Marathon bombers get away.” – Lawrence O'Donnell
    “Let's hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American.” - David Sirota
    CNN Analyst Peter Bergen blaming right-wing extremest for the explosions.
    Hollywood actors blaming the Boston Attack on the Gun Culture.
    Michael Moore alleging the Tea Party was behind the Boston Marathon bombings.

I believe everyone will agree these individuals sit left of center. My personal opinion is they don't possess enough collective sense to pour sand out of their shoes. Their comments herein betray that.

So where are those that sit to the right of center on this? Well, I have been reading some things that are equally disturbing to me. From shutting down all our borders to any immigration whatsoever, to Muslims being the problem. People vilifying 1.6 billion peaceful Muslims because of the actions of a a fractional group of individuals who are evil lunatics. Really? Is bigotry that prevalent is this county? Maybe I'm the ignorant one...

I have seen this again and again... on both sides – a myopic polarization and rush to judgment. Then the pile-on mob mentality... it's all unbelievable to me. Not so much here as elsewhere.

People who support our First Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others, including our Second. People who support our Second Amendment rights, but don't seem to remember any others, including our Forth and Fifth. People who claim to support our Constitution while they rush to hang someone without due process. We don't get to cherry pick what we like in our Constitution and then discard the rest.

There is a whole lot of information we don't know right now. I think all would be best served by allowing this process to proceed without fanning the flames. Moreover, I believe we have given this individual far too much attention. Some time ago we realized that negotiating with terrorists were counterproductive. We must soon realize that giving them attention is also counterproductive. It only furthers their agenda. Beyond the aforementioned Constitutional concerns, we have a pile of them in Gitmo that are are not getting attention. Why should this one?
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

To be honest I think we forget sometimes what the constitution guarantees us and the citizens of the U.S. I am guilty of it myself.

Good reminder: The Constitution is a great guide; it's rules are important to follow; the rights it protects and the limitations it puts in place are to protect all persons; and we circumvent those things at our peril as a People and a society.

Due process is important, crucial for getting at the truth. I hope it is allowed to run its course, at the expense of any knee-jerk desires for end-arounds.

And, hopefully, if it's shown this person was directly responsible, he'll be held to account with swift justice indeed, without any of this lifetime crime school tuition+room+board crap.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It helps when we think of the U.S. as a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy. All of our rights deserve protection. However, I think our blood tends to boil a bit more with the Second Amendment because too many people try to "interpret" it instead of taking it for what it is. I know it does mine.

- A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Yep, nothing about Hunting, Sport shooting or Personal protection. Only that it is necessary to the security of a free state. Watering down the Second Amendment to mean anything less would be disastrous. We the people are the true protectors of our rights and freedoms, not the government. As such, something like an "assault weapons ban" on the people of the U.S. would be equivalent to instating an "assault weapons ban" on our military.

Just look on the Bradycenter.org website. It states that the "Supreme Court has reaffirmed that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual the right to possess guns in the home for self defense." Need I say more?
    WE THE PEOPLE created the federal government. It is our “creature” as stated by Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson.
    Our “creature”, can lawfully do only what WE authorized it to do in our Constitution. WE did not give our “creature” power to control medical care or our guns. - Publius-Huldah

Links