The LEO's involved in the Terrorist manhunt deserve better than what I've seen here

The LEO's involved in the Terrorist manhunt deserve better than what I've seen here

This is a discussion on The LEO's involved in the Terrorist manhunt deserve better than what I've seen here within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just have to write this. A lot of men and women risked their lives killing one of these killers and capturing the other one. ...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: The LEO's involved in the Terrorist manhunt deserve better than what I've seen here

VIP Member

I just have to write this. A lot of men and women risked their lives killing one of these killers and capturing the other one.

One of the officers died. His name was Sean Collier. Google him. He was 26 years old. From what I read he was not a brown shirt bent on extinguishing your constitutional rights.

Some people here are railing about tyranny, false flags, and this being a test case for a government take over.

Office Collier, and all the others involved, deserve better.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

All tin foil hat issues aside the people of Mass deserve better. I feel for the officer who lost his life, but with the all out invasion by police and military the folks were subjected to unconstitutional searches. I understand your point, but there is more to this.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    All tin foil hat issues aside the people of Mass deserve better. I feel for the officer who lost his life, but with the all out invasion by police and military the folks were subjected to unconstitutional searches. I understand your point, but there is more to this.....
    Better like how?... what would you have had the police do?
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    They can seek redress re searches. That particular concern is valid. It's the hyperbole and tin foil hat stuff that I find disappointing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Um...doesn't this also citizen deserve better than what this officer is doing? Not trying to bash individual police officers trying to do a dangerous job but there are two sides to every coin.

image.jpg

I wrote a heart-felt letter of thanks to the Mayor, Police, Sheriffs and other first-responders in the city of Boston with appreciation for the tough job they had to perform, and for sacrificing their time and efforts to help ensure these animals were hunted down.

IMO, the time for jumping on the huge response and presence that was implemented to collar the people responsible can wait a bit, until the information can be assimilated. Yes, I believe there were likely many instances of heavy-handedness. And, yes, there were likely some instances of going over the Constitutional line. But there will be plenty of time for the what-ifs and policy changes, in the coming weeks. Right now, we've got dead bodies, the injured, police down, and people who were involved near the bombing and manhunt that need our support and assistance, to the degree we can provide it.

We'll get there, and we'll hopefully identify and correct any over-board procedures that were commanded and allowed to be done. But hopefully it'll be a measured response that takes into account the options available, the degree to which citizens could be part of (or hinder) such efforts, the degree to which preparations allowed for the steps to be taken, etc.

Myself, I'm not LE or involved with emergency/manhunt action designs or policy designs, so (for me at least) there's much to take in and evaluate before I'm prepared to jump heavily on folks for what I don't have an effective enough grasp of yet. But that's just me.
    AZJD1968, Bark'n, Tzadik and 4 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Um...doesn't this also citizen deserve better than what this officer is doing? Not trying to bash individual police officers trying to do a dangerous job but there are two sides to every coin.

image.jpg
    Please respond to my thread What would you have done if you were in charge in Boston? and let us know what should have been the appropriate response.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Without knowing whether that guy had a separate set of field glasses, using his scope was probably simplest and most effective.

In a lock-down type situation with an active manhunt going on, anyone clearly holding some sort of "thing" in the hands and directing attention out a window toward the police is probably going to be checked out to ensure the "window" person isn't about to take shots. Little different than, say, occurs in Washington DC around the WH and Senate buildings, particularly when stuff's going on.

Am not condoning any over-board behavior that clearly violates Constitutional and LE limitations, but we've got to be careful about having the right information and interpreting things correctly. We'll get to the point of being able to evaluate all these reports of heavy-handedness, and I'm sure it'll impact some of the preparations and procedures for such actions. But right now, the dust is still settling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Better like how?... what would you have had the police do?
    Stick to the OATH they took. Thats all. Nothing more...I do not dislike police. I have some real good friends that are police. I do understand what happened....

PEF They can seek redress re searches. That particular concern is valid. It's the hyperbole and tin foil hat stuff that I find disappointing.
    The rest like you describe is indeed crap....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Please respond to my thread What would you have done if you were in charge in Boston? and let us know what should have been the appropriate response.
    I won't pretend to know all the answers or what the best way to handle this situation is so I won't bother to reply to your other post.

What I will do is point out that it is hypocritical for people on a forum who spend so much time railing against the infringement of one right simply turn a blind eye to the infringement of another. To be clear...I myself never claimed false flags or flat out tyranny. I simply stated that actions like this set dangerous precedents that could lead to further infringements to all of our rights.

The attitude that the police "had to do what they had to do" in order to apprehend this terrorist for the sake of public safety is little different than the president calling for strict new gun control measures "to protect the children".

The beautiful thing is that I am free to disagree with you...at least for now.
    Mjr_Fail, ctr, Alex_C and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Please remember that this 12.jpg was done to prevent this from happening again.

I for one am going to thank our LEO's for their hard work.
    ActionA likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Please remember that this 12.jpg was done to prevent this from happening again.

I for one am going to thank our LEO's for their hard work.

No, I am not an anarchist.
    Logical fallacy.
    TVJ and peckman28 like this.

Ya know.... I understand the differing opinions but the cops and Govt did what they had too in a time of crisis. Everyone can criticize them for being heavy handed , illegal searches etc.... try and see from the point of view of the govt and LEO's. There was a homicidal terrorist with explosives who had already killed and injured loose on the streets..... if you are not willing to stand behind them, feel free to stand in front of them.
    ActionA and awoodpd13 like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Ya know.... I understand the differing opinions but the cops and Govt did what they had too in a time of crisis. Everyone can criticize them for being heavy handed , illegal searches etc.... try and see from the point of view of the govt and LEO's. There was a homicidal terrorist with explosives who had already killed and injured loose on the streets..... if you are not willing to stand behind them, feel free to stand in front of them.

Nice rhetoric. I was under the assumption we were free to point out things we disagreed with in this country but I guess i was wrong. I'm done with this conversation.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Stick to the OATH they took.
    The Oath that they took was to protect the people from things like this.... ... and that is exactly what they were doing.
    ActionA likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links