Amnesty Bill National ID Card

This is a discussion on Amnesty Bill National ID Card within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This says it will be trackable & soon needed for ALL purchases. Email Date: April 29, 2013 To: John Tate President From: Norm Singleton Vice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Amnesty Bill National ID Card

Amnesty Bill National ID Card

This says it will be trackable & soon needed for ALL purchases.

Email

Date: April 29, 2013

To: John Tate
    President

Vice President of Policy

Re: National ID Card Fight Looming

Overview

It is often said, "No man's life, liberty, or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session."

Next week, the Senate comes back in session after a brief one-week recess, so buckle up.

The schemes are coming fast and furious, as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is trying to finish up ramming a slew of power grabs through the Senate before Congress' extended August recess.

The fights over the National Internet Tax and gun control haven't gone anywhere.

But President Obama, Harry Reid, and the bipartisan "Gang of Eight" also want to get their National ID/"Immigration Reform" bill fast-tracked, knowing that time has helped work to defeat these schemes in the past.

As soon as the Senate comes back next week, the fight could begin.

I am not exaggerating at all when I say this is the absolute WORST National ID scheme we've seen to date.

So it's absolutely vital C4L members spring into action to stop this madness NOW.

If we're going to win this fight - especially after all the other battles we've taken on in recent weeks - we simply must start raising resources and generating No National ID Petitions IMMEDIATELY.

We're not going to have much time.

The Gang of Eight's Scheme

"Control the borders." "Path to citizenship." "Amnesty."

There's no end to the buzzwords being tossed around. And this fight is about to get white hot!

But all of the sloganeering is just designed to conceal all the madness contained within this 844-page monstrosity.

In fact, the problems are almost too many to list.

Besides dramatically increasing federal spending, this bill mandates every American carry a federally issued National ID card with their photo.

It also creates a new federal database with biometric information on every American.

If passed, the bill would:

*** Require a new National ID card based on Social Security cards and a national database containing biometric identification information, such as fingerprints, retinal scans, or scans of veins on the back of hands, which could easily be used for government tracking.

*** The card would be required for all U.S. workers regardless of place of birth, making it illegal for anyone to hold a job in the United States who doesn't obtain the ID card;

*** All employers would be required to purchase an ID scanner to verify the ID cards by making sure the information on the card matches the information in the federal database.

So every time any citizen applies for a job, the government would know.

You can bet it's only a matter of time until "ID scans" will be required to travel, attend public events, or make even routine purchases.

By far, the most dangerous part is the biometric tracking technology, which would allow federal bureaucrats to track our every move.

In fact, it sends shivers down my spine just reading through all the new mandates and requirements.

This is exactly the type of battle that often decides whether a country remains free or continues down a slide toward tyranny.

Once government bureaucrats know exactly how we live our lives, it won't be long until they try to run them.

It will only be a matter of time until they spend their workdays making sure you and I don't go anywhere, read anything, eat anything, or drink anything they think we shouldn't.

Knowing many citizens have had massive success derailing National ID schemes at the state level, the statists have come up with a solution . . .

Federalize it.

In other words, they're getting rid of mandates on state governments to create conforming ID cards. Under this legislation, the federal government would just take on the responsibility of issuing these IDs!

The Politics

The National ID card is something the establishment of BOTH parties have wanted for years - and they think they finally have the votes to get it done.

Reading through the names of the top four leaders of the Gang of Eight is enough to make you feel queasy.

John McCain. Lindsey Graham. Chuck Schumer. Dick Durbin.

These senators, knowing they have absolutely ZERO street cred with pro-limited government grassroots, have tapped Senator Marco Rubio to deliver their message.

Senator Rubio, of course, has presidential ambitions.

He's no doubt observed that the last two nominees of the Republican Party - Mitt Romney and John McCain - carved a path to the GOP nomination by consistently stabbing its grassroots' supporters in the back.

Their strategy is to flat-out IGNORE the National ID portions of the legislation.

Instead, the focus will be on how the GOP was shellacked in the last election and simply "must" join with President Obama to pass this legislation.

Just like in the fight over the Second Amendment, the statists don't see the U.S. House as putting up much of a fight against anything the Senate passes.

So the Senate may be our best and only chance to take a stand.

But this fight will move fast.

C4L members MUST start turning the heat up on the U.S. Senate NOW.

Proposed Plan of Attack

Initially, flooding Senate offices with No National ID Petitions should be our goal.

This is to ensure every senator understands that American citizens won't be fooled by their attempts to hide the National ID portion of the so-called "Immigration Reform" bill.

The more Petitions we can generate, the better.

We should urge every Campaign for Liberty member and supporter to sign a Petition and then immediately begin generating them from other folks, as well.

Of course, this will take money, so we'll need a massive influx of funds to accomplish it.

With so many battles, our funds are running low.

It's absolutely vital we let C4L members and supporters know just how crucial this battle is and urge them to give as generously as they possibly can.

Their generosity can help us generate the kind of numbers necessary to win.

As you know, back in 1998, then-Congressman Ron Paul was able to spearhead an effort inside Congress to repeal a National ID scheme.

I recall how this issue was ignored when Dr. Paul first began talking about it. But then, as grassroots Americans made their voices heard, a flood of representatives joined with Congressman Paul to kill this scheme.

Public pressure was key then, and it will be again for this fight.

But knowing all of this, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid isn't likely to wait around.

So we have to move fast.

As the fight nears, we're going to have to turn up the heat on key Republicans and Democrats who are most likely to go soft.

I'm talking to Hill contacts and working on an exhaustive list of Senators now.

I will have it to you shortly.

But the most important thing now is raising money and generating Petitions for the initial portion of this program.

I know C4L members and supporters understand the stakes.

We just need to make it clear to them exactly what's going on in Washington, D.C. - and urge them to contribute as generously as possible.

Hopefully, C4L supporters will agree to give more than they've done in the past - perhaps even $250 or $100.

If they can't give that much, $50, $35 - or even $10 or $20 - will help tremendously.

The fight over National ID is absolutely critical. It's not one we can ignore.

Without signed No National ID Petitions - and C4L members' generosity - we'll be dead in the water.

But this is a fight we CAN win.
    Petition Against National ID

Stop National ID

2. Remove Ads

If this doesn't cause a run on aluminum foil, I don't know what will.
    Tzadik, msgt/ret and bklynboy like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^^what he said^^^
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

By far, the most dangerous part is the biometric tracking technology, which would allow federal bureaucrats to track our every move.
    The path to tyranny, by any other name.

This is the one reason it should be ash-canned and every sponsoring legislator tossed out. No other reason, IMO, is needed.

Anyone know what the constitutional authority is that gives our governing terrorists the ability to create ID's for us all and to require it for anything?
    phreddy and USM1976 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The path to tyranny, by any other name.

This is the one reason it should be ash-canned and every sponsoring legislator tossed out. No other reason, IMO, is needed.

Anyone know what the constitutional authority is that gives our governing terrorists the ability to create ID's for us all and to require it for anything?
    I agree with you and anyone who opposes a national ID card. I abhor the concept. But, I don't think it is unconstitutional.
    I think the "Necessary and Proper Clause" in our constitution would takes care of any issue of constitutionality.

Constitutional or not, a national ID card, the old real ID card, and any requirement for citizens to need ID is ultimately a bad idea.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I think you take too broad a stand on "Necessary and Proper" but we're not members of SCOTUS.

VIP Member
    The SCOTUS has already determined that citizens are not required to carry ID of any nature.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    The SCOTUS has already determined that citizens are not required to carry ID of any nature.
    Just doing some research, not agreeing or disagreeing. Can you provide a citation or help me find one? I don't think
    Hibel (guessing that is what you are thinking about) goes to the issue of whether or not Congress can create a law prescribing one.

We have never had a national ID carry requirement so I don't see how any such thing would have been tested in the courts.

The closest we have come to Uncle requiring the carrying of ID was the requirement that all males of a certain age carry their draft cards with them. But that is a whole other issue with a bunch of different complexities and embedded issues.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I can't remember the case and don't feel like spending the time so someone else may recall it. The case involved a black fellow used to walk thru Beverly Hills and was always being stopped and asked for ID (Imagine that!). He never carried ID so off to the pokey he went, several times. Someone finally supported his case and it went to some federal level of appeals and it ruled that a person is not required to carry ID. It did rule that if an officer asks--in the line of a criminal investigation--for you to identify yourself, you must, and oral identification was sufficient. This was verified by several LEOs I worked with, that they can't arbitraily demand you produce ID.

It's a little more complicated thatn what I've tried to put forward, but that's the bare basics.

Where people get confused is in producing ID during a traffic stop, etc. Because you are operating a motor vehicle, which requires a license, you must produce such. Likewise for CCW'ing (in most states). Yes, you must be able to produce the appropriate "license" upon demand.

VIP Member
    I can't remember the case and don't feel like spending the time so someone else may recall it. The case involved a black fellow used to walk thru Beverly Hills and was always being stopped and asked for ID (Imagine that!). He never carried ID so off to the pokey he went, several times. Someone finally supported his case and it went to some federal level of appeals and it ruled that a person is not required to carry ID. It did rule that if an officer asks--in the line of a criminal investigation--for you to identify yourself, you must, and oral identification was sufficient. This was verified by several LEOs I worked with, that they can't arbitraily demand you produce ID.

It's a little more complicated thatn what I've tried to put forward, but that's the bare basics.

Where people get confused is in producing ID during a traffic stop, etc. Because you are operating a motor vehicle, which requires a license, you must produce such. Likewise for CCW'ing (in most states). Yes, you must be able to produce the appropriate "license" upon demand.
    Yes, that is correct that he did not have to have an ID to go jogging, but that is a slightly different issue from whether or not
    Congress could prescribe a national ID card, for all manner of uses, not necessarily one you must have in your possession when
    you go out of the house. I don't think that would be unconstitutional, but I do think it would be a poor move.

This is a complex topic however, and I do understand where your thought was coming from now. Thanks.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    If having to get any ID is too big a burden for folks to vote, then REAL ID is too big a burden for me to have for any purpose. If the Community Organizer wants to worry about identity theft and security he can start by making people prove they have a right to vote for him.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

That's a quadruple like!
    TX expat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    If having to get any ID is too big a burden for folks to vote, then REAL ID is too big a burden for me to have for any purpose. If the Community Organizer wants to worry about identity theft and security he can start by making people prove they have a right to vote for him.
    I would love to know why Obummer needed 2 or 3 SS when most of us do right well with just one SS card. It;s no wohder his eyes are brown...he's full of ship.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Everyone in the USA should have some form of govt. issued ID.

That way we know who is a citizen, who is a PR, and who is here with a Visa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links