Need info about Georgia BCOT (Basic Correctional Officer Training) if anyone can help

Need info about Georgia BCOT (Basic Correctional Officer Training) if anyone can help

This is a discussion on Need info about Georgia BCOT (Basic Correctional Officer Training) if anyone can help within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm having trouble finding information about BCOT and I would like to know more about what the training and what the day to day is ...

Thread: Need info about Georgia BCOT (Basic Correctional Officer Training) if anyone can help

Question Need info about Georgia BCOT (Basic Correctional Officer Training) if anyone can help

I'm having trouble finding information about BCOT and I would like to know more about what the training and what the day to day is like. If anyone has experience or can link me to a site that has more info I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    In the time it took for you to type this thread, you could have Googled "Georgia department of corrections" and gone here:

|| GDC Jobs ||

Day to day you're working in a confined space with 100s/1000s of criminals who would take great pleasure in slitting your throat. Still sound interesting?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    In the time it took for you to type this thread, you could have Googled "Georgia department of corrections" and gone here:
    || GDC Jobs ||
    Really!? You don't say.
    I've been to that site and several others. If the information I needed was on the GDC site I wouldn't have posted the question here.
    I wouldn't have minded the tone of your post if there had been something helpful in it.
    Google, I'll have to remember that one.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

VIP Member
    If you wanted info about a specific source, contact the specific source. Doesn't take a general question on an open forum to do that. We're not here to do simple homework for you. What makes you think the members here have that info? It might--just thinking out of the box here--take a telephone call to the GDC and a polite request for information to get the answers you want.

If you want information from the horse's mouth, you might have to ask the horse. Have a good day...
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I am planning to speak with officials at the GDC, but that isn't the point. I thought that the LE discussion section of a forum that focuses on carrying firearms might have a member(s) with some experience working for or with the GDC and were willing to share some insight. Craaazy huh? I didn't know asking if there was a member with experience in a certain field was too general for a forum.
    I'm certainly didn't ask anyone to do homework for me (or Google GDC) and I know how to use the phone almost as well as I know how to use Google.
    Good grief, when I posted the question I wasn't expecting these types of comments from someone with no experience in the area, or anything helpful to contribute for that matter.

Horses mouth...ask the horse... Thanks

Started to comment, changed mind. Why throw gasoline on a raging fire? You two seem to be doing fine on your own.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I think the OP was asking about personal experience. Not everything you read on a government jobs website is going to give you a two sided view of an occupation. Cut the guy some slack...

VIP Member
    Serious attitude problem. Probably not the attitude they're looking for. Forums are not the best places to get specific information. Generally you'll end up with hearsay and opinions. When you need specific information, go to the source that provides that information, be it state statutes or governmental agencies.

I learned early in my military career that the old sergeants who should know rules and regs often didn't or they had changed. I did my own research and found the commonly given info was wrong/outdated. That's my suggestion to you. It's a life lesson; take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I think the OP was asking about personal experience. Not everything you read on a government jobs website is going to give you a two sided view of an occupation. Cut the guy some slack...
    Save your breath Lotus. The OP is clearly wrong here, Oldvet said so.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Well, Oldvet, I don't think forums are the best place to get any information. We are all just a collective internet collaboration of thoughts. Some may be good, some may be absolutely terrible. Contrary to your beliefs about forums, I have learned a great deal about firearms by reading and posting here. I don't see why any subject would be the least bit different at all. Besides, the OP's initial question was quite vague - not a specific question.

Sorry that you aren't getting any decent responses, Claymore. Usually this forum is more helpful.

Sponsored Links