Cops targeted in Chicago

This is a discussion on Cops targeted in Chicago within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gangs reportedly putting together hit squads to kill cops: McCarthy: Cops Taking Report Of Gang ?Hit Squad? Seriously « CBS Chicago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Cops targeted in Chicago

Cops targeted in Chicago

Gangs reportedly putting together hit squads to kill cops:

McCarthy: Cops Taking Report Of Gang ?Hit Squad? Seriously « CBS Chicago

2. Remove Ads

But, but it's not legal to have a gun in the windy city....There is laws against that...Everyone should be safe there...

Well if they really get pissed they will cut off their contributions to aldermanic campaigns, or pull their "club" members from doing Political canvass work. Shooting at the Police is old hat. Its so "'80s". this town is just one big gangsta craphole.
    LM2024 and Oldpsufan like this.
    "America is held together by one piece of paper"

So this is how the Librals treat their local LE..........shameful.......guess their gov't handouts aren't enough to keep them under wraps.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Another Democratic led city following the rules of political correctness self-destructing while Hollywood prepares a TV series to glorify Mayor Emanuel playing the fiddle while Chicago burns.
    LM2024, 84160, TVJ and 1 others like this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

...wouldn't fly in TX...too many armed citizens that'd protect the cops...
    USM1976, mcp1810, LM2024 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Is it actually surprising? Once they have subdued the police departments to the point where no sane LEO will either work for those departments, or make an honest effort to do the job, then the criminal element will rule the city in the manner of a third world warlord. They'll effectively control everything, and the Federal government will just pump more handouts into the area to pacify the denizens. Chicago has a long history of being ruled by the corrupt and criminal element alike.
    msgt/ret, Bark'n, ccw9mm and 4 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Go to Google Maps at the location area mentioned in the article and take a look around on street view. Then think about immigration reform.
    niks and GeorgiaShooter like this.

Distinguished Member
    I can't understand the surprise in this story. We read about the Cartels in Mexico wiping out complete police departments and we accept that as fact. Then we allow 12 to 14 million illegal immigrants into our country from Mexico and South America and don't expect them to bring the culture with them.

The most brutal cartel in Mexico is the Zetas. guess who trained them? Our special forces trained them while they worked for the Mexican Government. It wasn't long before the trained troops became a Cartel and now rule with terror beyond what most of us can imagine.

Our police forces are well trained in city policing however when confronted with a small squad of military trained individual with ambush tactics they do not live long enough to apply the lessons learned.

This is what is coming in my opinion and it will get very bloody and the citizens will pay a high price in the cross fire.

To the men and women in Blue keep safe and spend some time learning skills that will keep you alive.
    msgt/ret, niks, ccw9mm and 1 others like this.

If the police make a stand there will be public outcry. If they don't make a stand criminals will take over even more of the town. When the gangs are running the city public outcry will be dangerous. Every person has their own idea of what rock bottom is. In my opinion Chicago has been at rock bottom for a long time. Very few areas come back once they have let their neighborhood degrade to that point. Decent folks leave. Dirt bags eventually follow them. Problem starts all over. When your leadership is crooked it is hard to get the masses to toe the line. A fish rots from the head down.
    manolito likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Very few areas come back once they have let their neighborhood degrade to that point.
    You can ask the folks of new Orleans and they will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    If the police make a stand there will be public outcry. If they don't make a stand criminals will take over even more of the town. When the gangs are running the city public outcry will be dangerous. Every person has their own idea of what rock bottom is. In my opinion Chicago has been at rock bottom for a long time. Very few areas come back once they have let their neighborhood degrade to that point. Decent folks leave. Dirt bags eventually follow them. Problem starts all over. When your leadership is crooked it is hard to get the masses to toe the line. A fish rots from the head down.
    I think that maybe Detroit is a prime example of this
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

America's own Gotham City...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    COMING TO CHICAGO 2013

ED 209

You have 20 Seconds to Comply!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I' m flying my flag at half mast today to honor fallen LEOs and it is things like this that tend irk me, armed pubic could be a great asset to LEOs but do to the ones that have not learned that a gun ban is the biggest enemy to law enforcement and honest people.
    bigpapa and Oldpsufan like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links