Trespassers caught at reservoir.

This is a discussion on Trespassers caught at reservoir. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seven people were caught after midnight this morning here in MA. at the Quabbin reservoir. I won't mention nationalities here because I don't want to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Trespassers caught at reservoir.

Seven people were caught after midnight this morning here in MA. at the Quabbin reservoir. I won't mention nationalities here because I don't want to sound racist. And the government's priorty is my guns!!! You can find the article online.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

And? What were they doing? What did they have? Were they dumping toxic chemicals or poisons in the water or were they playing shuffleboard?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

BELCHERTOWN (CBS) – Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir.

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and “cited their education and career interests” for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country’s largest man-made public water supplies. Boston’s drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.

State Police say there were no warrants or advisories on any of the individuals and “there was no evidence that the seven were committing any crime beyond the trespassing.”

All seven were allowed to leave and will be summonsed to court for trespassing. The FBI is investigating and routine checks of public water supplies have been increased following the incident.

The seven individuals currently live in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City. Police have not released their names because a court date has not been set.

At first when I read it I didn't see what the big deal was. Then I re-read and am questioning why supposed recent college grads and chemical engineers would take a risk by breaking the law and trespassing. Definitely sounds fishy and I would be scared to use the water supply for a while if I lived around there.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "A preliminary background check for warrants and Interpol Wanted Persons turned up no warrants, detainers or advisories and the group was allowed to leave."

Seems some folks are slow to learn. How many suicide bombers have been on the Interpol list? Few I suppose. Should have been charged with tresspassing and then deported. I guess Boston is the new New York for the Middle Easterners. Too much security in one place, move on to another.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "A preliminary background check for warrants and Interpol Wanted Persons turned up no warrants, detainers or advisories and the group was allowed to leave."

Seems some folks are slow to learn. How many suicide bombers have been on the Interpol list? Few I suppose. Should have been charged with tresspassing and then deported. I guess Boston is the new New York for the Middle Easterners. Too much security in one place, move on to another.
    They were deported - to Boston. :) It does sound rather fishy. I wonder if the cops searched the cars and persons for chemicals or other pollutants. Sounds like they would have had RAS.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Not a lot of info to go on but it does make one wonder if they were checking on how fast an LEO response would be.
    tdave likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Our enemies do not rest; they will probe and test the defenses of any potential target or vehicle that could be used to bring harm to our country. Sadly too few Americans actually understand how serious the threat against our way of life is, and our government does everything it can to downplay the very existence of any threat at all.
    Sister, msgt/ret, Snub44 and 11 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Criminetly!

They were college students going for a skinny dip...

Or

They were terrorists, looking to poison the water supply.

My, how things have changed in the last several years, huh?

I'm beginning to favor complete isolationism. Kick 'em all out. don't let any more in... quit supporting foreign governments, quit importing HUMAN FOOD from China... Quit exporting help desks to India...

I really wish it were that simple.... unfortunately it ain't.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Maybe they were fishin'.......................

Distinguished Member
    I'm so dang sick of this politically correct mess, and I'll probably end up getting fired for not being pc at my job. For any Christians out there, Jesus was the most NOT PC person that ever walked this earth and He got hung on a cross for it. I want to be like Him (hard to do but I try) so I refuse to be PC!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... deport it!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Maybe they were fishin'.......................
    They were fishing alright - the question is for what.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Not a lot of info to go on but it does make one wonder if they were checking on how fast an LEO response would be.
    Good point.....and all it costs is a hundred bucks for a trespassing ticket. Much cheaper than taking 747 flying lessons.

I'd bet we haven't heard the end of this.
    darbo likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Senior Moderator
    So some college students got together and had some fun in a scenic area?

And this is news worthy because?
    Hopyard likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    They told the trooper they wanted to see the Quabbin because of their career interests, according to state police spokesman David Procopio“........Further investigation is being undertaken because of the late hour when they were observed, their curious explanation for why they wanted to see the reservoir, and the fact that they were in an area marked no trespassing,” Procopio said.

Hmmmm? Let's see the data/specs about the Quabbin are available online, plus Google Earth view, but they decide to go look at it "in the dark"? What professional details can you really see? Sinister or not, somebody ain't telling the truth.

A couple of college students with backpacks attending a marathon seem a lot more innocent to me?
    OldVet, Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links