NSA collecting ALL Verizon customer records

This is a discussion on NSA collecting ALL Verizon customer records within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Government Is Tracking Verizon Customers The National Security Agency is obtaining a complete set of phone records from all V erizon U.S. customers under a ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: NSA collecting ALL Verizon customer records

Distinguished Member

Government Is Tracking Verizon Customers

The National Security Agency is obtaining a complete set of phone records from all Verizon U.S. customers under a secret court order, according to a published account and former officials.
    Disturbing stuff. What do you want to bet that every other major telecom was hit with similar orders?

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I don't doubt it a bit. They've been setting this up for some time according to the info I've been getting.

Here is a link for those who are not members at the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ican-customers

VIP Member
    Then next will be the "implanted chip".
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Hooray for prepaid burner phones!! Oops, now that Ive mentioned them, they'll go after those too.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    Hooray for prepaid burner phones!! Oops, now that Ive mentioned them, they'll go after those too.
    No worries there, either since those two women in burkas bought them all up.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

As a Verizon customer this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I don't have anything to hide but they were not invited.
    pittypat21 likes this.

It's been some years since the full communications-feed taps were made at key telecom facilities. That was allowed, done secretly to allow deniability, and it's still in place, at least tacitly blessed by the courts. Any further unconstitutional "mini" taps and grabs don't surprise me, given the back-scratching going on.

Sad, how much we allow to be done to us by our hired staff in the supposed name of "safety."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The problem I have is that under "W" they screamed, Hollered, stamped their feet. I am not a fan of the "Patriot Act". The debate was that they were listening in to foreign calls coming in. NOT GOOD , but I get the need for security. Now under BARRY & Big Sis, it's all of us under scrutiny, and they BARRY claims he has the most TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION EVER ! This is what the NAZIS coined as the BIG LIE. If you repeat it enough times , people buy into it.

I hope they don't look at my phone records....I have way too many of those secret texts like "When are you coming home" and "what are you doing." That's double naught super secret squirrel stuff there.
    84160, Bad Bob, sixgun and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's been some years since the full communications-feed taps were made at key telecom facilities. That was allowed, done secretly to allow deniability, and it's still in place, at least tacitly blessed by the courts. Any further unconstitutional "mini" taps and grabs don't surprise me, given the back-scratching going on.

Sad, how much we allow to be done to us by our hired staff in the supposed name of "safety."
    Are you talking about what was required by LEOSA? If it is, that is so then it is no "secret".

And for folks whining (not directed at anyone), the lord Prince of trashing our rights through the Patiot Act and other EO's and policies, President Bush, opened the door to this whole thing.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    The problem I have is that under "W" they screamed, Hollered, stamped their feet. I am not a fan of the "Patriot Act". The debate was that they were listening in to foreign calls coming in. NOT GOOD , but I get the need for security. Now under BARRY & Big Sis, it's all of us under scrutiny, and they BARRY claims he has the most TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION EVER ! This is what the NAZIS coined as the BIG LIE. If you repeat it enough times , people buy into it.
    It bothers you now because YOU may be affected by someone listening to your calls. You seem to have no problem with a little bit more security when it was not affecting you with international calls. You do realize that these foiegn calls could be US persons talking to US persons. You do know that a US person is a US person under the law and is protected as such.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I hope they don't look at my phone records....I have way too many of those secret texts like "When are you coming home" and "what are you doing." That's double naught super secret squirrel stuff there.
    Lolololol my husband was transferred about a month ago & is now only home on weekends, so they'll see a lot of kissy face icons - we send them at least every morning and night and sometimes during the day too!

I wonder why Verizon? Or is that just the starting point?

I use a prepaid, but it runs off AT&T towers - out of curiosity would AT&T have records of my stuff, or only those under contract to them? Not that I have anything to hide, just curious, I never have fully understood most technology...

VIP Member
    I realize the need for security and I have no problem with overseas calls being scrutinized because that's generally where the threat comes from. Even the Tsarnaev brothers communicated from Russia to the US.

Yes Bush opened this door but as usual, Obama ramps it up into a tsunami...like everything else he does...welfare, food stamps, EBT cards, Obamaphone etc.

When does the "cure" become worse than the "illness". I think we're at that point now.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    As a Verizon customer this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I don't have anything to hide but they were not invited.
    I'm with you on that one tdave.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Under the Bush administration, intercept of the calls was still restricted to individuals outside the country, it just allowed for access to calls that either originated or were routed through the US. When you put aside all the liberal hype, it was a valid approach to the problem of intercepting bad guy communications in the world of the internet, where there are no phone lines any more in the traditional sense.

None the less, the liberals lost their collective minds over it. They seem to have eased their concerns about the "Constitution being shredded" when Obama continued the program. I'll be curious to see if the NYT and MSNBC come out with the same level of hysteria on this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links