More craziness from California

This is a discussion on More craziness from California within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I didn't know if I should post this here or in the "jokes" section. From the article: "Dennis Herrera, San Francisco’s City Attorney, is suing ...

Thread: More craziness from California

VIP Member

Thumbs down More craziness from California

I didn't know if I should post this here or in the "jokes" section.

From the article:

"Dennis Herrera, San Francisco’s City Attorney, is suing three out-of-state gun accessory companies for selling so-called ‘high-capacity’ magazine repair kits to California gun owners, which he claims is a violation of the state’s ban on the sale, manufacture or import of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds."

San Francisco City Attorney sues suppliers of 'high-capacity' magazine repair kits - Guns.com
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

"California lawmakers enacted smart gun safety precautions to prohibit devices that serve no sporting purpose, and are clearly inappropriate for non-military uses. Our common sense laws balance public safety imperatives with the constitutional rights of responsible gun owners, and they deserve to be aggressively enforced.” - Dennis Herrera, San Francisco’s City Attorney

You know when a politician uses the words "smart" or "common sense" to describe a law, the legislation is neither.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

California is so far over the edge they need to be cut loose to form their own country.

Why don't these people give up and realize that guns exist, they will always exist and they should just embrace their freedoms instead of furthering the erosion. But no, instead they spend all of their time wasted on chasing loopholes, living in fear and trying to get kids to also pretend that guns don't exist by starting crap like a "toy gun trade in."

These people would much rather smother freedoms they could otherwise have than to actually spend the time to REALLY TEACH kids about things that are actually part of our world and do actually exist. No matter how much they want to believe, their laws are NOT what keep people safe.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    He's ticked because the people found a loophole to circumvent their ridiculous laws. I wonder if he's ever going to realize that the real bad guys don't worry about ordering the repair kits but illegally bring hi/cap mags in from out of state or acquire existing illegal mags that are already in the state?

This is a perfect example of how tax dollars are squandered. With everything that needs to be addressed and this is how he spends his time and resources? Its no wonder the state is going bankrupt.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Al tho I believe like the above writers, its been illegal here since 1994 here to import, manufacture, assemble, give, trade, sell, or even expose for sale mags over 10 rounds. The loophole isn't much of a loophole. It doesn't prohibit selling repair parts. The problem is that assembly of these is a felony. And many who sell them down play the repercussions if you are caught with an illegal mag and aren't old enough to have had one prior to 94.[ 21 or years older in 94] A felony conviction equals loss of all gun rights. The AG is barking up the wrong tree tho, He should be leaning on the retailers to be honest about the law. DR

Links