New proposed bill in NYC "blindfolds" police

This is a discussion on New proposed bill in NYC "blindfolds" police within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh, this is rich: New bill will ?blindfold? NYPD, send crime rates soaring - BizPac Review A bill is being proposed to prevent police from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: New proposed bill in NYC "blindfolds" police

VIP Member

Oh, this is rich:

New bill will ?blindfold? NYPD, send crime rates soaring - BizPac Review

A bill is being proposed to prevent police from "profiling" suspects based on age, sex, color or ethnicity.

So I guess they would report that a "gray hoodie just robbed a bank on 5th St." Or, " Be on the lookout for a green t-shirt suspected of assaulting a clerk at the 7-11 on Madison Ave."

That should take a bite out of crime in good ole NYC.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Go for it Bloomberg! If nothing else, you will certainly increase the market for gray hoodies, and now they won't even have to wear ski masks.

I can hear it now. "Be on the lookout for a person wearing clothing of a neutral color!"
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Perhaps all the crooks pay him "protection" money, Hey....he had to get all that money from somewhere.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

VIP Member
    That takes political stupidity (correctness) to a whole new level of stupidity, what’s next rubber guns?? Or maybe the police will just yell stop or I’ll yell stop again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    New York and California.

Two glaring examples of what happens when Liberals take over.

Its there for all to see.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    And the shame of it all is except for the big population centers, very conservative folk.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Perhaps all the crooks pay him "protection" money, Hey....he had to get all that money from somewhere.
    Actually he got it the old fashioned way; he invented something. Bloomberg Terminal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what an engineering degree from Johns Hopkins can sometimes lead to.

From Wiki-- "Bloomberg attended Johns Hopkins University, where he joined Phi Kappa Psi. He graduated in 1964 with a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering.[11] In 1966 he received his Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School."

He may at times be a jerk, but he is far from the 'idiot' as many here refer to him.

As a self-made billionaire worth an estimated 27B, he is right up there with the wealthiest such as Gates and
    Jobs, because he actually made something. How refreshing.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    The fact that he made something, notwithstanding, his stance on the 2A makes him a jerk in my book.
    NONAME762, 84160 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    This insanely, politically correct bill “will ban cops from identifying a suspect’s age, gender, color or disability,” Union President Roy Richter told the New York Post. “When we have wanted suspects and patterns of crimes, those are very important descriptive terms to let officers know who to look for,” he added.
    Pretty bad idea, I'd think, to disallow key identifying characteristics on a specific suspect to find.

Not a problem with "profiling." Is simply a misguided problem with logic and practicality, given what it basically takes to ID a suspect. Sounds like tossing the baby out with the bath water, to me, in abject fear of "profiling" (which IMO is something else entirely).
    accessbob likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Actually he got it the old fashioned way; he invented something. Bloomberg Terminal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what an engineering degree from Johns Hopkins can sometimes lead to.

From Wiki-- "Bloomberg attended Johns Hopkins University, where he joined Phi Kappa Psi. He graduated in 1964 with a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering.[11] In 1966 he received his Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School."

He may at times be a jerk, but he is far from the 'idiot' as many here refer to him.

As a self-made billionaire worth an estimated 27B, he is right up there with the wealthiest such as Gates and
    Jobs, because he actually made something. How refreshing.
    I'm glad he invented something worthwhile. Socially, politically, having done so makes him no less the blooming idiot. Seeking to control people as he would his machines.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    NONAME762 and OD* like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I would not refer to Mayor Bloomberg as an "idiot", although many of his political positions verge on idiocy. I would refer to him as a determined (and dangerous) enemy of the Constitution, and specifically the Second Amendment. As for the political correctness in law enforcement, let them wallow in their own nonsense, and be glad that you don't live under the authority of such self righteous leadership.

There's a big difference between providing a description and "profiling".
    NONAME762 and accessbob like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Color and ethnicity I understand because half the time they're wrong about that to begin with. Age and sex make no sense

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Color and ethnicity I understand because half the time they're wrong about that to begin with. Age and sex make no sense
    How do you figure that they're wrong about color/ethnicity "half the time"? I think Black, White, Asian, etc. is pretty basic... Certainly more accurate than age. Which is a complete guess most of the time.
    NONAME762 and OD* like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Oh, this is rich:

New bill will ?blindfold? NYPD, send crime rates soaring - BizPac Review

A bill is being proposed to prevent police from "profiling" suspects based on age, sex, color or ethnicity.

So I guess they would report that a "gray hoodie just robbed a bank on 5th St." Or, " Be on the lookout for a green t-shirt suspected of assaulting a clerk at the 7-11 on Madison Ave."

That should take a bite out of crime in good ole NYC.

Been in effect in Texas since 2001...Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Articles 2.131, 2.132, 2.133, 2.134

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links