LEOs sued for shooting Bow Wow

This is a discussion on LEOs sued for shooting Bow Wow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not for the faint of heart video! Police shoot and kill Rottweiler in the street when the dog runs over to owner being arrested for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: LEOs sued for shooting Bow Wow

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    At least the dog was on a leash... Another waste of judicial time and expense.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I thought you were talking about the rapper.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    What is with all this dog killing? This dog was non threatening. Yeah he may have barking as most dogs would do if you accost their owner but to kill them? Must be something going on I don't understand...happens way to much.....way to much.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

As much as I hate the Monday morning quarterback, i'll be one here... A little spritz of OC spray would have probably had that dog going back to his car. I've had some pretty serious dogs charge me, but it has never been anything a little OC couldn't handle. Even the biggest and meanest dogs will usually turn around if they smell the OC in the air. Normally doesn't even require a direct exposure. Worst I've had to do is use a Taser. Heck, if you miss, you can still "drive stun" a dog for a second or two. It isn't going to hang around. I hate more than anything seeing an animal get hurt or killed. I wish that poor dogs idiot owner would have just turned his music down instead of being a disrespectful jackwagon. He was violating a noise ordinance. "my bad officers, i'll turn it down" would have been all it took. But he had to be a moron about it. Poor dog deserved a smarter owner. RIP Max.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Notice they left him alone until he put the dog in the car. It appears the police precipitated the incident.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    ??? Would you. As a stranger to the dog, would you want to deal with a Rottie or would you prefer the owner to deal with it? Obviously the owner didn't secure the dog and the dog paid the price.
    glockman10mm and LM2024 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    No need to kill the dog. Pepper spray works wonders on animals.

Edit to add:
    I screwed up and watched the video. That dog was doing nothing that warranted it being shot. The law suit should be filed, as should criminal charges for animal cruelty.
    mr.stuart, bigsky109 and jbum like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Ah yes, I left this link hanging at the end of this thread. Dog shot, man arrested. It will be interesting to see how many conflicting views arise with this situation involving LEO and another a civilian. I'm already seeing contradictions between the comments of both threads.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    What is with all this dog killing? This dog was non threatening. Yeah he may have barking as most dogs would do if you accost their owner but to kill them? Must be something going on I don't understand...happens way to much.....way to much.....
    Sure looked to me like he lunged at the officers hand when he was bending down to grab the leash.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Sure looked to me like he lunged at the officers hand when he was bending down to grab the leash.
    That's like saying that you were justified in shooting someone because they covered up as you punched them. The officer had the tools to properly respond to the dog, he chose not to use them.
    MattInFla, dben002 and bigsky109 like this.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    That's like saying that you were justified in shooting someone because they covered up as you punched them. The officer had the tools to properly respond to the dog, he chose not to use them.
    You mean that would be like saying that I was justified in shooting a dog because they covered up as I punched them. Which is incorrect. No person was shot here. And the dog didn't "cover up" as the officer tried to grab his leash.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It did not look justified whatsoever. I hope they crucify the shooter. He was more a danger than the dog. In addition, how is it obstruction of justice hanging out down the block, filming with a cell phone? The only people that should fear being recorded are those displaying criminal behavior imho..
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    How about telling the guy to secure the dog BEFORE you approach? Windows down all the way would not be secure in my opinion.Pepper spray? Baton? From my experience on this forum,this thread will divide into "good he killed the dog" OR "fire the cop and sue the city". I will reserve my other thoughts because this is the internet.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    You mean that would be like saying that I was justified in shooting a dog because they covered up as I punched them. Which is incorrect. No person was shot here. And the dog didn't "cover up" as the officer tried to grab his leash.
    No, actually that's not what I mean. I said exactly what I intended to say. Thanks for attempting to help though.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links