LEOSA in NY under new "SAFE Act"

This is a discussion on LEOSA in NY under new "SAFE Act" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody had any recent (as in post-SAFE) experience w/LEOSA in NY specifically NYC? FOP says LEOSA doesn't exempt mag capacity rules, and hasn't dropped an ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 5 Post By 3Ti
  • 1 Post By Secret Spuk
  • 7 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: LEOSA in NY under new "SAFE Act"

LEOSA in NY under new "SAFE Act"

Anybody had any recent (as in post-SAFE) experience w/LEOSA in NY specifically NYC?

FOP says LEOSA doesn't exempt mag capacity rules, and hasn't dropped an opinion yet about whether the SAFE Act exemption for LE applies to out-of-staters carrying under LEOSA. Obviously can play it safe and go w/either J-frame or .45 w/mags loaded to 7.

Also, I know many state/fed areas off-limits, but does anyone know if Times Square venues/Broadway tend to be posted?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

It is my understanding, that unless on official business in states with magazine restrictions, then we must abide by those limits.

So if I were going to NYC, I'd take my Colt 1911 with 7 round 47D mags and be as happy as a pig in slop.
    NH_Esau likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

3Ti

LEOSA and NYC

Best option is not go to New York!

When I visit the old homestead, I carry under LEOSA, as a retired police officer. First off you may get a hard time just because your armed. I called a buddy whos still in the saddle, and he tell's me this is a subject that has yet to come up... no memo, no legal bulleten... yet.
    NH_Esau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Ti View Post
    Best option is not go to New York!
    Ah, hell, I wouldn't let ignorant stuff keep me from doing something I wanted to do. I don't like cities or congestion, but a trip to the Big Apple might be called for sometime before the ol ticker stops tocking.

Besides, if more intelligent people don't start going there, how will those poor people ever come out of the dark ages?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Ah, hell, I wouldn't let ignorant stuff keep me from doing something I wanted to do. I don't like cities or congestion, but a trip to the Big Apple might be called for sometime before the ol ticker stops tocking.

Besides, if more intelligent people don't start going there, how will those poor people ever come out of the dark ages?
    We're the ones stuck in the dark ages glockman. Just ask them, they'll tell you NYC and SoCal are the centers for enlightenment in this country. The rest of us are just red neck hicks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Also, I know many state/fed areas off-limits, but does anyone know if Times Square venues/Broadway tend to be posted?
    I'm not aware of anywhere that's officially posted, but then again I'm not in the city often and don't usually look either. ;)

You shouldn't have much of a hassle getting into places. For the Rock just show your creds and they should let you around the lines/metal detector w/o a hassle. However whoever you are with may still have to go through them. The Statute of Liberty is US Parks and they may require you to secure your weapon before they let you in. Empire is private security and may be a hassle for a non NYS PO.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

If your ticker is tocking you should probably have that looked at. You could have a bad heart carburetor or a blown ticker gasket.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Glockman10mm I been there several times to the Big Apple. From one hillbilly to another I dont think youll like it much once ya get there. I had to go because of work a few times. It got to the point I simply refused to go there job or not. I imagine it worse now than then.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links