The Nidal Hasan trial

The Nidal Hasan trial

This is a discussion on The Nidal Hasan trial within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everybody ready for this circus to begin? They're selecting the jury (panel) now and he's going to represent himself. My prediction is that he will ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: The Nidal Hasan trial

VIP Member

The Nidal Hasan trial

Everybody ready for this circus to begin? They're selecting the jury (panel) now and he's going to represent himself.

My prediction is that he will drag this thing out for months and use it as a platform to promote his personal jihad against the US military specifically and the US in general.

They said he'll be calling some of the victims to cross examine.
    Haven't these people suffered enough?
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; July 10th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Everyone in our country gets a fair trail no matter how much of a scumbag they are.
    Dandyone likes this.

The only good I hope for in this is that all pretense that this is an act of work place violence is stripped away and the casualties or their survivors are properly compensated as if this was an action in the war on terror.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Everyone in our country gets a fair trail no matter how much of a scumbag they are.
    I have to disagree. SCOTUS and our court systems have biased the system in favor of the criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I have to disagree. SCOTUS and our court systems have biased the system in favor of the criminal.
    And yet every month we find people that have been convicted and yet were innocent.
    91wm6 likes this.

VIP Member
    And yet every month we find people that have been convicted and yet were innocent.
    Drill down on a sample of those cases. They might be innocent of what they are accused of, but often they just got blamed for the wrong crime, but are guilty as hell of stuff that they slipped through the cracks on, or they really are guilty of the crime, but our lame justice system let them off and they can declare innocence.

Please don't select the one case where the accused was truly innocent and hold it up as an example to let all dirtbags run free.
    atctimmy, msgt/ret and Echo_Four like this.

Please don't select the one case where the accused was truly innocent and hold it up as an example to let all dirtbags run free.
    Holding an innocent person against their will is a crime, who goes to jail when the innocent are held in prison?

VIP Member
    Holding an innocent person against their will is a crime, who goes to jail when the innocent are held in prison?
    I knew you were gonna say something like that.

It's not a perfect world, but to chose anomalies to dictate policy is madness.

In this case, we have a guy who's shooting rampage was witnessed by a small multitude, some of whom survived him shooting them. I question the sanity of anyone who is not outraged that we have to presume his innocence. Perhaps you missed your calling as a criminal defense attorney.

The upside, if he does turn it into a jihad-a-thon, is that the country will finally have to face the fact that this attack was indeed motivated by homegrown religious extremism, and deal with the implications.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I knew you were gonna say something like that.

It's not a perfect world, but to chose anomalies to dictate policy is madness.
    Sorry but I think innocent people in jail is madness, even worse are innocent people put to death.
    Dandyone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    The upside, if he does turn it into a jihad-a-thon, is that the country will finally have to face the fact that this attack was indeed motivated by homegrown religious extremism, and deal with the implications.
    Not really because the news coverage of the trial is going to be very limited.

Not really because the news coverage of the trial is going to be very limited.
    Maybe, but it IS a mass shooting. The media will have to balance covering up home-grown Islamist violence with portraying guns as evil. Hopefully a few junior reporters will miss the memo and actually do their jobs.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Sorry but I think innocent people in jail is madness, even worse are innocent people put to death.
    I would imagine 99% of the people on this forum feel the same way.

Hassan's defense will be interesting. I wonder how he plans to defend himself for cold blood murder?

That was a rhetorical question because I don't think he plans to defend himself at all. He plans to use the trial as a platform for his agenda of hate. He'll drag it out for as long as possible and be the martyr he's hoping to be in the end.

I don't agree that the news coverage will be limited. We may not see the trial on live TV like we're seeing the Zimmerman trial...but we'll be hearing about it 24/7.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    OJ would agree with you. Don't forget that these people have been put there by a jury of their peers, and a few theatrical lawyers that know how to influence.
    ďA nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.Ē
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnít an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

VIP Member
    Is it a trial or a court martial? If the answer is trial, why?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links