Any Camp Lejeune Marines here? (or former)

This is a discussion on Any Camp Lejeune Marines here? (or former) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mods ~ Hope this is ok in the LE, Military section since there is a Marine base being discussed?! I've seen a lot of Marines ...

Thread: Any Camp Lejeune Marines here? (or former)

Distinguished Member

Any Camp Lejeune Marines here? (or former)

Mods ~ Hope this is ok in the LE, Military section since there is a Marine base being discussed?!

I've seen a lot of Marines mentioned so I thought this may be a good place to ask this question since it's right beside a Marine base I'm looking for info on.

Fishing for new location. Fishing is right, and I remember fishing up near Jacksonville, NC is great. Am looking at land/homes.

I love it up near OBX, any comments on living in/around Jacksonville, NC? I lived in Beaufort for a while years ago and remember how peaceful it was.

Thanks!

(other location I'm looking is the foothills of NC if anybody has any food for thought on that area, and no, no base up there but I've heard they got a nice VA hospital!)
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

2. Remove Ads

E Co, 2/6 1979-1983, however I never got around to fishing! ;)

I was stationed there, leaving 20 years ago. We lived out on Topsail Island after I got married. I liked it out there, and Swansboro seemed like a decent town as well. My son is down there now, but lives in Jacksonville proper. They do spend most weekends out on Topsail though. He is thinking about moving out towards Richlands once his lease is up.

Distinguished Member
    I grew up playing on Topsail beach. TY for the info, I know Swansboro well, 2' above sea level and breath taking views! Am hoping to find if the living up there (ie: cost of living, kept clean) is good and it sounds like it. We are about to lose our minds living at Myrtle Beach. Fun place to visit, but a circus to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by bovw View Post
    I was stationed there, leaving 20 years ago. We lived out on Topsail Island after I got married. I liked it out there, and Swansboro seemed like a decent town as well. My son is down there now, but lives in Jacksonville proper. They do spend most weekends out on Topsail though. He is thinking about moving out towards Richlands once his lease is up.
    Thank you for serving! ;)

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve261 View Post
    E Co, 2/6 1979-1983, however I never got around to fishing! ;)
    That's too bad Steve261. Noth'en like eating a plate of fried Spots with hushpuppies on the side and a big orange drank.

Thank you for serving!

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I grew up playing on Topsail beach. TY for the info, I know Swansboro well, 2' above sea level and breath taking views! Am hoping to find if the living up there (ie: cost of living, kept clean) is good and it sounds like it. We are about to lose our minds living at Myrtle Beach. Fun place to visit, but a circus to live in.

Thank you for serving! ;)
    We lived on N Topsail, a mile past the last public beach access at the time and it was quiet up there. I much preferred it to Emerald Isle or Atlantic Beach. We were there last weekend, there is a very small place for rent across the street from our old house on Sandpiper Dr. It wasn't a realtor sign , but across the street from the beach opposite St Regis.

Links