This cop is lucky he wasn't shot and killed

This is a discussion on This cop is lucky he wasn't shot and killed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Warning this site has a lot of pop-ups. Get a good pop-up blocker or switch to firefox http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ it is a better internet browser than ...

Warning this site has a lot of pop-ups. Get a good pop-up blocker or switch to firefox
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
    it is a better internet browser than Microsoft and blocks pop-ups.

This guy in the video shoots himself in the head, he should never had made it into the interrogation room with a fully size .45 ACP. Never assume that you prisoner has been searched and unarmed. The cop in the video is very lucky he decided to kill himself instead of the cop. Be careful out there and stay safe.

http://www.combatcarry.com/video/interrogation.wmv
    Last edited by Bumper; February 20th, 2005 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Copied the video and changed link to point here to cut down slow downloads.

DC Founder
    That is wicked. When I was in the PD, we searched a guy initially and then he would be searched again every time he changed custody. Usually he would be searched twice on the scene and a couple of times at the jail. I can\'t understand it happening but my guess would be that emotions were running high enough for catching a cop killer that the simply messed up. Glad nobody but the perp died. I sure would hate to be all of the guys in the chain of custody.

Snopes had some good commentary on the video.

He saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. But he could have gone the other way and went down shooting at them. He didnít have any problem shooting at the cops the first time around so I would not have been surprised if he decided to have a shoot out instead of doing himself. When I was a cop we kept our prisoners cuffed. Sometimes both hands and other time one hand to a bench or desk if we had to leave the room. If he had been cuffed to the desk it would not have changed. I have been retired since 1990 but I still wanted other cops to see this as a reminder not to let your guard down.

Ive read about it and yeah there luckly he shot only him self and not a bunch of the cops

I have used this as a training film for my officers to show what can happen with a poorly done or ignored pat search. Admittedly, full size pistols are very rare inside a prison, but weapons come in many flavors and sizes....

holy crap, i never saw that vid, and thank god he only took his own life.

~A

One night on Patton Ave. a guy pulled a sawed off on his ex GF (I think?), he got searched by a trooper that didnt find anything. The trooper turned around to talk to a witness and the suspect took off on foot, tossing the SG into a bush while making his escape...

Terrible situation for the officers.

This shows that one must be extremely carefull when doing a search.

May be a good time for departments to consider metal detectors or at least wands to check individuals that are brought in.

I know many departments are running on shoestring budgets, but maybe this is something that shold become a priority for them. You can\'t catch everything when making an arrest.

Links