Defensive Carry banner

Backup- vest carry

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SIXTO 
#1 ·
Backup guns are fixing to be approved in our General Orders.

Any suggestions on a good vest holster? I've looked at the Uncle Mike's belly band holsters. I've also seen some private manufacturers that make holsters that you thread your vest straps through. I like that design, but there's the chance I might switch from a two strap vest to one of those big wide one strap closures, in the next year.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

I have one of those 5.11 vests. I like the vest, but found the actual vest carry way too bulky. I prefer to just use the vest as a cover 'only'...in the proper weather, of course. I really don't use it very often.

Stay alett...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#3 ·
I think he's talking about one to attach to body armor....

Most that I've found ready made were cheap and of generic design.
I had one made, but I don't like it for a few reasons. First, my shirts are fitted, and it looked like I was carrying a gun in my shirt.
Second, I could not deploy it rapidly with my off hand- This is very important!
Third, I did not like to have to fumble with a zipper, buttons or worrying about ripping open my shirt to get to the gun. If I need a BUG, I need it right now.
Fourth, I don't want anything on my chest that would deflect a shot in my chest area up toward my chin. I would rather the vest take the hit.

I was able to come up with some better and secure solutions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.