Texas HP Doing Unwarrented Cavity Searches

This is a discussion on Texas HP Doing Unwarrented Cavity Searches within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Multiple highway patrol officers in Texas have been captured by dash cams doing 'unconstitutional' cavity searches on women's genitals during traffic stops. Lawyers and civil ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By paaiyan
  • 6 Post By livewire
  • 2 Post By WannabeaCPA
  • 1 Post By livewire
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By livewire

Thread: Texas HP Doing Unwarrented Cavity Searches

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar

Multiple highway patrol officers in Texas have been captured by dash cams doing 'unconstitutional' cavity searches on women's genitals during traffic stops. Lawyers and civil rights advocates say the 'mind-boggling' searches are all too common.

Texas state troopers caught on camera probing women's privates aren't isolated incidents: lawyers - NY Daily News
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

As if this isn't already bad enough, there's this:

In both invasive incidents, the female troopers don't change gloves between probes, according to the horrified victims.
    And I whole heartedly agree with this:

They basically raped them on the side of the road,” said Houston attorney Allie Booker, who represents the women.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    It is hard to say this is not departmental when the troopers called in backup to perform the searches. It will be very hard to blame it on one or two bad apples.

I don't see how this can be condoned at all. I could see an officer wanting something like this done before they took someone into custody but not on the roadside in full view of anyone passing by.

I would have gone to jail for assaulting a police officer.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

In related news, a new source of unlimited power has been discovered.

Generators are being attached to the Founder's graves, as the spinning inside is now capable of generating enough energy to power the entire Eastern Seaboard.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    This just adds to the disheartening and hatred for the LE by a lot of people. America is becoming a shell of what it use to be and it breaks my heart to see it so.
    Ghost1958 and Secret Spuk like this.

Sounds like a policy that has some room for improvement.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Sounds like a policy that has some room for improvement.
    Or... some room for revocation
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Now will the LEO have to be registered as sex offenders?
    blitzburgh and Secret Spuk like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    So why are the responsible officers not being arrested and charged as sex offenders, thus being required to register?
    Hopefully if this gets out they will be.
    blitzburgh likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Now will the LEO have to be registered as sex offenders?
    Well said Oldvet, I wholeheartedly agree. We need to start holding these errant "officers" accountable for their actions in criminal court when necessary. It's the ONLY way to prevent these incidents from recurring.

Texas is not Free.
    Neither is Oklahoma.

This fine OK sheriff and his thieving deputy attracted the attention of the honest county prosecutor who called the feds. The feds ran a sting. Both sheriff and deputy went off to club fed.

The sheriff's office conspiracy came to light after Marco Delgado-Hernandez was stopped on Interstate 40 on November 5, 2007. Brookshire searched the man's vehicle and found $7000 in cash. He then seized this money and allowed Delgado-Hernandez to go. The next day, the district attorney's office refused to press any charges or authorize the monetary confiscation. Assistant District Attorney Scott Biggs specifically ordered the money returned.
    Oklahoma Sheriff Convicted of Stealing Cash from Motorists

VIP Member
    This DPS incident is an older story, its already made the rounds on here and everywhere else.
    As a Texas cop, it disgusts me to see this.
    These troopers have been relieved of duty and are facing criminal charges.
    IMO, their actions were not warranted, legal, professional, or understandable.

Our county jails conduct strip searches on folks AT THE JAIL when they are arrested for drug charges.
    If we see someone stuffing something, we do not do a cavity or strip search a the scene. The only exception being if a pistol is SEEN being hidden during an investigation (yes we've had females stuff small pistols in there), usually holding them for their man since he is a convicted felon or to go along with his dope she is hiding for him. But this usually involves other interaction too.

This stuff on a traffic stop as in this video....horrible.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links