MWAG on Campus? No, It's a Cell Phone

This is a discussion on MWAG on Campus? No, It's a Cell Phone within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Overreaction? It was a busy day for police agencies at the Cal State U Long Beach campus yesterday. First, there was a multi-agency active shooter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MWAG on Campus? No, It's a Cell Phone

VIP Member

Overreaction?

It was a busy day for police agencies at the Cal State U Long Beach campus yesterday. First, there was a multi-agency active shooter drill. The short video of "victim" participants is a study in method acting or maybe hamming it up or worse.

Later, that same day, police get MWAG call for the same location. Watch as contractors fall behind schedule while submitting to police commands to show their hands and approach.

Besides, the fact that GFZ's don't protect the lives of honest citizens from active shooters and never will, is there a better way? Can't a couple of units start investigating before a half-dozen officers in helmets arrest everybody on site?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Careful, that cell may be loaded.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Hey, it's California. Watch for the ban on high capacity cell phone plans next. As far as the active shooter drill, I think it would have been a nice twist to have a student, unbeknownst to anyone else involved, with a concealed blue gun take out the shooter before there was ever a mess to clean up.

Oh, and I just love how they call a drill to come and clean up a mass shooting, a PREcaution. PRE has nothing to do with it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Yes sir. BAN every thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Hey, it's California. Watch for the ban on high capacity cell phone plans next.
    You're not kidding! I recently learned in California its illegal for felons to own bullet proof vest

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Soon in California, all clothing will be banned and all bags will have to be made of clear plastic that will allow visibility of all contents. Just to be safe you know.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Soon in California, all clothing will be banned and all bags will have to be made of clear plastic that will allow visibility of all contents. Just to be safe you know.
    Heh...be careful what you joke about... Check out the new NFL stadium bag policy.
    2013 Stadium Bag Policy
    To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into stadiums, NFL teams will implement an NFL policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums.

The NFL Committee on Stadium Security in May unanimously recommended the implementation of this measure that will enhance public safety and make it easier for fans to gain access to all stadiums.

The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined today what is permissible. Beginning with preseason games, fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.
    • Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com/allclear), or
    • One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
    • Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
    • An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
    I'm just waiting for someone to roll up and say "Here... Here's my colostomy bag. Go ahead and open and inspect it..."
    At what point do this dimwits realize they help the terrorists win...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Heh...be careful what you joke about... Check out the new NFL stadium bag policy.
    2013 Stadium Bag Policy

I'm just waiting for someone to roll up and say "Here... Here's my colostomy bag. Go ahead and open and inspect it..."
    At what point do this dimwits realize they help the terrorists win...

That was part of the inspiration for my post.

image.jpg

What the news isn't telling you.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

Ahh the new Gphone. Where one mistake can result in a ND and a butt dial.
    Jemsaal likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    You're not kidding! I recently learned in California its illegal for felons to own bullet proof vest

That would be a federal law.

Couldn't a colostomy bag's contents be considered a biological weapon?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Clarification, "The report of an armed suspect came from a campus Twitter page, saying ``An ARMED SUBJECT is in the area of Palo Verde Avenue and parking Lot 9. Evacuate the area if able, seek shelter if you are unable to evacuate,’’ according to police spokesman Sgt. David Marander."
    Well, I don't know. I guess the "caller" is not identifiable? Still, I think that cuffing the contractor and ordering the others to approach is
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

...CA's looking better as a vacation spot...oh, those beaches!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post

...nope...

CA Penal Code 31360
    (a) A person who has been convicted of a violent felony
    under the laws of the United States, the State of California, or any
    other state, government, or country, who purchases, owns, or
    possesses body armor, as defined in Section 16288, except as
    authorized under subdivision (b), is guilty of a felony, punishable
    by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for 16
    months, or two or three years.
    Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    That would be a federal law.
    ...stated again in the cite that the poster in #5 used(which you quoted)...why it's in two places who knows?!!!

...so that would be a Federal law ALSO...
    Pistology likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links